Sign in to follow this  
Profomisakari

Maegashira game Aki Basho 2009

The Maegashira game for Aki Basho 2009 is given free to register for participation.

Feel free to register at the game site!

Last basho we had a very interesting fight and with Doitsuyama a great winner.

Let's see how it goes this basho!

Kofuji is working to publish the w/l records and the first banzuke.

But it is very hot in South Arabia ...

And you can be sure: Your banzuke place is correspondenting to your final result in Nagoya basho.

You are invited to participate the game to improve this position.

Profomisakari

Edited by Profomisakari

Doitsu has been the man . . . (In jonokuchi...)

But now - here is a new gun in town. (Sign of approval...)

CU!

Kana-san

The 2009 Aki Basho banzuke and the W-L stats for Nagoya are now online on the Banzuke page ...

Only 2 days and the Aki Basho 2009 starts.

One of the most exciting games - the Maegashira game - goes into next round.

Come and visit the the game site to join and enjoy it.

You certainly will not regret!

Wamahada

2 questions:

1. Is this the same e-mail Maegashira game that I was so bad at I ended up retiring from?

2. When it says to create a SumoGames profile, is it just one for this game or are they eventually going to be linked through all the games on the server?

The entry site is now working with a torikumi.

Let's go on!

Let's have a great game!

@Zeokage, question 1: yes, it's the same game, but now automatic, no more as email game.

Question 2: ???

Profomisakari

Edited by Profomisakari

2. When it says to create a SumoGames profile, is it just one for this game or are they eventually going to be linked through all the games on the server?

I'm hoping to eventually upgrade all the games I wrote to use the new profile so you only have to sign in once to play all the games. For now, Maegashira Game was my proof of concept. I've started fiddling with upgrading Bench Sumo but it's got a way to go yet.

Hello Kofuji,

you really did a great job on programming the Maegashira game for all of us. And best of all - you enabled me to take part myself at least. :-(

Thanks a lot and kind regards from yours truly

Kana-san

This is the second basho we play our new old maegashira game with Kofuji's automatic and we had today a very good start.

32 players are registratedfor the basho, one (Chisayama) forgot to play.

Possible maximum today were 23 points (Kakuryu 8, Homasho 7, Iwakiyama or Kokkai 5 and 3 win points).

Two players reached this result: Ganzohnesushi and Mysko. Crall had one point less.

3 bouts correct too had Andonishiki, old maegashira game guru Kana-san (both 19) and Kintamayama (but only 11 points for his winners Kokkai, Kakizoe and Yoshi).

This example shows once more: In this game is it not enough to guess 3 winners. It should be winners, against them vote so much as possible other players. Only this gives bonus points.

But if somebody has a good day with the right winners, he can do a big jump in the players ranking.

And it's no problem to let out the first day, to start with a guess for day two and reach finally a good result.

:-) Just try it! (Applauding...)

Profomisakari

Edited by Profomisakari

With Hashopitsuumi and Chisayama we have now 33 participants.

Three players had today all bouts correct:

Yassier 22, Ruziklao 12, Pitinosato 11

But the best results today had with two correct picks Gernobono and Profomisakari (each 26).

The new leader in the total ranking is Wamahada with 40 points before Gernobono (38), Profomisakari (35), Doitsuyama, Kana-san (each 34) and Crall (32).

For more informations look here

Profomisakari

Daily best today was Heikotoriki with three correct and 28, what is a new daily record and the leadership in the Shukun sho score.

Very good 26 had Konosato, Kotonowaka_Fay and Mysko before Matjila (21), who was the second player with 3 correct.

The leader in the total score is as yesterday Wamahada with now 58 points before today's daily winner Heikotoriki (54), Kana-san (51) and 9 players between 49 and 42.

Profomisakari

Edited by Profomisakari

Congratulations to Crall!

He is the today's daily winner with maximal possible 22 points before yesterday's winner Heikotoriki with one point less.

In the total ranking leads now Heikotoriki before Crall and Wamahada.

On the end of the field has Marimo his second point won.

