Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kotoku

mignulikz? Okay... go it!

6 posts in this topic

I found this:

The forum was hit by a personal message spammer today. If you received a PM from a member called mignulikz (or a PM notification), you may safely disregard it. The messages have been deleted and the culprit has been banned. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Edited by Kotoku

Interesting... I had the same message as well, that I had a message from mignulikz, but then didn't have a message when I logged in.

Sounds like a but in the forum software.

At least he/she brought people into the forum yesterday night, who havn't been there for years - or didn't log in for years ;-).

Funny thing... I received a message from mignulikz in another forum :) The forum mentioned uses the same engine as Sumo Forum.

The messages originated from a well known Russian/German company. They have a spam-bot-net, which has been spamming forums with this kinds of stuff for at least six months.

There are certain measures that could be taken to make sure that this does not happen again, but I'm hesitant to go that far because so far these attacks have been one-offs and the solution would inconvenience legitimate users. And I just received word that Invision is working on a PM flood control system, which should mitigate the problem.