Sign in to follow this  
Taizeniki

Adoptee Report

My adoptee, Kazafuzan, apparently is sadly suffering from a neck injury.... I hope he can remain in ozumo, but mostly I wish him a speedy recovery and life-long health inside or outside of sumo!

Another guy I've been really rooting for lately is Tosayutaka... at J1 this tourney, and a 9-6 showing, maybe Makuuchi is just over the hill...

See my sugnature. :-P Baaaad, baad, good, sad.

About Kazafuzan, Heya mate of my Saio - at least he is still there. Nishikido wrote that he went to dinner with him the other day to cheer him up.

That guy belongs into Sumo. (Neener, neener...) If he doesn't decide to quit himself, I believe he stays. :-S

Just my main adoptees from the lower divisions:

Hokazan - 4-3.

After every loss he sent me an excuse mail and was sorry to disappoint me :-P (First prize...) , I must get him out of this habit

Chiyoarashi - 5-2, this will bring him back to makushita (Neener, neener...)

Fujimoto - 1-6 (First prize...) . He was in good form he said, but ... Although from Onomatsu Beya he is one of Kotoshogiku's tsukibito and said he helps him mentally. He should have worked on his own mental constitution :-S. Anyway, we make a new start at Nagoya Basho!!!!

Ri is 4-3 this tourney... slowly recovering the ground he lost due to injury... not in Juryo promotion range yet but not too far off.

Bleeeaaaahhh!!!

A disaster for my two guys. Hitachigo (Sd26w) started out with an 0-4, and finished at 2-5. Homarefuji (Ms46e) never made it out of the starting block. He was kyujo for the whole basho - no idea what his problem is. July will be a better month.

What a difference a change in shikona can make! Following up his makushita yusho last basho, my adoptee Tokushinho (the former Shiratsuka) overcame a 1-2 start to get a huge kachikoshi win on senshuraku. As there are many kachikoshi and few makekoshi rikishi above him, I suspect he will only move up the banzuke slightly. Still, he is well positioned for the jump to the paid ranks with a strong performance in Nagoya. Go Shira ... er, Tokushinho!!

Edited by Danjinoumi

See my sugnature. :-) Baaaad, baad, good, sad.

About Kazafuzan, Heya mate of my Saio - at least he is still there. Nishikido wrote that he went to dinner with him the other day to cheer him up.

That guy belongs into Sumo. :-) If he doesn't decide to quit himself, I believe he stays. :-)

Thanks for the promising update on Tiger... hope and pray he does stay and recovers soon!

Ok, short summary:

(Mickey...) :

Ms10 Fujiazuma 4-3 (moving closer to Juryo)

Jd22 Akinokawa 4-3

Jd53 Akinoyama 4-3 (both fighting for a Sandanme debut in September)

(Laughing...) :

Ms17 Minami 2-5 ( I fear he might become one of the persistent Makushita guys; hope he's going to prove me wrong)

Jd36 Kinunonami 2-5

Jd41 Kainomiya 1-6

Jd52 Takanomiya 3-4 ( the goal must be a KK in Nagoya (Sign of disapproval...) )

Takanoyama had a good 5-2 at Ms20 (from memory)

Mizuguchi went down 3-4 at Ms39 (memory0

Hidenofuji has dropped to sandanme but had 6-1, losing in what was the final on Day 13 against Seiro.

Lessee...my emancipated adoptee Koryu started with with four wins but still had to drag himself across the finish line, only reaching KK on Day 14. He's probably due for a decent jump though (to about J2e) so Nagoya will offer a good chance to get back to makuuchi again. Still holding out hope that he can become a steady first-division guy and not follow the Kinkaiyama career path.

Kyokutaisei had his first 5-2 in a year and ought to be at his highest rank next basho. Time to start making a push for sandanme! He turns 20 in half a year so he's already at risk of losing any prospect shine he has.

And Daiseishin continues to out-Morikawa Morikawa, nothing new on that front. 2-5 this time.

See my sig. 5-2 for both my guys, and other than the 0-0-7, Daiseiho is doing well with 5-2, 5-2, and 6-1 results wrapped around that absence. Takanoyama should be near his career high again. I'm guessing ms10-12 for Takanoyama, and jd6-8 for Daiseiho

My adoptee Kinryuzan retired.

I hope he will get over his injuries and will enjoy his post-sumo life.