Sign in to follow this  
sekihiryu

Sadogatake beya Keiko report - March 11

Popped into the "tin shed" in Matsubara city Osaka this morning on my way to the city, screwed up the trains ( took a line I seldom use - minami osaka line ) so was about 20-30mins or so later than I had intended.

Arrived at about 9:45 to fing the big boys at it namely Chiyotaikai who was out and about for some degeiko and Kotomitsuki along with Kotoshogiku. Osh was M.I.A no idea where he was.

Mickey was in good form holding the ring for quite some time, with powerful yotsu sumo, he looked confident, mobile and in good shape.

Of the bouts I saw (not sure how many had already taken place when I arrived) Mickey sweeped Shogi 8-0 and was 7-4 against Taikai.

Taikai was 5-0 against Shogi.

Chiyotaikai looked really good at times, he was moving forward very well and didnt seem too troubled with his elbow - no strapping at all. He beat Shogi with some strong oshi and even blew him back with one very convincing what looked to be yotsu sumo, had to wipe my eyes to make sure, but that is what it looked like.

He was feeling so good he dropped down right in front of me and did push ups. I found my usual spot by the window, right behind the Oyakata who likes the window seat ( and hence many of my earlier photos have his shoulder in the shot) Taikai and Sadogatake oyakata were very chatty and seemed to have a good relationship.

Shogi was winless and looked pretty weak, he had no steam and anytime he got chest to chest with Mickey, Mickey moved him back with ease and dumped him, plenty of yorikiri, one okuridashi and one very nice beltless arm throw that sent Shogi flying.

Taikai beat Shogi with mostly oshi and that one yorikiri. He looke very strong in these bouts - Mickey troubled he a lot more.

Mickey was using mostly yorikiri, but also other techniques like tsukidashi and okuridashi.

The others like Kotokasuga got some ring time but to be honest I wasnt focussing on them at all!

Towards the end, the oyakata got up for a walk so I could the sneak the lens of my camera through the slighlty open window and get some photos and video. I will put them up later. At work now and about ot head to the gradution ceremony for the students.

Mickey sweeped Shogi 8-0

Taikai was 5-0 against Shogi.

He beat Shogi with some strong oshi and even blew him back with one very convincing what looked to be yotsu sumo, had to wipe my eyes to make sure, but that is what it looked like.

Shogi was winless and looked pretty weak, he had no steam and anytime he got chest to chest with Mickey, Mickey moved him back with ease and dumped him, plenty of yorikiri, one okuridashi and one very nice beltless arm throw that sent Shogi flying.

Taikai beat Shogi with mostly oshi and that one yorikiri.

I understand he has a bad back - perhaps a reason behond such a pitiful showing?

Thanks for the excellent report. That is how keiko report should be! Kotoshogiku may have lower back problems but his main problems are that he never beats "anyone" at keiko. He is the worst keiko rikishi in makuuchi relative to his honbasho strength. Ok, maybe competes with Sakke in that but in a different way though.

Your pictures are great, the lighting must be so much better than in Chiba! (Shaking head...)

The color looks good! Though I think temporary places have better light I guess.. In Iruma we have a week training camp for Kasugano beya every year and they train outside and in a tin shed when it rains and I can always get great photos with true color whereas at Kasugano beya it is hard to get that good color! :)

Thanks again for the report and for the pictures!!!

brillant keiko pics and thanks for Sadogatake Oyakata (Shaking head...)

p1030239.jpg

Taikai: "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. Demille..."

Geeku: "Is he kidding?"

Edited by Washuyama

Thank you. :-)

Any chance that you or anyone here visits Nishikido or Hanakago? Would love to know how my boys are doing. (Shaking head...)

Perhaps a but sleepy this morning, cause I didn't see it until now, the pics are for Nakanokuni fans too (Shaking head...) .

:-) Very nice pics!!! Thanks for sharing them with us (Shaking head...)

I love the pics of Chiyotaikai! He looks great! (In love...)

Taikai and Sadogatake oyakata were very chatty and seemed to have a good relationship.

After meeting the oyakata very briefly in LV 3 years ago, I can't imagine anyone having a bad relationship with him. He was the most patient and accessible celeb I think I've ever seen. (Shaking head...)

Great pictures!! (Kewl pics!) I never liked Chiyotaikai that much, but he can sure grow on ya! (In a state of confusion...)