Sign in to follow this  
sekihiryu

Asashouryu - marriage on the rocks?

fall-out-rumored-between-yokozuna-asashoryu-and-wife

shukan post (take it with a big grain of salt) is reporting Asashoryus wife has fallen out. Very vague and typical of the crap pumped out by the Post - but nonetheless I guess they are doing a quite a number on hussling their "nemesis" and getting people talking.

I wish Asa and his family all the best in all aspects of their lives.

Definately Asa is one of the greatest Rikishis ever (Clapping wildly...) . When I read these gossips somehow I have started to think about him like Matti Nyk

The following was posted today on the SML, can't vouchsafe for it's accuracy has anyone else here heard this info?

This from today's edition of Japan Today.

Emmett

Torideyama

Fall-out rumored between Yokozuna Asashoryu and wife

TOKYO

Similar reports have been circulating in Mongolian tabloids for quite a while now about Asashoryu's marriage. Last year's mental breakdown during his suspension was actually due to his marriage dissaray, not the punishment, the tabloids say.

On the other hand, these Mongolian tabloids are no more credible than their Japanese counterparts. Nothing official has been declared so far.

On a related topic, what is true and public is the fact that former Kyukushuzan is now officially living with his second wife. He was married with a Mongolian woman through his Sumo career and ended that marriage as soon as he retired from sumo. He also bought a large house for his ex-wife as part of the divorce deal.

Jonosuke was also hinting at the existence of those rumours all the way back in September (and perhaps earlier, but that's the only one I can find right now).

Jonosuke was also hinting at the existence of those rumours all the way back in September (and perhaps earlier, but that's the only one I can find right now).

I was actually very much relieved by Babaryutaikai's assertions that Asa's family was intact, and was grateful to Babaryutaikai's stance. Not many people dare to talk bad things about such a big celebrity in Mongolia. Nevertheless, quite a few tabloids have rumored about his affairs with a Mongolian woman living in USA, or some sort of discord in his marriage.

My gut feeling, however, is that his less than stellar performances lately are obviously caused by his mental status. Otherwise, he is just reaching the peak period of his physical shape (comparing to typical Mongolian wrestlers' physicals), and he just got what he wants the most, a rival. Well, only time will tell.

I wish the best to him and his family.

BTW when it says he wants to start a business in America, does that likely mean New York? That would be kinda awesome since I'm from New York and I'm going back there in August. Think I would be able to "randomly bump into" him?

Also, what of his political aspirations in Mongolia?

Bad boy sumo champ fuels retirement speculation

Controversial sumo grand champion Asashoryu has triggered speculation he is close to quitting the ancient heavyweight sport with a series of cryptic comments to Japanese journalists.

The volatile Mongolian first raised eyebrows when he uttered a few words to the media scrum as he marched off to take a bath following a training session for this month's Tokyo tournament.

"Do you fancy coming for a drink?" Asashoryu was quoted as saying in Tuesday's Nikkan Sports. "Because this could be my last appearance in Tokyo."

The 28-year-old made some equally baffling comments later on Monday when he took part in a hot-air balloon trip.

"I will do my best to come back next year," Asashoryu said after joining 60,000 enthusiasts at a balloon festival in Nagano...

Read the rest of the Yahoo! News story.

Definately Asa is one of the greatest Rikishis ever (Showing respect...) . When I read these gossips somehow I have started to think about him like Matti Nyk
Edited by Mockingbird

Definately Asa is one of the greatest Rikishis ever (In a state of confusion...) . When I read these gossips somehow I have started to think about him like Matti Nyk

I definately hope that Asa will have a nice quiet oyakata and businessman life after he retires.

Gee, I hope not. President of Mongolia would be much cooler.

Similar reports have been circulating in Mongolian tabloids for quite a while now about Asashoryu's marriage. Last year's mental breakdown during his suspension was actually due to his marriage dissaray, not the punishment, the tabloids say.

On the other hand, these Mongolian tabloids are no more credible than their Japanese counterparts. Nothing official has been declared so far.

On a related topic, what is true and public is the fact that former Kyukushuzan is now officially living with his second wife. He was married with a Mongolian woman through his Sumo career and ended that marriage as soon as he retired from sumo. He also bought a large house for his ex-wife as part of the divorce deal.

Lately Mongolian tabloids are saying that Asa