Sign in to follow this  
Jejima

Ozeki Back-Scratchers' Club

Well, one indicator would be the number of pole positions for Goeido in Sumo Game today. ;-)

If you're going to tank a match, at least make it look good. Thoroughly expected but still embarrassing.

Edited by ryafuji

If you're going to tank a match, at least make it look good. Thoroughly expected but still embarrassing.

Did not look tanked to me. Gōeidō just won.

Well, one indicator would be the number of pole positions for Goeido in Sumo Game today. ;-)

This is the one problem I have with things like the OBSC or other issues with rikishi not giving it their all. I really don't want to have to think about who is more motivated to win and would rather just base everything on historical results. While I definitely picked Goeido over Kotoshogiku for Toto, I don't think I had him as a winner anywhere where I got to pick the matches to speculate on because my historical method didn't assign a particularly high probability to him winning. I was very hesitant to say what the probability of him winning was when all I think was "Of course he isn't going to lose" and couldn't really quantify it.

Well, I guess that's just something like what I decided to not deal with in GKA; if I don't like having to make those kind of considerations, I can just not play.\

As for Sumo Game, the stats say only 71% of folks even had Goeido. More people had Takarafuji (and Hakuho).

Edited by Gurowake

Thoughts on Goeido vs. Kotoshogiku (Nagoya 2015)?

Goeido will try and win as he is by no means safe from becoming kadoban himself. I don't see any back-scratching today.

But Kotoshogiku can definitely win it. He tends to look awful because his aite evades him...but as we all know, if he gets his grip, he can beat anyone.