Sign in to follow this  
ilovesumo

Kyokushuzan

Hey,

can anybody give me informations about Kyokushuzan?

ANY KIND OF INFORMATION!

I became interested because of his studies.....

I'm sure he got a great personality! He's just cool ;-)

(sorry,my English is bad :-D )

Not THIS kind of informations...... ;-) I know how to find them......

I don't need any boooooooooooooring statistics.........

I want to know about the PERSON.....about his life......more about his studies......

Not THIS kind of informations...... ;-) I know how to find them......

I don't need any boooooooooooooring statistics.........

I want to know about the PERSON.....about his life......more about his studies......

Kyokushuzan was named Mongolian goodwill tourism ambassador recently during a ceremony in the Mongolian Embassy (Tokyo)

His real name is Davaa Batbayar and as part of the ceremony he was given a blue satin sash and a decorative ornament by Mongolia's minister of infrastructure - Ultnasan Ulambayar. He smiles a lot and seems friendly. He is 29 and is looking long-term - thus his wish to take Japanese citizenship.

Also, the studies issue. Waseda I think. Famous but tarnished recently by accepting a 'talent' who later withdrew pregnant. Few infamous ex-studes too but far more who made the world a better place to be. And online studies only I heard.

Hope it helps

PS - ilovesumo-san - attacking the booooooooringness of stats is one of the ways to get you labeled with an outcast badge just like me from some quarters. Be careful. Having opinions other than stats is fine and many will read them but they often get called arrogance, autocratic (if you believe them over stats) and more.

Careful there.

About what?

warning a young lad to be careful about criticizing a particular brand of poster.

Tell you what Koto-san. Sign off, sign back in with your Rijicho hat on and remove me from the board.

Please.

You continue to warn me however, read and ignore direct name calling against myself by others.

Something I am missing? Yes I have a style of typing that reacts to textbook tossers but I type as I see - not as I read. Undoubtedly a round peg trying to fit into a square hole.

You've got a great board here but without opinions the body is but a skeleton of facts and trivia. And a skeleton exposed to the winds of time eventually crumbles away and if you continue to prioritise such could happen to SF. As I said yesterday - how many have never posted here and how many under 5 posts - around 60% if not more of members. A solid core of what - but 20?

Learn from that Rijicho but understand I hope the SF is not thus affected. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to you. I truly do. So many can learn so much from here but will be limited to theories only and stats of things they've never seen live, smelled or been just feet away from. But if that is enough then fair enough.

One day the textbook has got to give way to experience which invariably finds itself the victim of scholarly ignorance and counterclaims.

If you can't DO, after all, - TEACH.

ANR's last post ;-) :-D :-D :-) (Bye, bye...) (Bye, bye...) (Bye, bye...) (Bye, bye...) (Bye, bye...) (Bye, bye...)

ANR's last post :-D  :-D  :-)  (Bye, bye...)  (Bye, bye...)  (Bye, bye...)  (Bye, bye...)  (Bye, bye...)  (Bye, bye...)  (Bye, bye...)

I can't say that I am sorry... ;-)

As I said yesterday - how many have never posted here and how many under 5 posts - around 60% if not more of members. A solid core of what - but 20?

That is reality in practically all forums of this size. 10% of members are responsible for 90% of the messages. The numbers might be 20/80 or in small forums even 30/70 but the fact is that majority of members will always be lurkers. There's very little to do to change that. Exceptions might exist but this is the clear rule. People tend to be observers rather than participants.

I've never understood your dichotomy of statistics and something else. Frankly, at times I wasn't aware what the hell you were after. Perhaps Wakanohana III was better yokozuna than his brother. Even if he was, not very many here seemed to understand your reasoning. I will never have the opportunity to observe the ozumo community close by. Seems like most of the members of this forum will have it neither and we'll never find out what ozumo is really all about. Too bad.

If you've selected to withdraw from this forum, it's your choice. I would have given you some leeway still.

