Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Goueidou kyujo

Goueidou has injured his left knee after being oshidashied by Houmashou and falling off the dohyo. "I fell in a weird way that put a lot of pressure on the knee..", he explained while leaving the venue borrowing his tsukebito's shoulder. Will he be there tomorrow? "I really have no idea..," he answered and left for the hospital. There is a chance he will go kyujo depending on the seriousness of the injury, says the reporter.

Edited by Kintamayama

Goueidou has injured his left knee after being oshidashied by Houmashou and falling off the dohyo. "I fell in a weird way and put a lot of pressure on the knee..", he explained while leaving the venue while borrowing his tsukebito's shoulder. Will he be there tomorrow? "I really have no idea..," he answered and left for the hospital. There is a chance he will go kyujo depending on the seriousness of the injury, says the reporter.

Goeido has gone kyujo as of today.

That's too bad, he is my favourite. Saw him live last tournament and was amazed.

Does anbody know how long it will take the knee to heal again?

"I will not let him do anything unreasonable. If he returns, he will not be able to perform fully," said Sakaigawa Oyakata, negating the possibility of Goueidou returning later on in the basho. "It's really too bad, this being my hometown basho and all. I will do my best to show my best as soon as possible," promised Goueidou. Left knee bone marrow fracture - one month to heal.

Edited by Kintamayama

Thank you!

I hope he is fit again at Natsu basho and show his own sumo ;-). I think he has the ability to be a steadily fighter in the upper ranks.

What a shame ;-). I hoped he would go for sanyaku again :-(.

What a shame :-(. I hoped he would go for sanyaku again :-(.

he did....but maybe without success ;-)

haaaaaaaa ... very funny Gernot ;-)

goeido is overrated methinks

goeido is overrated methinks

we will see, 2 bottles of Veltliner or Zinfandel that he will make it to Ozeki :-(

If it's any consolation, Fay, Goeido will come back strong and win 12 next basho from around M11. Oh, and I'll take that bet too, Gernot. Name your steaks

If it's any consolation, Fay, Goeido will come back strong and win 12 next basho from around M11. Oh, and I'll take that bet too, Gernot. Name your steaks

Gernot,

If you want I also bet on Goeido as Ozeki. I put one bottle of good Romanian wine against some Austrian beer. (And don't worry, I can come to Graz for the beer next year, I hope...)

Have a nice week-end,

Bogdan

we will see, 2 bottles of Veltliner or Zinfandel that he will make it to Ozeki B-)

Many thanks for the inspiration! I bought myself a bottle of fine Zinfandel today which I'm enjoying right now.

(sorry, Fujisan...)

we will see, 2 bottles of Veltliner or Zinfandel that he will make it to Ozeki B-)

Many thanks for the inspiration! I bought myself a bottle of fine Zinfandel today which I'm enjoying right now.

Too impatient to just bet against Fay as well and get your Zinfandel that way? B-)

@ Jakosotsu Hope you wake up early enough tomorrow morning after having finished your bottle of Zinfandel, guess I have a bit of Schwarzriesling left. Kampai!

Left knee bone marrow fracture - one month to heal.

There won't be a surgery, but they did put a cast on it.

Edited by Asashosakari

Left knee bone marrow fracture - one month to heal.

There won't be a surgery, but they did put a cast on it.

Which one? The one from "Hair"? Or "West Side Story"?

And sorry to hear that.. I've had something very similar - hairline fractures in a couple of bones surrounding the knee - and it's not only painful, it puffs out like crazy, and it leaves you annoyingly unable to comfortably get around.

Hurry back, Goeido.

Goueidou sounds like a fine French cheese. Why not just write them as they are on sumo.goo.ne.jp?

Kinta-san seems to prefer wāpuro style of romanization.

Toukyou: written using kana spelling: ō as ou or oo (depending on the kana) and ū as uu. This is sometimes called wāpuro style, as this is how text is entered into a Japanese word processor (wādo purosessā) using a keyboard with Roman characters. This method most accurately represents the way that vowels are written in kana, differentiating between おう (as in とうきょう (東京), written Toukyou in this system) and おお (as in とおい (遠い), written tooi in this system).

Here we go again? Naaah..

Just for the benefit of those new to the forums, or those who may have missed it the first time around, but are curious now...

http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=12703

Also, a link to Kinta-san's Audio Banzuke (check the menu on the left side), where those curious how the shikona are pronounced can hear the spoken word.

Goueidou sounds like a fine French cheese. Why not just write them as they are on sumo.goo.ne.jp?

Actually he does sound like one of those guys who comes over to your house if you haven't paid off your gambling debts.....

Kinta-san seems to prefer wāpuro style of romanization.
Toukyou: written using kana spelling: ō as ou or oo (depending on the kana) and ū as uu. This is sometimes called wāpuro style, as this is how text is entered into a Japanese word processor (wādo purosessā) using a keyboard with Roman characters. This method most accurately represents the way that vowels are written in kana, differentiating between おう (as in とうきょう (東京), written Toukyou in this system) and おお (as in とおい (遠い), written tooi in this system).

Every system has its advantage and disadvantages. With wapuro, it's that it doesn't do much to convey the proper vowel pronunciation to a speaker of any European language I know of. Hepburn more usefully conveys vowel length -- usually -- but erases Japanese orthographic distinctions. And the dopey, naive way I wrote "wapuro" above simply acknowledges that vowel length isn't lexically significant in English and that most English speakers are going to ignore it anyway.

The only important things to understand are that there are multiple romanization systems, that different people prefer different ones for various reasons, and to not get your mawashi in a bunch when you see one other than your preferred.