Sign in to follow this  
Guest Musashimanning

Hi

Guest Musashimanning

Hi, I spent most of last year living in the sumo capital of the world (in my mind at least) Aomori. Like a lot of foreigners I got addicted to sumo while I was there. Iwakiyama became my favorite and was cemented when I went skiing at the actual Iwakiyama. I also blindly support everything Asashoryu does (feel a connection with his gaijin misadventures) Saw day 7 live in Osaka and even got to throw a zabuton courtesy of Dejima. Then saw day 15 at Tokyo in May. As a result of my obsession I have more sumo things than room, but it can be tough to stop. Unfortunately I'm living in Vancouver now, far away from any chance to see the basho. Also curious where people got the cool pictures of the wrestlers with the Aomori flag for their IDs (avatar?). Is there an Iwakiyama one? I think that's about it, nice to meet you all.

Hi Musashimanning, nice to meet you - again I should say, since we have already met once in Sumo Game!

There is at least one Iwakiyama avatar ... (Nodding yes...) ... but the Base Gallery of avatars with flags hasn't been updated for a while, and newer sekitori such as Iwakiyama, Kasugao, Asasekiryu etc. are missing. I don't know either who makes these avatars (Rijicho? Zenjimoto?), but I am sure we won't be kept in the dark for long.

BTW, since we are ranked next to each other in Sumo Game this time, I am sure that you will get your chance to a re-match shortly. :-D

There is at least one Iwakiyama avatar ... (Nodding yes...) ... but the Base Gallery of avatars with flags hasn't been updated for a while, and newer sekitori such as Iwakiyama, Kasugao, Asasekiryu etc. are missing. I don't know either who makes these avatars (Rijicho? Zenjimoto?)

Not me... :-D

Welcome, Musashimanning, enjoy the forum! :-) I would imagine in Vancouver you could easily get TV Japan, who broadcast the NHK Sumo feed live for most of Makuuchi, as an add-on to your cable, or at the very least via satellite. (I get it on Dish Network's international dish, which can also be added on to regular cable service, should all else fail)

I saw you surfacing already in several games, and I am pleased to see that you are giving Sekitori-Oracle a try this time! :-P "Don't forget" to also try Sekitori-Toto!! (Eh?)

See ya 'round!

Cheers

Zenjimoto

Hello Musashimanning,chuck in your salt and join the fray.

If you want a special avatar speak with Rijicho or Kotoseiya(same person) and Im sure he will sort something out for you.

Welcome to this wonderful forum, Musashimanning-zeki!

I don't know either who makes these avatars (Rijicho? Zenjimoto?), but I am sure we won't be kept in the dark for long.

Rijicho helped me with mine. The picture I wanted for my avatar was far too big, and computers and me don't get along very well. So I sent the pic to him and he adapted it to avatar-size for me. I'm still VERY happy with it (Nodding yes...)

The stupefyingly handsome new avatars are being worked on. The new collection will naturally include all the current sekitori, 3768 old ones and whatnot. I'm just having trouble putting finishing touches to a large cosmetic update as the forum script itself is quite a moving target. Being the lazy bum as I am, I intend to avoid doing anything I'd need to replace soon anyway. :-D

For a sample of IPB 2.0, see IPB's own forums. I'd love to get this forum finally properly skinned and given a real sumo theme. IPB's default look isn't too bad but it is... you know... default...

Senility's close. Forgot the most obvious emoticon. (Nodding yes...)

Edited by Kotoseiya Yuichi

If you want a special avatar speak with Rijicho or Kotoseiya(same person) and Im sure he will sort something out for you.

Welcome Musashimanning, I am pretty fresh here myself, if you want a tailored avatar I can help you too, I am a computer geek (Nodding yes...) and fairly handy with photoshop.

Welcomes need to be said, and anyone who is Iwakiyama fan must be an all-around nice guy! (Nodding yes...)

Welcome!

I really like your Bench Sumo dohyo-iri, Musashimanning. (Applauding...) But you should have Asanowaka in your team! (Clapping wildly...)

Next time you are in Tokyo - let me know - Iwakiyama's stable is but 10 mins from my front door and a visit to keiko wouldn't be overly difficult - not many other rikishi there though.

ANR

Guest Musashimanning

Thanks for the hearty welcomes. I wish I had found this online community when I was in Japan. I just found that Vancouver actually has TV Japan through digital cable but then found out right after that I can't get it in my apartment. Always the way I suppose (Applauding...) Thanks again and please don't be upset as I rocket past you at nearly breakneck speed in the various cyber-banzukes (In a state of confusion...)

A belated (In a state of confusion...) from me as well, Musashimanning. (Applauding...)

Hi, I spent most of last year living in the sumo capital of the world (in my mind at least) Aomori.
Edited by Amanogawa

Im not talking to you Amangowa till you consent to a deciding match between us in Bench sumo-

Seriously though well done on your win but next time you will not be so lucky.

I dont know whether you realised or not but we met in the last match at the last basho and the first at this one and we're all square 1-1 now.