Sign in to follow this  
asa_love

has anyone been to asashoryu's restaurant?

hi

going to tokyo soon. has anyone been to asashoryu's restaurant? worth a stopover? (Laughing...)

Sorry I didn't notice this post a while ago. I've been once and enjoyed it although it was a little pricey. They charge a sitting fee (not uncommon) along with the already expensive menu it can add up quickly. I went for dessert (had the mongolian cheesecake) and hot sake. Overall I enjoyed it but wouldn't 'need' to go back.

There are probably other posts about this elsewhere on the forum too.

11443_178295141044_515206044_3019847_7333414_n.jpg

11443_178295061044_515206044_3019846_2356394_n.jpg

Edited by Torabayama

This must either be a gigantic fork or a pitifully small piece of cake. Don't tell me it was more than 200

Something funny about Asashoryu's restaurant...

My friend went there last month and they wanted to order mongolian chanko. But surprise, surprise, the waitress had to tell them that they have no meat at all this day.

Isn't it supposed to be some kind of a steakhouse ???

But surprise, surprise, the waitress had to tell them that they have no meat at all this day.

Shortage of steaks due to covering for Mr. Golden Balls' bets. (Applauding...)

Ex-Asashouryuu is suing his restaurant partners for 11,000,000 yen after they failed to fulfill their contract with him. After opening the first branch in Ryogoku in February 2009, they promised to open another one overseas (LA) by July of the same year and many more later. They didn't. They also didn't pay a 5 million yen breach of contract penalty stipulated in the contract. First hearing was a week ago.

But surprise, surprise, the waitress had to tell them that they have no meat at all this day.

Shortage of steaks due to covering for Mr. Golden Balls' bets. (Showing respect...)

The expensive steak restaurant is upstairs from Asa's chanko restaurant!

I have a crazy story about that steak restaurant.. some many years ago I went to sumo with some Kajima construction guys from my English class. One of them even being in management. He is also my guarantor for my permanent residency and can afford any type of sumo tickets and that expensive steak restaurant... anyway that guy arranged our sumo day together and when we met there at 3pm he handed us our tickets for 3,600 yen seats. Many of us said we wanted to sit closer and wanted to pay more but he said "we don't need expensive tickets!" These Japanese were of the type who didn't know we could sit anywhere we wanted (this was a weekday after work) and so we went dutifully to our 14th row seats. Even the Isu A were open in front of us but nobody would move down closer. When I wanted to do that the manager said "that is not right, you didn't buy that seat!!" God if I knew then what I knew now, we could have been sitting 1st floor at that time with those tickets! I honestly didn't really enjoy the sumo that day since I couldn't even see the big guys from those seats! But it was an organized class trip... and now for the crazy part... afterwards he had arranged for us to go to that steak restaurant (one of his favorites as he ate there often during the construction of the kokugikan as he was one of the engineers at that time) when I saw those prices and he insisted we should order big steaks.. I ordered the smallest I could get and it didn't even come with salad or anything then he said "order something more we're going to split the bill evenly.. " that was horrifying how much I paid for a mini steak, a salad and a glass of tea. He is still my friend and to this day I can't understand why he was so cheap to insist on those cheap sumo tickets because paying more was a waste of money and then go to eat which cost each of us about 8,000 yen each insisting we pay equally! That had to be my worst sumo experience ever!

Had our outing been a dinner type party then it would have been different but our outing was supposed to be all about sumo and him telling us about the building of the kokugikan!

Shortage of steaks due to covering for Mr. Golden Balls' bets. (Showing respect...)

The expensive steak restaurant is upstairs from Asa's chanko restaurant!

Maybe, but my friend went to Asashoryu's restaurant to have mongolian chanko. As they are not capable to have all the ingredients for chanko it's no wonder that they fail to open an overseas restaurant. (Showing respect...)