Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Hakuhou in Puroresu brawl

Yokozuna Hakuhou was caught up in a puroresu brawl at the KKan a few hours ago. No, no joke. He was ringside watching the All-Japan Tournament. During the third bout of the night, there was a 6 man tag-team match including Akebono. The fight spilled outside of the ring, and Hakuhou was seen delivering "two strong chops" to one guy. "I don't know the exact details, but it's not like he entered the ring and joined the fray. I don't think this will be a problem..", said Musashigawa rijicho when asked.

I hope there are pictures..

Edited by Kintamayama

My guess is that they were simply slaps to the chest, a normal thing in puroresu... I'd link to a time where two guys went on slapping each other for minutes on end in a test of strength, but I can't quite remember the match participants...

I've been a bit surprised that this whole thing didn't get any traction whatsoever since the original two or so press articles I saw. Musashigawa's comments notwithstanding, those articles' writers certainly seemed to think that at least some level of criticism was going to be forthcoming. But nothing, apparently not even now at the soken with the YDC present.

Of course, it didn't get any traction here either, although I was sure the Asashoryu fan contingent would jump at their chance to see Hakuho criticized for lack of dignity... Colour me nonplussed.

Edited by Asashosakari

i kinda like pro- "wrestling" so i wouldn't whine about either of them participating.

It's like the drug-scandal ... i cannot whine about something i am not innocent about. (Raging at computer...)

Of course, it didn't get any traction here either, although I was sure the Asashoryu fan contingent would jump at their chance to see Hakuho criticized for lack of dignity... Colour me nonplussed.

Wouldn't that be a bit "our guy hasn't done nothing wrong... but your guy did it too!"... Not that it is that unusual, but still... :-)

Edited by Yubiquitoyama

Wouldn't that be a bit "our guy hasn't done nothing wrong... but your guy did it too!"... Not that it is that unusual, but still... :-)

Yes, but with as much crap as Asashoryu gets over those things (sometimes justified, sometimes not) I certainly thought somebody would jump in to beat up Hakuho a bit. Maybe Hak's just too boring even in his mini-scandals, I dunno. (In jonokuchi...)

Edited by Asashosakari

I was just looking for possible video of the whole thing but all I found was one tiny picture; the slappee was being held by Akebono there according to one article:

p-bt-tp0-090831-0006.jpg

Meanwhile, AJPW received a protest from the Kyokai over Hakuho's unplanned involvement in the event and has formally apologized for it today.

"He was probably inadvertently drawn into it, but when in public, it's best he shouldn't be doing things that show no hinkaku", opined Tomozuna Oyakata yesterday, noting his displeasure. He had already complained to the wrestling organization about this.