Sign in to follow this  
Exil

Sumo Game Deadlines

(Censored...) Note: The script calculates times based on your system time. Make sure your local time and time zone are set up properly.

info.gif Note: rule.gif, banzuke.gif, entry.gif and hoshi.gif are links to the game rules, latest banzuke, entry form and standings, respectively. If an icon is missing, the information can be accessed via the game link.

info.gif Note: For Japanese and "Other" games, (D) and (P) indicate daily and pre-basho games, respectively. SuperBanzuke member games are marked with an asterisk (*).

Good luck!

miya1.gif

Edited by Exil

I think the Guess the Kisenosato link need changing, as it currently says 1 hour deadline to day 1.... Day 1 (and day 2) passed on Friday. It should (probably) be saying 25 hours to day 3 deadline.

Apart from the Japanese games, I've regularily been playing almost all of these games now.

Only exceptions are :

- CiberSumo (though I'm willing to give that a try some day)

- daily game Banzai

- Guess Kisenosato's Aite

- GTB (long time ago)

- Guess the Result

It's already written that the Maegashira Game is missing on the list and Stable Development, Longest Ongoing KK Streak & Torchbearer games aren't included either, but I've got the feeling that there's one more rather big game missing. Just can't think of which it must be.

I know Heya Cup and Higashi-ou-Nishi are gone. And some tryout games haven't been continued very long, like Aim For Yokozuna, East vs West, KK & MK Guess & Who Bites the Dust ?

Does anyone know what game it possibly can be to not be mentioned yet ?

Or am I just having a wrong feeling. :-)

There aren't any on my current game list that aren't on this set of games (the only games besides the forum ones I haven't tried yet are Bookmaker, FAWL and Guess the Result... TipSpiel and Banzai I've left because I'm so bad at them), so I think we have all of them...

As for Aim For Yokozuna, I've been considering ways to bring the game back for another tryout as it was a fun one when it was run in Japanese, but with the extra people it might house the format it used might not be as plausible. Plus it's pretty much a condensed version of both Hoshitori games in one, so it's not going to win any originality stakes.

Edited by Zeokage

Odd Sumo, ISP, Sekitori-Toto, Sekitori-Quad and Maegashira game don't really have an entry deadline. All can be joined at any time during the basho ... Guess Kisenasato's Aite is also in that category.

I guess the missing game mentioned on this forum for a while must be Sumo Market Game. Is that still running ?

The one I miss most is actually Higashi ou Nishi. I feel that game deserved to become a legendary one.

And I also wonder what Norizo's Cup is like.

I guess the missing game mentioned on this forum for a while must be Sumo Market Game. Is that still running ?

Sadly RIP. This was due to the time that it took it run, and the cost of the site - it was a commercial one where you had to pay for the set-up. Sadly not enough players to make donations. (Which reminds me, it is a very good adea top send some money to PayPal for the Sumo games server to keep all those games running! Perhaps a Bench Sumo 10th birthday present?)

Would be nice to add Maegashira Game.

Next basho. Promise. (Sign of disapproval...)

GISP Banzuke (Aki 2009)

Thanks, fixed. I knew I forgot something.

I think the Guess the Kisenosato link need changing, as it currently says 1 hour deadline to day 1.... Day 1 (and day 2) passed on Friday. It should (probably) be saying 25 hours to day 3 deadline.

Yes, it probably should, but it's not going to. (Applauding...) The script isn't sophisticated enough to be able to handle that type of deadlines. Please take this into consideration when developing future games. (Applauding...)

It's already written that the Maegashira Game is missing on the list and Stable Development, Longest Ongoing KK Streak & Torchbearer games aren't included either...

The first requirement for being listed is three consecutive runs (proper runs, not including testing or development). Longest KK Streak and Stable Development seem to meet that requirement, so they should probably be included. Torchbearer on the other hand is neither a pre-basho nor a daily game, which is a technical requirement.

Odd Sumo, ISP, Sekitori-Toto, Sekitori-Quad and Maegashira game don't really have an entry deadline. All can be joined at any time during the basho ... Guess Kisenasato's Aite is also in that category.

I sort of figured that people would want to play full 15 days, if at all possible. And, again, that's how the script works. :-)

Yes, it probably should, but it's not going to. (Applauding...) The script isn't sophisticated enough to be able to handle that type of deadlines. Please take this into consideration when developing future games. (Sign of disapproval...)

Just call it "next daily deadline" for all games and let the players figure out the rest. (Applauding...) Okay, that doesn't solve the "problem" of a non-existent separate Day 2 deadline being displayed, but I guess we'll all survive those 24 hours of complete and utter confusion somehow.

The first requirement for being listed is three consecutive runs (proper runs, not including testing or development). Longest KK Streak and Stable Development seem to meet that requirement, so they should probably be included.

Hopefully that doesn't mean I'll have to figure out an actual, game-like-sounding name for Longest etc....

Edited by Asashosakari

Just call it "next daily deadline" for all games and let the players figure out the rest. ;-) Okay, that doesn't solve the "problem" of a non-existent separate Day 2 deadline being displayed, but I guess we'll all survive those 24 hours of complete and utter confusion somehow.

I think I'd rather have a few confused GKA players than fix something by not fixing it -- confusing more people in the process. I probably should add a note about it, though. Just so people can completely ignore it.

Hopefully that doesn't mean I'll have to figure out an actual, game-like-sounding name for Longest etc....

Acronyms are popular. How about calling it LOKKS?

Edited by Exil

- daily game Banzai

Why not? Its a great game that needs supporting........

Not as complicated as you might think.......