Sign in to follow this  
Asojima

Adoptee Reports - Hatsu 10

My two guys had an excellent bsho.

Homarefuji (Ms47e) pulled off a 5-2 which should move him to a new high rank near Ms25. Another good basho in March could put him in the Juryo promotion zone for May. I will keep my fingers crossed. Homarefuji started in Hatsu 2008 with a 24-4 record and two yushos in his first 4 bashos. He has spent the last year and a half hovering in the mid-makushita range. It is time for a breakout!

Hitachigo finished off 2009 with two consecutive 5-2 bashos which put him in a career high rank of Sd18e. He wasn't content with that. For Hatsu, he got a 7-0 Sandanme Yusho!!! (Holiday feeling...) (On the banzuke...) (Yusho winner...) ;-) (Sign of approval...) (Cheers...)

This will get him a Makushita promotion for March. He started in Hatsu 2004, spent one year (2004/2005) off the dohyo with an assumed major injury, and has been hanging out in mid-sandanme for the last 3 years. Go Hitachi!!!

Your adoptees are doing very well! Mine are much more, ahem, hard luck guys so a few KK's and I'm happy.

Tochiyashiki, back from a kyujo basho, managed 4-3. Hopefully he can be healthy and more back to form soon.

Ohifuji was kyujo, 0-0-7.

Asaamami was 2-5 sadly, back to jonokuchi I expect.

Kairiki and Shintaku were 4-3, not spectacular but better than 3-4.

Tochinowaka, former Ri, went 5-2 from Makushita 11, thus he could (should?) surpass his career high of Makushita 7 next basho. With 5-2, 6-1, 5-2 in his last three basho, he is back on track on his way to sekitori after an 1-3-3 at his career high rank(keiko injury, he started in mid-basho and managed only one win) followed by a 4-3 and an 1-6.

Next basho he should be in striking range for a Juryo promotion, so gambatte, Tochinowaka!

My adoptees produced the following results:

Fujiazuma: 4-3

Minami: 2-5

Akinoyama: 4-3

Akinokawa: 4-3

Kinunonami: 3-4

Kaihazan: 6-1

Fujiazuma will probably be ranked around Ms10 (+-1). Way to go to Juryo...

(Sakke...)

I still have great hopes for the Aki twins. If both of them can reach upper Sandanme/lower Makushita by the beginning of next year that would be a great achievement.

Kaihazan (formerly known as Kainomiya) has produced a high KK at the bottom of Jonidan once again. Now its time to repeat that kind of performance against opponents in upper Jonidan.

Minami ;-) ... the opening words of the song I'm listening to at the moment perfectly fit his career so far (ironically): Mesdames et Messieurs, bienvenue

Edited by Raishu

I still have great hopes for the Aki twins. If both of them can reach upper Sandanme/lower Makushita by the beginning of next year that would be a great achievement.

I've been keeping an eye on the bigger one (Akinoyama), too, what with him being on my Stable Dev squad. Still plenty of ways for him to stumble and get stuck, but so far I'm pleasantly surprised.

My adoptees:

Koryu - the less said, the better (Sakke...) Being the poor man's version of a guy (Toyohibiki) who himself is only the poor man's version of an actual top talent (Dejima) is evidently not quite enough for makuuchi.

Kyokutaisei - 5-2 at his career-high rank of Sd74w, should be good enough to reach the top half of the division. More of that, please! ;-) It's probably a bit much to ask, but if he can reach makushita by around next Hatsu he should actually have a non-negligible chance of becoming sekitori.

Daiseishin - 3-4, third straight makekoshi since escaping the persistence watch. Oh well.

Takakiho - Sd12e - 2-5 - Not a good result in high Sandanme. Should do better at Haru a little farther down the banzuke.

Fusanohana - Jd24e - 2-5 - Just marking his time until intai I'm afraid. (He was in the same shin deshi class as Kaio, Akebono and the Hanada bros.)

Kawashita - Jd33w - 5-2 - Making his way closer back to Sandanme. I still have high hopes for him...

Moriurara - Jd97e - 0-7 - Just lulling everybody into a false state of security before he makes his run at the tsuna!! ;-)

To all the Kaisei haters out there . . . (Bye, bye...)

He looks poised for a new career high rank!

After a minor 3-4 setback in Kyushu, he came down from high Ms6W to Ms10E.

And from Ms10E >>> 5-2 !!!

This should bring him to Ms4W, striking range at last :-D

Kaishin, moto-Kainohama, also is perched on the verge of a new career high. One more win and he would have seen a divisional debut in Makushita.

There's always Haru (Sign of approval...)

Previous high:Sd20E

From Sd21 >>> 4-3 should bring him to about Sd8 [sd5 - Sd11].

And from there, another 4-3 is just enough to earn makushita promotion. Ganbatte kudosai!

I've always been wondering what exactly these adoptees are ?

Are they just rikishi you favour ?

its a low-ranker, preferably a shindeshi, whose career You follow no matter what happens to him. Of course Youll hope for him to become a sekitori. No need to adopt a rikishi who is sekitori already or a makushita tsukedashi, because the infos about them will be readily available to everybody anyway. I think its a good way to give some attention to lower ranked rikishi and their career developments.

Takanoyama, he of the skinny stature and fast metabolism, failed to get his KK on day 13 against Yoshiazuma, who's got 10 cm and 70 kilos over the czech rikishi. Still, he's not far from his top rank, and has been doing a good job hovering in upper Makushita for the past year, something he had a hard time doing before.

Daiseiho was at his highest rank, and was in Sandanme for the first time ever, but faltered on Day 14 to go 3-4, and will be around Jd1 next basho. Still, he's young, and I have hopes for him yet.

Unfortunately, my two adoptees both went makekoshi this basho after good kachi koshis at Kyushu.

Miyakofuji only managed one win in his sandanme debut and will likely drop down a division again. But he tells me "In the next basho I'll surely get kachikoshi. and I'll ganbarimasu." Thanks to Viki for getting my encouragement letter to him and translating his email!

Tsubakifuji had a slightly better basho. He won his last two bouts to get to 3-4 and hopefully will be well positioned to ganbarize and get to a better position next basho.