Sign in to follow this  
Washuyama

YDC Soken

This one is not open to the public.

So sneaking in wouldn't work? Bummer. :-)

You could always put on a suit, stick any kind of laminate badge around your neck and walk in with confidence. Works just about anywhere in the world. :-)

True.Or you could just walk in with your head up your arse and asume you are some sudo pompous wanker like Bono. That works as well.

You could always put on a suit, stick any kind of laminate badge around your neck and walk in with confidence. Works just about anywhere in the world.

Wouldn't work with the Sumo Press Club members -- they guard their status jealously.

Orion

Both Yokozuna were "inactive" at the soken today. Hakuhou had 11 bouts (10-1) while Asashouryuu had only 5 (3-2), and no bouts between them. Hakuhou took on Kotomitsuki and Kotooushuu, but became out of breath rather quickly. Asashouryuu was seen being pushed out easily by Harumafuji. The Ozeki camp was not doing much better. KaioU, Baruto and Aminishiki were absent.

"They look bored. .What's going on??", was heard uttered by certain YDC members . "Not good..", answered Asashouryuu when questioned about his knee's situation.

Asa-geiko - Osh-idashi:

spf0909041142002-p1.jpg

More soken - Hakuhou chose to call out Kasugaou (probably to congratulate him on his Japanese citizenship by flinging him around a bit..) and train with him some. He then fought Kotooushuu, Kotomitsuki and Harumafuji for 8 bouts, left the dohyo to Asa who had 5, then returned for three more with Chiyotaikai. His only loss was to Harumafuji. Kotooushuu and Kotomitsuki are planning on coming for degeiko to Miyagino, so he's not worried. "I'll be training at my own pace. I will be upping it from here on in anticipation of the basho", he said as he always says.

Asa had 5 bouts against Harumafuji and Kotooushuu. "I was planning on only doing some shiko , but then thought I can do about 2-3 bouts", he explained.

The YDC were very disappointed. Only 24 of 42 Makuuchi rikishi actually showed up. The quality of sumo left a lot to be desired, according to committee members. Additionally, Hakuhou started off the butsugari which notes the end of the session only ten minutes after the Ozeki started battling it out. "I really wanted to do more, but the order of things got really messed up..", complained Kotooushuu.

"Not enough bouts.. They were out of breath very quickly. I wish they'd get with it more seriously..", said Musashigawa Rijicho.

"They all have insufficient training so they were falling forward all the time, and were giving up quickly. No drive- they were behaving exactly like the LDP!!", said Ms. Uchidate, who was allowed to talk this time it seems.

Hangin' around:

spf0909041845005-p1.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

Here's a video news clip of the Soken focusing on Asashoryu's woes:

Yokozuna Asashoryu lacked flair during a training session...

Shows him getting pushed out by Harumafuji, and then winning one over Kotooshu.

Also what appears to be an overblown grimace by Ms. Uchidate at around 0:26.

I believe this site keeps the news clips up for only a couple of days so catch it while you can.

The kids called to the principal's office for misbehaving-Hak and Asa and riji and indignant YDC members:

spf0909050504000-p1.jpg

Ms. Uchidate-so angry her blood pressure went up, she said:

spf0909050504000-p3.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

"Asashouryuu has become white and podgy. Hakuhou was out of breath after 10 minutes. My blood pressure went up. As I am not that well, maybe I should resign from the YDC for health reasons!!f the kyokai continues to sit around cross-legged and do nothing about it, they will go the way of the LDP!! They will lose business! I was expecting the young guys and fresh faces to come out fighting like the opposition, but they didn't deliver. The rijicho has to show more leadership (she said 'leadership' in English). The kyokai is in need of someone like Ichiro Ozawa ", said a really annoyed Ms. Uchidate, who ranted for 10 minutes, more than the total time spent by Asashouryuu on the dohyo. "Yeah, that session was nothing to write home about..", said Asashouryuu. Regarding the reason there were no head to head Yokozuna bouts, Hakuhou explained: "I was waiting for him to call me by name. I surely would have accepted. He's the senpai, so I was waiting for him.."

The Ozeki results-Harumafuji was 6-7 and Kotooushuu 4-4. Chiyotaikai- 0-4 (!!), Kotomitsuki 0-3. 10-18 overall, quality bad, reason enough for Ms. U to lose it.

"You could have at least taken a shower before you came here and then worn your good suit.."

20090904-708864-1-L.jpg

Harumafuji: "Tee hee hee, I can see your balls!"

Hakuhou: "Grow up.."

Asashouryuu: "He never says that to me.."

20090904-708921-1-L.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

KaioU, Baruto and Aminishiki were absent.

Baruto started running a slight fever on the 3rd (okay John and Vicki, what did you do to him?), and with him having been one of the H1N1 victims last month, his shisho decided to take no chances.

Drunkard all day every day:

PN2009090401000755.-.-.CI0003.jpg

Edited by Asashosakari

True.Or you could just walk in with your head up your arse and asume you are some sudo pompous wanker like Bono. That works as well.

Sudo pompous? I think you'll find the spelling is "pseudo" buddy.

Actually if he did asume[sic] he was some "sudo pompous wanker" that would mean he just believed he was faking being a pompous wanker and in fact not one at all.

Either way what you wrote makes no sense, has no relevance to this thread and like all your posts on the forum so far a reply to one of mine.

Didn't I call you the next day like I promised or something or are you Ratpack (psycho Nick) in disguise?

Why the personal attack? I am here to read the posts and participate in the forum like any other respectable member. My views weren't directed at you. However you seemed to take offence and then assert some kind of unintelligible rant about a spelling mistake, a Ratpack and some guy Nick?