Sign in to follow this  
Doyobi

Tokyo trip

Wow I can't believe this, I have to take a business trip to Tokyo, just for a few days. I should be there tomorrow. I certainly won't have much to walk around the city and I didn't have any time to prepare for this. If you could please give me any suggestions for a sumo fan who is in a hurry, I'd be very thankful.

Is there anything to see at the Kokugikan in this period?

Sumo museum, Asa's steakhouse, Edo Museum, gardens. Lots to see in Ryogoku. Not sure if there are any events at the Kokugikan at the moment.

How long is "a few days"? The trusty forum calendar says there's the (usually semi-competitive) one-day tournament on the 7th.

How long is "a few days"? The trusty forum calendar says there's the (usually semi-competitive) one-day tournament on the 7th.

Sadly enough it is sold out.....

I missed tickets to my own local jungyo in Iruma on April 18th... which went on sale mid basho and after the basho I went to buy some and found out they were already sold out.

They are going to call me if there are any cancellations.... but what a waste for me to miss a tournament 5 minutes from my own house! (Clapping wildly...)

I can't believe how fast sumo tickets to any type of event sell out these days.

Anyway, Doyobi, contact me if you are still here for the 7th and would like a ticket for that tournament...

Also Keiko got started Monday and you can go to keiko if you don't need to be working in the early morning!

If you need some advice just PM me!

I can't believe how fast sumo tickets to any type of event sell out these days.

You can thank Asashoryu and Takanohana I guess. There just isn't something like bad news in show business...

Not to derail the topic, but are these one day tournaments aired or available to view in some way (other than going to it)?

I think some, if not all of the NHK one-day tourney is shown on none other than... NHK.

thanks for the replies, I go back on Firday so I'll miss the one day tournament anyway :(

Had no time yet to go to the city, hopefully at least one evening I'll be free.