Sign in to follow this  
igirisujin

Hi all sumofans

Hi

I've been reading this board for a few months now so I thought I'd register myself.

I'm a (guess what) Englishman, 29 from London. I started watching Sumo, and became interested in Japanese language + culture, in about May '09. I've nearly finished 2 years of a 3 year film degree, so I'll finish that and hopefully use that to either get on a Japanese language course at SOAS, University of London, or to get on the JET programme.

I saw Sumo at first when I was about 12 and for some reason I just never followed up my curiosity (maybe I worried too much about what curiosity did to the cat, lol). Pity really, if I did, I'd have started learning Japanese and watching Sumo in my early teens rather than my late 20's. Still, better late than never! Would LOVE to go see a day or two at a basho.

Thanks

Paul

Welcome!!! Better late than never you know!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you and one day watching some sumo together here in Japan!

(Sign of approval...) to the forum !

Welcome to the boards! I was in the Jet Program and had the best experience of my life. Fell in love with sumo and sumo cards. Cheers and keep coming back to the boards!

Ryan