AHHHm......

I don't want to be the reason for a "board-war"! ;-)

Sorry!

TO ME,statistics are boring.....sorry,just my opinion......

I don't need them, because I am interested in persons,caracters,......

I'm bad in maths,maybe that's my problem :-D

I am far away from the action....and also far away from news of my interests.....

I want to know,what whole Japan knows.....(maybe call it yellow press,I don't know how to describe it otherwise)

I'm sure, my bad English is a reason for such misunderstandings.......I try to do my best,but I'm just GERMAN :-D

There's nothing wrong in your English and whatever happened above is certainly not your fault at the slightest.

There's nothing wrong in your English and whatever happened above is certainly not your fault at the slightest.

Please talk to my English-teacher! She say's I'm just awful ;-)

TO ME,statistics are boring.....sorry,just my opinion......

I don't need them, because I am interested in persons,caracters,......

I'm bad in maths,maybe that's my problem :-) 

As one of the "stattos" (what an awful word!) around here I can assure you that I have complete respect for those who think that stats are boring. In fact, most people seem to think that - perhaps not in this very forum, but among people in general. :-P

No one can read every word written on the forum ... well, very few can. :-/ There are topics and threads which I find utterly uninteresting. But that is never a problem - I just read something else. :-)

But I think that in every community of this kind, where enthusiasts over a particular subject come together, different members of the community emphasize different things.

My reasons to be here:

1: SUMO of course

2: To learn more (and better) English :-/

but..there is a problem.....my teacher says.... "You are using a shit slang! Stop it!"

:-)

But,back to the topic, I would love to know much more about Kyokushuzan:

1 Names of his wife and kids

2 I NEED PICTURES OF THE YOUNG KYOKUSHUZAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 need old videos,sumocards,.......

4 how are his marks in English :-)

5 I Know he is using the Internet..... My kingdom for his e-mail adress!!!!!!!!!!!

6 is he living in a flat or still in the beya?

Do you think he would answer a letter? He is the "smartest" of all rikishi......

But,which language to use?

I know, Mongolians learned the russian language at school but since 1994,they are using their old mongolian letters again......

A try in English? :-P

I want his (You got mail #2...)

I hijacked this from the pictures thread, but in the middle is a young Kyokushuzan.

mong1992.jpg

Can't help too much with the rest of that. Maybe someone who's able to read Japanese websites might be able to find his e-mail address somewhere...

Yeah! Something like that,but a little older would be fine 15-22 years old....

he looked like a cute model (Clapping wildly...) :-P

He has a sparkle in the corner of his eye when he loses after a party move

He tightens the screws in his wrists before tachi-ai. He does this almost every time.

He makes a hissing sound when he does his morotsuki-tachi-ai.

He runs a lot when he has momentum and goes off the dohyo. He once ran almost half way the hanamichi. He doesn't hit the breaks.

When he was in Canada he went to forest to barbeque. He ate moderately big bits.

He rode a horse in Canada and laughed at his heya-mate Asahiyutaka who had not rode a horse before.

Sometimes he slaps his foes silly. He once gave about 400 000 bitchy slaps to Wakanoyama during a bout lasting about 20 seconds.

He likes snowboarding. I bet he has lost the touch though.

He likes German 18 year old female fans many scientists speculate.

You are "FIES" like a GERMAN would say (Clapping wildly...)

Guest Mongoruzan
Do you already know the article: "A cheerful smile from Mongolia"? I think it's not exactly what you are looking for, but maybe it is interesting to read, for other Kyokushuzan-fans, too.

You can find it here: A cheerful smile from Mongolia

Thanks for the link to this nice article!

As far as I know, he is a founder of "Kyokushuzan fund" that is involved in various social programs in Mongolia.

Some say he is one of the richest Mongolians. Though in my opinion he is not.

My Mongolian friends, who met him personally, said that he is very kind and sociable.