Sign in to follow this  
Asojima

Sumo wrestler steals cash mashine in Moscow

News item from Fox news:

"A sumo wrestler ripped a cash machine out of a Moscow store on Friday, walking off with the bulky 200-pound machine on his shoulders, police said.

The man and an accomplice walked into a Moscow shopping mall and detached the cash machine containing $838, according to police.

A shop assistant who witnessed the crime called police and the two men were arrested as they tried to escape in a getaway car.

The strongman later told police he was a professional sumo wrestler."

There are only two Russian professionals that might be wandering around Moscow. :-)

There are only two Russian professionals that might be wandering around Moscow. :-)

Maybe Wakanohou? The brothers aren't leaving Japan till their verdict on April 19th.

Edited by Kintamayama

Wanna read more on that......... ( this ) Any further info?

(Holiday feeling...) and really hope it was only a big man with nothing to do with Sumo...

Edited by ilovesumo

Maybe Wakanohou?

I wonder if he listed "70" in the arrest report under aliases... (Holiday feeling...)

News item from Fox news:

Fox in particular being the most "entertainment-based" of the media giants, let's not forget how blurry the media plays the line of "professional" in sumo. [i.e. no line at all...] This could be Alan Karaev for all we know, or worse yet some self-styled sumo star like the one that was posted from an American late night talk show.

Interesting that the Japanese press hasn't caught wind of this yet, which seems to indicate it's not an ex-rikishi, but maybe not.

Update from BBC News:

Police said both suspects were from a "neighbouring country" but were registered as living in the Moscow area.

Link to article

And now we have real journalism. In this case it is the unknowns that give us the real meat of the story... until they become known...

Police said both suspects were from a "neighbouring country" but were registered as living in the Moscow area.

Do Moskovites consider Ossetia to be a "neighboring country"?

Edited by Asojima

Do Moskovites consider Ossetia to be a "neighboring country"?

Dunno about that, but Estonia would qualify.

Well, practically, Japan qualifies as well.

News item from Fox news:

"A sumo wrestler ripped a cash machine out of a Moscow store on Friday, walking off with the bulky 200-pound machine on his shoulders, police said.

The man and an accomplice walked into a Moscow shopping mall and detached the cash machine containing $838, according to police.

A shop assistant who witnessed the crime called police and the two men were arrested as they tried to escape in a getaway car.

There are only two Russian professionals that might be wandering around Moscow. (On the banzuke...)

I wonder what kimarite he used on the poor machine.

>"detached"< As in, ripped the damned thing right out of the wall? Well, that's one way to get your kensho money...

Edited by Treblemaker

I read that and wondered. I am taking this with a large pinch of salt, but assuming that it is not an amasumo athlete or someone plain lying, who might it be? I thought it could be the brothers or even Wakanoho, but the 'neighbouring country" got me thinking of Kokkai's brother, or even the Estonian who joined at the same time as Baruto (Kitaoji, was that his name?).

However, I would not be surprised if the closest connection this guy had to sumo was that he did some amasumo once upon a time.

The thread is now merged. Three posts which became redundant through the clean-up, lost their lives in the process.