Sign in to follow this  
Kaikitsune Makoto

Day 3 comments

Tosayutaka took Wakakoyu's tsuppari well, maintained tension, close in and beat him in convincing way. Nothing much wrong in Tosayutaka's sumo so far with 3-0 and solid.

Masatsukasa simply outskilled Shotenro.

Kokkai and Kimurayama had an odd bout where both did a push/jerk and then retreated again. Kokkai did this more as this is Kokkai's world and eventually pushed Kimurayama out. Not the most ordinary bout...

Hokutoriki found his own sumo and kept pressure on Tochinoshin's neck with strong extending thrusts, Tochinoshin almost got hold of Hoku but Hoku placed his hand on Tochi's shoulder with extended arm, exerted more pressure and then pulled him down. Good Hokutoriki style sumo. Tochinoshin suffered his first loss.

Kakizoe did a matta again and in the bout did an awkward high tachi-ai with limited sense, Sakke hugged and pulled Kakizoe down. Sakke has started with a nice 3-0 with some sticky and fast sumo.

Toyohibiki had perfect tachi-ai yesterday and follow-up against Shimotori but today his pushing was off. Good tachi-ai but neither hand found its place on Bushuyama's estrogen rich torso and power went 80% to ugly big birds whose name I don't remember and 20% to Bushuyama's female-breasts-male pecs-chest and armpits. Must have felt frustrating. Bushuyama easily handled that 20% of Toyohibiki's pushing power and just yanked him down with good tsukiotoshi.

Dejima got morozashi and doesn't really lose from that position at least to Shimotori.

YMY vs Miyabiyama was the first exciting first time meeting today. Migiyotsu grasping at the tachi-ai and then Miya tried to press YMY down, YMY circled in big baby steps and managed to stay more or less face to face with Miya, then did his massive pushes and Miya went out. Pretty nice footwork by YMY although heavy steps in the circling phase. Cool 1st time meeting too.

Energetic attack from Iwakiyama with tsuppari. Futeno's defended with poker face, got morozashi. Iwa then tried two-handed "I will detach your head" push while being hugged by Futeno. That failed and hidariyotsu stance for Futeno was the result. Some nnngh action where Futeno showed some horse power and took Iwakiyama out. Best bout fron Futeno so far. Good bout in every way too.

Chiyohakuho has had tremendously good sumo on days 1 and 2 and gave street aggression pushes to Yoshikaze yesterday. Today his sumo was gone and Tenku caught him and yorikiried without much sweat.

Tamawashi showed off his yotsu power yesterday beating YMY and today he beat genki Shogun with perfect fencing with arms after good low and angle-optimized tachi-ai. He has power and skill to place the thrusts and pushes. Possibly the best bout of his makuuchi career (since genki Shogun is one of the strongest foes he has faced and the dominance of the bout with his own sumo). Tamawashi has tools and who still claim his yotsuzumo is not good are all fools.

Asasekiryu pushed out Yoshikaze and gave a look.

Kisenosato was faster out of the blocks and didn't give much room for Aran to pull. One-sided win. Kisenosato has been strong. Still opens up and looks vulnerable so soon probably a horrible morozashi loss where birds laugh and Takasago oyakata's glucose level goes up due to stress related hormone release.

Nada and Toyonoshima had a sort of an aiyotsu where Nada prevailed. Toyonoshima was staggering again in weird stances..

Kakuryu went for morozashi against Baruto was his right hand was tangled somewhere and Baruto's twisted him out with power. Kakuryu has been lacklustre or/and helpless on 2 days now after screwing up the bout on shonichi. Yesterday was squeezed to ai ai ai-zone by U and today didin't get any real sumo going on against Baruto.

Harumafuji's pushes are so good and aimed from such a good angle. He did that against Tamanoshima and then dived into morozashi/inside+mae grip and pushed Tama out. Great stuff.

Kotooshu attacked from below against Takekaze and looked tactically and technically smart.

O3 killed Taikai's pushes, closed in and walked him out. First win as komusubi. His goal before the basho was double digit wins which is much nicer than that "kachi koshi..."

Kotomitsuki had beautiful tachi-ai taking Tenho back and getting morozashi. Yet he managed to lose when Tenho twisted. Ozeki should never lose this way. Utter failure. Two bad losses like that but he does generate from his muscles well.

Goeido does real thinking man's sumo. Slight approach from hitting with right shoulder which diables U from getting into hidariyotsu, then keeping the package tight and not giving U any opening. When U tried to grab Goeido's arm, he just lunged forward bumping U out. 3-0 and all wins against ozeki.

Aminishiki's tachi-ai was silent and sharp, Beat Shoryu totally in that, Shoryu went for tsukiotoshi or katasukashi and Ami used that more to get even more momentum and just bounced Shoryu out. Very good sumo.

Homasho had good footwork and was going forward too when Hakuho pulled and stayed on the edge while Homasho went flat on his face and off the dohyo. I hope Homasho doesn't have any bigger problem with his left elbow with the wrapping and all. If there is an injury, the landing today didn't give any positive sensations to that I bet.

Some good sumo today and refreshing first time meetings.

I really appreciate your comments and I like reading them, but honestly some of the nicknames that you give to the rikishi really confuse me. If I hadn't watched the bouts yesterday I would have no idea who you were talking about sometimes.

I think all nicknames used by Kaikitsune are commonly used by many members on this forum.

And I enjoy your comments too. Thanks for them and waiting for more (In a state of confusion...)

I'll add my voice to the chorus. Your comments are very much appreciated.

I don't often get a chance to view the matches so I follow the tournaments by reviewing the results and reading what is written about them. The extra colour you provide adds a lot to my experience. I encourage you to post your thoughts as regularly as you like.

I'll add my voice to the chorus. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Me too.

I think all nicknames used by Kaikitsune are commonly used by many members on this forum.

And I enjoy your comments too. Thanks for them and waiting for more (Another year older...)

Well I'm somewhat new here and so I don't know all of them, sorry. It's hard enough for newcomers to learn all the names of the rikishi but I don't want to have to learn a bunch of nicknames that no one else uses as well.

Anyway, I shouldn't be complaining. Like I said, I enjoy reading the comments anyway.

Easily the most precise and concise summary of the day's events found anywhere.