Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Asashouryuu-after intai preparations

How are the tachimochi and tsuyuharai generally picked for a Yokozuna danpatsushiki? Is there an unwritten rule/tendency to choose a current yokozuna? I know Musashimaru didn't have Asa for his but Takanohana did. I know there was a list of the few of the most recent yokozuna's and who served at their danpatsushiki floating around recently but I forgot where it was.

Next stop - gardener?? "I'd like to build a forest in Mongolia, where kids can see the greenery!", declared Asashouryuu. "The World's No.1 Gardener" Mr. Ishihara said Asa, pruning scissors in hand, came to learn the secrets of gardening from him as an apprentice. He was totally immersed in the tending of flowers and wood, and plans to be on Ishihara's staff as a "tsukebito" at the Chelsea Flower Show in London slated to open on May 25th in London and lasting 5 days. This flower show is one of the most prestigious ones in the world, and Ishihara's team won the gold medal between 2006-2008. Ishihara and Asashouryuu became friends three years ago and now Asa has asked to enroll and learn from him. "Asashouryuu has deep feelings towards greenery. I cannot refuse such a person," said the master. They signed a formal contract and intend to fly to London on May 22nd. Sources close to Asashouryuu are not in a hurry to acknowledge this turn of events. "In the future, he plans to become the President of Mongolia so for now, as he is still young, it seems that he is eager to do anything for the benefit of his country,", said one of them. Mongolia boasts the fourth largest desert in the world, and the yearly precipitation is one-fourth of that in Tokyo. There are wide plains of green, but not many forests. Wanting to "green" his country earnestly, Asa is hooking up with the master gardener. He seems to be planting the seeds of his future, holding a dainty flower in the hands that were once used for violent harites, tsuris, and knocking out restaurant owners.

Mr. Ishihara and sculpted shrubbery:

spf1004210503001-p2.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

Story about Asa going to the Chelsea Flower Show (in norwegian): Asa going to the Chelsea Flower Show

Thanks... I knew I should have learned Norwegian from my grandparents.. LOL I can only say the important words.. Uff Da! and Jeg Elsker Deg!

I wonder how the fact that he went to an "enemy" country will go down in Japan.

KFullFlash20100422131_l.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

Don't think this was a really clever move :-S

When I saw this on the news last night I was wondering what the heck he was doing there. Then they were talking about his "new business chance" :-S

i'm hearing from friends in UB that he bought some expensive NK artworks...

Ex- Asashouryuu is back in Japan, but troubled. Asashouryuu's family's Asa-Group is having financial problems, it has been learned today. The Circus, owned by the group, is in deep financial trouble and the 150 members of the troupe have not been payed for three months, resulting in them going on strike. They have sent a written complaint about it to the government as well. It all started when the group decided to renovate the Circus house in order to host the Mongolian Jungyo. The costs were huge, causing a domino effect of problems resulting in the present situation.

Asa did not answer any questions from the press, only nodding when asked if preparations for his danpatsushiki will now begin. He was wearing beige. See for yourselves:

KFullNormal20100425176_l.jpg

sp-100425-04-ns-big.jpg

Takasago Oyakata has announced that Ex-Asa intends to participate in the rikishi-kai (which he headed till his retirement) slated for April 27th, where he will express his thanks for the past and ask for cooperation for the upcoming danpatsushiki. He will be stepping on the KKan premises for the first time since his retirement, 82 days. "He will be greeting the rikishi -kai, and that will be the starting point..", explained the Oyakata. Ex-Chiyotaikai will be at the rikishi-kai as well.

"I think he's not going", said his manager today. It is also being said that ex-Chiyotaikai will be addressing the rikishi-kai before Aki and not now, so the speculation is ex-Asa wants to do this together with Ex-Chiyotaikai.

"I have had no contact with him, but will probably meet him soon. As for the rikishi -kai, he should be attending as that is usually the first step..,", said Takasago Oyakata.

Edited by Kintamayama

The rikishi-kai convened today- no ex-Asashouryuu. Yokozuna Hakuhou was asked if the rikishi-kai will agree to co-operate with the danpatsushiki when asked. "I can't answer that, since we haven't been axed..", he spake.

