Sign in to follow this  
Jejima

Ozeki Back-Scratchers' Club

So I guess that makes their bout one to truly stay away from. Well, one thing's for sure, if little old Ama wins tomorrow, I can already see Kotooshu tottaried for the ohmygodwhatanupset win. And, of course, the mandatory hatakikomi vs. Aminihiki is a given.

So I guess that makes their bout one to truly stay away from. Well, one thing's for sure, if little old Ama wins tomorrow, I can already see Kotooshu tottaried for the ohmygodwhatanupset win. And, of course, the mandatory hatakikomi vs. Aminihiki is a given.

Hmm, wasn't the goal of the OBSC ensuring kachi-koshi? Then Kaio actually can lose to both ozeki as he has two other bouts left. So this shouldn't be a valid bout by strict rules. Who cares if Kaio stays at 999 wins at the end of the basho... this would bring quite a few extra attention in the build-up for Nagoya. It'd be different if Kaio wants to get 1000 here and now and retire, but I doubt that. There still is the magic number of 1046 career wins left...

I don't think Harumafuji is a member of the OBSC - or has ever been a member.

I am, however, wondering if Chiyotaikai has passed on his membership to Baruto...

I am, however, wondering if Chiyotaikai has passed on his membership to Baruto...

That might account for the loss to Kotooshu, which I didn't get to see, but not his loss to Harumafuji, since you say he's not a member, and he did, after all, beat Kaio. But not really, because he was conceivably still in the running for the yusho when he lost to Kotooshu.

I really hope Baruto isn't turning into another Osh, (albeit a more pleasant, personable one) who lets his brain get in the way far too often. He looked scared to go after Harumafuji too strongly. I wonder if he needs to hurt his thumb again to fight like he did last time.

Edited by Kuroyama

Funny - I had just added a similar comment in the other forum...

Now that Baruto has joined the Ozeki ranks, and appears to be no threat to become a Yok anytime soon, he'll become a charter member of the New Order of Ozeki Backscratchers (N.O.O.B.).

The OBSC is dead! Long live the NOOB!

he'll become a charter member of the New Order of Ozeki Backscratchers (N.O.O.B.).

Or maybe the founder and only member of the Baltic Order of Ozeki Backscratchers (B.O.O.B.)

Maybe Kaisei will be a big supporter... (He's from Brazil.... Pronounced Bru-zeer in Engrish...) (Shaking head...)

Edited by Washuyama

OK, I guess this thread can go back into dormancy. At least until day 14 or 15, when Kaio meets Kotooshu.

Harumafuji - (Laughing...) ;-) :-P

Kaio - (Yucky...) (Beaten...) (Spooky TV program...)

Seriously, today's performance by the Ozeki was pathetic. They should hire some professionals from puroresu.

Harumafuji - (In a state of confusion...) (Sign of disapproval...) (Sign of disapproval...)

Kaio - (Yucky...) (Beaten...) (Spooky TV program...)

Seriously, today's performance by the Ozeki was pathetic. They should hire some professionals from puroresu.

I disagree... I thought the puroresu performances were worthy of at least nominations for Best Acting by Scantily Dressed Fat Men in a Supporting Role.

HF played the fool perfectly for Mitsuki... even the rare early start - great bout, and predictable result...

Honourary Member of the NOOB (New Order of Ozeki Backscratchers) Aminishiki danced well, and even waited on the lip for that extra little push by Kaio....

Another Honourary Member, Kita, (completely out of his league anyway) ceded to Baruto...

And The Stork coulda had the Yok at least twice, but the Golden Mawashi prevailed as required.

All went according to plan. Everyone (or at least the Ozeki group) goes home KK and happy, with a day to go. I wish I could have found a good bookie before the bouts... would have made a fortune!

I wish I could have found a good bookie before the bouts... would have made a fortune!

I don't think you'd win very much by successfully predicting foregone conclusions.

I wish I could have found a good bookie before the bouts... would have made a fortune!

I don't think you'd win very much by successfully predicting foregone conclusions.

I believe the term used in this case is: "humour".

I believe the term used in this case is: "humour".

Well, this second post much moreso than the first one...

1000 kachi for Kaio. How much has that cost him, I wonder?

quoting jakusotsu in the german chat:

"it's an honour to lose to kaio" (tranlated from german)

Kotooshu put up a much better fight against Hakuho yesterday. I guess he wanted the honour of losing to Kaio.

Sumo is a weird sport. It is honour to take a dive ?! If it is, I cant understand this kind of " honour". I guess we have current rules to blame in it : once ozekis reach their KK( and they are out of yusho race), they dont give a shit what happens next. They should change the rules and put the ozekis who score less than 10 wins, into kadoban.To get out of kadoban, he should score 10 or more in next basho.Perhaps we`ll get some real competition between ozekis then if they know simple 8 or 9 wins are not enough to avoid kadoban.

I didn't see the Kaio vs Baruto bout, but was wondering whether this thread needs reviving or not....

I didn't see the Kaio vs Baruto bout, but was wondering whether this thread needs reviving or not....

No.

Edited by Kintamayama

No.

Baruto fanclub has a little doubt about it (why tsuppari instead of belt fight), but no clear evidence as you can see.

No.

Baruto fanclub has a little doubt about it (why tsuppari instead of belt fight), but no clear evidence as you can see.

Tsuppari is a usual style nowadays to begin the bout for Baruto, so I'm not even surprised about that.

No.

Tsuppari is a usual style nowadays to begin the bout for Baruto, so I'm not even surprised about that.

i am not surprised about tsuppari, but am not surprised about the outcome either (see my sekitotopick)...

for me it was clear backscratching.....

kaio having troubles to follow baruto on his way out....

i am a little more suprised that this thread comes up again and again.....as if there were doubts about the scratching....

i am not surprised about tsuppari, but am not surprised about the outcome either (see my sekitotopick)...

i am a little more suprised that this thread comes up again and again.....as if there were doubts about the scratching....

Please enlighten me, what will be the result of Kaio-Kotooshu tomorrow?

is this an attempt to be funny?

is this an attempt to be funny?

Well, it might be obvious to the point of being funny for you, but I am really not seeing the light...

Looked legit to me. If it was fixed, a much better performance from Bart than his laughable dive against Chiyotaikai a while back.

Huge win for Kaio anyway. He just might be able to pull it off now. He can afford to lose to Hakuho, Harumafuji and Kotooshu and still get his eight.