Sign in to follow this  
Asojima

NSK Video Stream - Haru 10

The NSK live video stream will probably start at about 14:00 (2 PM) Japan Standard Time (JST) tomorrow. It can be accessed by using the (Live Stream) link at the top of the Sumoforum page. It is a one camera, low-medium grade video picture with in-house audio and no commentary. Daily coverage normally begins at about 14:30 JST with the Juryo dohyo-iri followed by the last 5 makushita matches. The start time may vary by about 1/2 hour. Coverage for days 1 and 15 usually starts about 1/2 hour early because of time allocated for opening and closing day ceremonies. If you try to get in early, you will get an error notice from your viewer. Keep trying. It will eventually come up.

It is not the greatest picture quality, but if it is the only thing available, it is better than nothing. The initial views vary from studies of the ceiling and seating to long shots of the dohyo to decent coverage. It improves as the night wears on.

The system requirements to get the video is an installed Microsoft Media Player or a close equivalent and a DSL or better internet connection. Dial-up connections are usually not good enough to hold the signal. The signal is an mms: live stream of an .asf format.

For the regulars that view this, just a reminder that Daylight Savings Time starts on Saturday night. Japan stays on standard time, so you may be watching an hour later than you were in January.

Edited by Asojima

Thanks for reminding.......I find myself confused 2 times a year.........why don't they give up on that BS....

on 28th, right?

Day 1 - Up early

And seemingly running late...14:20 now and still four bouts to go to the juryo dohyo-iri, that's more like a regular day. Ceremonies going to be shorter today?

Edited by Asashosakari

Day 1 - Up early

And seemingly running late...14:20 now and still four bouts to go to the juryo dohyo-iri, that's more like a regular day. Ceremonies going to be shorter today?

Audio is fine now - 2125 Pacific..

Stusan

Can you give me the adress for the streaming please ?

Many thanks

Can you give me the adress for the streaming please ?

Many thanks

If you mean the NSK stream, it is mms://bpsw00.goo.ne.jp/sumolive

BlackBandit and Kurohito justin tv's accounts were closed. I suppose too many people were watching and it attracted attention... :-)

BlackBandit and Kurohito justin tv's accounts were closed. I suppose too many people were watching and it attracted attention... :-)

Yes, that's what I was asking about. I assume they or someone else will just open another account under a different name. Does anyone know what the new location is?

BlackBandit and Kurohito justin tv's accounts were closed. I suppose too many people were watching and it attracted attention... (Clapping wildly...)

Yes, that's what I was asking about. I assume they or someone else will just open another account under a different name. Does anyone know what the new location is?

+1 That was great and did a good job of reviving my sumo interest. Doesn't really take much, just something better than the same old official one that I almost can't believe in 2010 is still exactly what it was, I don't even know how many internet years ago.

Can only speak for myself of course but after getting so used to much better quality in recent years, some that you pay for like MLBtv or NBA league pass, but from various free streams as well, it has just become too close to unwatchable.

Edited by Taka

Yeah, I said I'd cancel TVJapan but I didn't and I'm glad even though I don't watch a whole lot more than sumo these days. Was nice to see shonichi in its entirety of makuuchi, earthquake aside... And at the start there was a bit on mussel fisherman (Clapping wildly...) But it is nice to see it though the signal in Japan is much better!

One day I was seeking live streams from Japan when I bumped into a train station being broadcast 24 hours a day at over 450kb. Don't foreign fans deserve something of this quality showing Japan's top sport (for the lack of a better word) ?

Edited by shumitto

One day I was seeking live streams from Japan when I bumped into a train station being broadcast 24 hours a day at over 450kb. Don't foreign fans deserve something of this quality showing Japan's top sport (for the lack of a better word) ?

Depending on the bout, and the guys on the dohyo, the train station might not be such a bad alternative.

Stream's up (with steady tone), c. 12:30 JST. Somewhere in sandanme, presumably.

Edit: Sound as of 12:45. Orora-Hakunoryu.

Shindeshi ichiban shusse 13:10.

Edited by Asashosakari

Day 8 - The link is active by at least 11:45 JST with no audio or video signal being transmitted. In the past, when we have seen this, it is a signal that there may be an early turn on. It is possible to log on now so that you can get the signal as soon as it becomes available. But then again, they might decide to turn it off. (Blushing...)

Good idea to get up early today (Blushing...)

I really enjoy these 10 minutes in the morning of roof-watching ...

Ok... early enough pan-shot to see my Arawashi win :-D, KK ;-)

and yesssssss Shironoryu (Sign of approval...)

Edited by Fay

I cannot ajust today.............

Anybody else? I'd like to know if it's my PC or...

Edited by ilovesumo

Asojima .... it's on

just in time to see Daitensho make his 5th win (Holiday feeling...)

(Oops!) I accidently deleted the time up history for this basho. (Holiday feeling...)

Day 14 - Up at 14:24 JST - Steady audio tone and a good shot of the ceiling. Full audio and match coverage at 14:45 after dohyo-iri.

Day 15 - Up at 13:47 JST - Steady audio tone and a long shot of the action. Dohyo-iri at 13:57 with full audio. Early tonight because of ketteisens and closing ceremonies.

Edited by Asojima

Day 14 - Up at 14:24 JST - Steady audio tone and a good shot of the ceiling. Full audio and match coverage at 14:45 after dohyo-iri.

Day 15 - Up at 13:47 JST - Steady audio tone and a long shot of the action. Dohyo-iri at 13:57 with full audio. Early tonight because of ketteisens and closing ceremonies.

I'm in! First and last day I've been able to watch this basho!