Two burning (read: not at all important and likely lazy) questions about Asashoryu after his intai:

First, is he losing weight? I ask not so much because of Takanohana's stunning transformation after he retired (although that was wild to see) but because Asashoryu at the beginning of his career was relatively small/slim. I always wondered if he didn't feel pressure (like Taka) to gain weight, and if he wouldn't now lose weight rapidly. Also, he seems to be quite the fashion magnate, what with the beige suit and white glasses and all, and I bet he would slim down to get his looks "just so."

Second, he seems to have political ambitions, business ambitions, and entertainment ambitions. But despite the flurry of initial rumors, he does not seem to have any desire to get into a pro wrestling or MMA ring - is that correct?

Thanks!

The danpatsushiki will be sponsored by ex-Asashouryuu's koenkai, it was learned today. This, according to Takasago Oyakata, who has yet to hear from his ex-deshi directly and, as an aside, doesn't seem to know what the heck is going on most of the time. Ex-Asa's people are saying that concrete plans for the ceremony will start after this week's holidays, and a formal request will be made finally, but till now, there has not been any contact with the heya. "We are getting ready, but without hearing what he wants us to do, it's going to be difficult..", summed a heya confidant.

Edited by Kintamayama

Ex-Asashouryuu came to watch the All-Japan wrestling championships held in Tokyo today. He agreed to answer the press questions as long as they had to do with wrestling. "Wrestling and Sumo have a lot in common with their throws and techniques. All my family members have wrestling experience. I want to be the bridge between Japanese sports and the outside world, I will be going to Moscow to the world championships in September ", he said. When asked if he intends to try it himself: "HAHAHA!! No, no, no..", he answered. At the end of the day, he presided over the awards ceremony, announcing as well."If a formidable persona like Asashouryuu can help us promote wrestling, we will be more than grateful!", said Mr. Fukuda, chairman of the Japan Wrestling Association. Asashouryuu is the current honorary president of the Mongolian Wrestling Association.

KFullFlash20100501120_l.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

And that last one of him hitching up the hoisen is exactly not right out of Miss Manner's Handbook for the Well Dressed Man.

He was looking for his wallet.

Asa intends to be an official on the Mongolian wrestling team in the London Olympics, coming soon to your neighborhood.

Asa handing out the medals yesterday:

20100501-025169-1-L.jpg

Two burning (read: not at all important and likely lazy) questions about Asashoryu after his intai:

First, is he losing weight? I ask not so much because of Takanohana's stunning transformation after he retired (although that was wild to see) but because Asashoryu at the beginning of his career was relatively small/slim. I always wondered if he didn't feel pressure (like Taka) to gain weight, and if he wouldn't now lose weight rapidly. Also, he seems to be quite the fashion magnate, what with the beige suit and white glasses and all, and I bet he would slim down to get his looks "just so."

Second, he seems to have political ambitions, business ambitions, and entertainment ambitions. But despite the flurry of initial rumors, he does not seem to have any desire to get into a pro wrestling or MMA ring - is that correct?

Thanks!

Fashion Magnate? Seriously? Magnet, maybe. Or Mandrake.

Asashoryu's suits all look like they were made by Stevie Wonder with a little help from Omar the Tent Maker. The jacket buttons are too high, the collar too thin, the sleeves too long... And that last one of him hitching up the hoisen is exactly not right out of Miss Manner's Handbook for the Well Dressed Man.

The man needs a good tailor. Or two.

I am not really sure since I have zero taste in fashion. But I think it is very difficult for someone like Asa to have a good looking business dress. I've never seen good looking business dress on big guys. His neck is so thick that collar makes no sense. He had to change his Mongolian trad. derss. collars accordingly. It must be very difficult for him to wear a neck tie.

Also, I think the suits are ill-fitting (the white one in particular) because he is losing weight, at least to my eyes.

Takasago holding up the yusho portrait's illegitimate son together with some person I do not know:

spf1005090504001-p1.jpg