For more look at the game site!

Profomisakari

Edited by Profomisakari

There are some new important news about our game.

With a new daily record from 32 points Wamahada came back to the leading position.

In his shadow is now the last yusho winner Doitsuyama on the second place before Gernobono.

Heikotoriki falled from place 1 to 4, Crall from 2 to 8.

Marimo holds as ever the last place, but came with 3 correct picked bouts near to the next players before him.

God luck, Marimo!

The KK/MK line is now 51 points.

For more informations look here!

Profomisakari

Yesterdays famous winner Wamahada (32 daily points) today repeated this first place, came to phantastical 41 points and leads now clearly by 38 points before Monishoryu.

next placed players are Profomisakari and Doitsuyama.

For more informations look here!

Profomisakari

Edited by Profomisakari

This game isn't my cup of tea I'm afraid. Last three days, I had 2 winners a day, but most of them only scored 2 or 3 points as others don't seem to pick their opponents. Though on day 6 I picked Bushuyama who had a 0-5 record against Kokkai. And Toyohibiki who was clearly the underdog against Aran. Quite some risk which still didn't pay off. So I guess I'll just settle for a final position close to the bottom.

Though on day 6 I picked Bushuyama who had a 0-5 record against Kokkai. And Toyohibiki who was clearly the underdog against Aran. Quite some risk which still didn't pay off.

Why should picking an underdog yield many points? Think again, lad.

This game isn't my cup of tea I'm afraid. Last three days, I had 2 winners a day, but most of them only scored 2 or 3 points as others don't seem to pick their opponents. Though on day 6 I picked Bushuyama who had a 0-5 record against Kokkai. And Toyohibiki who was clearly the underdog against Aran. Quite some risk which still didn't pay off. So I guess I'll just settle for a final position close to the bottom.

Hi Vika!

You are right. It's a good idea to pick underdogs, but such underdogs who can hope to win their bout.

But not every such underdog is a good solution, how shows your examples with Bushu against Kokkai and Hibiki against Aran.

Look at the vote tables "For" and "Against" on the entry site and you can see for and against whom the players voted until this day. And than hear on your feeling!

And how I see today you have well done with the same Hibiki (but against Homer, who is one of the most voted maegashira in the past, for and against) and 10-ku (against Sho-10-ro, who had to this day fighted against sanyaku and so he is new in our game). That Shimo not won, is no bad matter. It was a trial.

I think, you will not one of the most succesfull player, but not on the last places. And I think you'll learn to understand the game better and better.

Good luck!

Profo

And I think you'll learn to understand the game better and better.

I think I'll indeed learn to understand, but I'm most of all wondering whether I'll feel different about the game after the basho is over. It's too early to judge now, so I'll see in 8 more days.

Today the game was not gone correct.

First time how all games hosted on the sumogames server.

Later the other games did their work correct, but our game not in all things.

The daily and total records are not published.

I don't know the reason.

Kofuji has taken his kosho, because he was not sure to come all days into the net.

I think he knows to this time not the problems, but I hope next days he can solve them.

But the entry site seems to go right and so you all can vote.

Tomorrow we will see the if the table of picks will go correct, what I hope.

And for the results I have made a small Excel table to calculate daily and total results.

You can find this results on the daily result page of the game site in the comment under the tables of votes.

Let the game go on!

Profomisakari

Edited by Profomisakari

I have to go to the kokugikan... still since last night I can't get the server to send my picks! (In a state of confusion...)

For the record I've chosen Hokutoriki, Yoshikaze & Goeido

It is frustrating that it won't "send email"

The same procedure as yesterday.

To see the results look into the comment at the daily results site!

Profmisakari

And once more the same procedure as the last days.

You can find the daily and total results as last days ever in the comment subwindow on the daily result page of the game site.

And for tomorrow it is possible to vote.

Note: The server returns your picks not per email.

But if you leave the site and later come back and you see your votes correct in the table, you can be sure, the server knows your picks.

Good luck for the last day!!

Profo

Edited by Profomisakari