Sign in to follow this  
Andoreasu

GTB results Haru 2004

Hi!

Kintamayama asked me to act for him this basho.

The GTB results are now online.

We had a record number of participants: 109.

One entry arrived too late, and was disqualified.

The winner is Ekigozan, for the 7th time!! Congratulations!

Thank you all for playing.

results

winner's guess

Edited by Andoreasu

64 points is quite impressive for a what I consider to be a tough GTB. Those pesky Komusubi slots and the M5-7 were tough for me this time. Congrats, Ekigozan! ;-)

Also, I'm amazed the GTB results got out so quick. Thanks, Andoreasu! (Sign of approval) .

As much as I miss the benevolent and slightly (ok, very) chaotic spirit of Kintamayama, thumbs up to Andoreasu for a very smooth round and job (as always) very well done.

Not to mention, Ekigozan's SEVENTH Yusho... WOW. I think that's one of these marks in sports that will never be broken... you know, like Juan Manuel Fangio's five Formula 1 World Championships....

oh wait...

Edited by Zenjimoto

The GTB results confirm (this time at least) my belief that the less time spent on GTB, the better the result.

7-8 in corrected results! (Dances with joy...)

There is hope for me yet. (Laughing...)

The GTB results confirm (this time at least) my belief that the less time spent on GTB, the better the result.

You are so right... (Applauding...)

With my first draft I would have scored 48 points, with my second draft 55 points and with my 7th draft (the one I submitted) I scored lousy 42 points.

I have never been closer to my GTB-intai than now... (In a bad mood...) (Depressed...)

I have never been closer to my GTB-intai than now... (In a bad mood...) (Depressed...)

Oh, come on, Fegi... you are still ranked 21st, and with as little as one excellent basho could easily return to the top-10 again (Applauding...)

Yes, I know the feeling. I'm ranked 34 and have had three lousy basho in a row. Right now it feels as if I ought to quit, but I suspect I will be there next time anyway... (Applauding...)

You guys should take some inspiration from Ekigozan, who hasn't exactly lit it up lately either, only to come back now and win the Yusho. He is another of the "old guard" players, just like you two! (Applauding...)

Has anyone ever gotten a perfect score in GTB, guessing all ranks including higashi/nishi?

Edited by Yoavoshimaru

Has anyone ever gotten a perfect score in GTB, guessing all ranks including higashi/nishi?

No.

The best result, achieved by Kurausu, was 35 bulls-eye out of possible 40 in November 2001.

GTB archive

You guys should take some inspiration from Ekigozan, who hasn't exactly lit it up lately either, only to come back now and win the Yusho. He is another of the "old guard" players, just like you two! (Punk rocker...)

He is actually one of the two (the other is Leonishiki) who have entered ALL tournaments since the very beginning-37 Bashos!!

And, his was the first entry received this Basho, not counting mine.

64 points is quite impressive for a what I consider to be a tough GTB. Those pesky Komusubi slots and the M5-7 were tough for me this time. Congrats, Ekigozan! (Punk rocker...)

Also, I'm amazed the GTB results got out so quick. Thanks, Andoreasu! (Sign of approval) .

Andoreasu has always done an awesome job helping me out with the GTB. (the new ranking sytem, finding the mistakes, keeping all the vital stats, and what not..)

I can only thank him repeatedly and second everyone's amazement at the speed of the results.