Sign in to follow this  
Doyobi

Financial crisis hits Japan

Following the financial crisis on Wall Street uncertainty has now hit the banking sector in Japan.

In the last seven days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches.

Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

While Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.

A spokesman for Haiku Holdings was lost for words over the financial crisis, while according to rumours Nippon Bank was starting to feel the pinch.

Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared staff may get a raw deal.

Meanwhile Geisha Bank has bowed to the inevitable and shut.

One trader lamented: "It's all gone to Shiitake."

;-) What about YYB ( Yokozuna Yaocho investment bank ) on Hokkaido? (Sign of approval...)

Following the financial crisis on Wall Street uncertainty has now hit the banking sector in Japan.

In the last seven days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches.

Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

While Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.

A spokesman for Haiku Holdings was lost for words over the financial crisis, while according to rumours Nippon Bank was starting to feel the pinch.

Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared staff may get a raw deal.

Meanwhile Geisha Bank has bowed to the inevitable and shut.

One trader lamented: "It's all gone to Shiitake."

Love it love it love it!

ONLY in Japan can you get away with such PUN-ishment!

Fortunately I keep my savings in bulletproof Yakuza Bank, but I feel a little bit desparate and lonely after Geisha Bank knelt down.

etc., etc....

Ah, so this rapidly-aging goodie has finally made it to the Sumo Forum. Weclome, old friend! Nice to know that some of our members read other lists too.

Orion

I'm in a job where the recession doesnt touch me,in fact business has never been better(I'm a window cleaner by the way not an undertaker or a debt collecter)

And I dont have a bank account so that doesn't bother me either.

And I dont have a bank account so that doesn't bother me either.

No bank account? Wow! That's a rarity nowadays! So, your only enemy is inflation... (Neener, neener...)

The Wall Street debable didn't just occur overnight, it was essentially a snowball of greed(started in 1913) that rolled down a mountian, gaining in size and speed and then plowed into the people at the bottom of the hill. Everyone since 1913 inculding Clinton could have stopped it or slowed it down but instead pushed the snowball to make it go that much faster. The part that Bush is responsible for is that because of the war in Iraq, the US had to transfer a portion of it's wealth to other Countries to pay for the war. Now there is not enough money to stop the people hit by the snowball from hemoraging.

The Wall Street debable didn't just occur overnight, it was essentially a snowball of greed(started in 1913) .......

I thought only US liberal arts freshmen talked like that. B-)

No bank account? Wow! That's a rarity nowadays! So, your only enemy is inflation... B-)

I'm not just a rarity I'm an anomaly.....

I dont have a mobile phone either(Or a home phone)

I dont have anything against technology I just hate telephones,I wouldn't use it if I had one.

Edited by Fujisan