Sign in to follow this  
Manekineko

Some more pictures

Onnagumo    1
Still wondering why Tosa looks so radiant in that pic...

Because he doesn't have to carry Konishiki around :-)

Manekineko    190

What? This thread still isn't locked? Well, in that case...

I've run out of special themes (that is, of pictures tied by a common subject to merit that name). So, here are some random images.

Kotonishiki (Heart) and Tosanoumi all decked out and ready for a jungyo dohyo-iri

Jungyo1.jpg

Kokkai getting his mage-do and focusing on the day's matches

Kokkai.jpg

Miyabiyama in his youth already showing interest for sumo

Miya.jpg

Shikishima and his nostrils - wide enough to fit in a 100 yen coin, apparently

nostrils.jpg

Musashimaru reclining on Takatoriki... and here I though Takatoriki had a thing about foreign wrestlers :-/

Poza.jpg

Takamisakari doing his thing. Next to his taped knee you can see Miya wandering why the audience adors it so...

Robo.jpg

Edited by Manekineko

Sasanishiki    5
Takamisakari doing his thing. Next to his taped knee you can see Miya wandering why the audience adors it so...

Robo.jpg

Cha-cha 1-2-3, cha-cha 1-2-3. Remember the footwork! Don't let her lead!

Manekineko    190

Random images continued!

Shin-juryo Roho posing in front of Odake-beya, Taiho-dojo, looking as psycho as ever

Roho_BW.jpg

Sentoryu in shindeshi days, showing off his muscly arms, and accompanied by oyakata Takashima (current Tomozuna oyakata, ex-sekiwake Kaiki)

Sentoryu_shindeshi.jpg

Takamisakari trying to read a magazine without his glasses

squint.jpg

Kyokushuzan, Daishi and Akebono enjoying some sun after their bath

Sunce.jpg

White keiko mawashi drying (so, they *do* wash the things), the one closest to us apparently belongs to Toki (notice the difference in length!)

susenje.jpg

Tamakasuga getting his mage-do and smiling beatifically at camera

Tamakasuga.jpg

Takanorappa    26
Shin-juryo Roho posing in front of Odake-beya, Taiho-dojo, looking as psycho as ever

Roho_BW.jpg

I've always suspected that the various heya employed "Bandage Gnomes".

Now we have proof.(Applauding...)

Fujisan    131
Jungyo1.jpg

Now I see why Tosanoumi looks so happy in this picture---

Hes obviously found someone a little more managable to carry around and in one hand no less.

Manekineko    190

Been doing some Web-space cleaning, and in a neglected folder tripped over the picture that started it all... To recall the image that forefatheredthis entire thread, just click here. :-)

Fujisan    131

And there I am making silly comments as ever (In a state of confusion...)

The more things change,the more they stay the same--Right?

Edit-Only three days after I joined the forum aswell.

Edited by Fujisan

Jonosuke    15
Takamisakari trying to read a magazine without his glasses

squint.jpg

But this is Shukan Post he is reading ...

"Hmmm ....how did they know out about my steroid rage ???? But it's not 'Roid, it's Apple Cider from Aomori..."

Edited by Jonosuke

Taizeniki    0

_39878243_sumo_facepack_ap300.jpg

a little beauty treatment for tochiazuma (those chest hairs are unmistakable (Applauding...) ).... and who?

Otokonoyama    531
a little beauty treatment for tochiazuma (those chest hairs are unmistakable (Hugging...) ).... and who?

A repeat this, isn't it (Applauding...)

Taizeniki    0

sorry if it is.... thought I had looked through all... but so many now on this thread.... (Hugging...)

Otokonoyama    531

sorry if it is.... thought I had looked through all... but so many now on this thread.... :-/

Just a sense of deja vu...most of the pics I see are on SumoForum. Maybe in another topic on the forum somewhere... (Hugging...)

Manekineko    190

And a final batch of random images... I've run out of images to post right now, so now it's up to the rest of you to keep this picture-heavy thread from sinking into oblivion... or I could just pin it and keep it afloat forever! :-D

Tamanoi-oyakata posing with fans. Notice a manekineko in the bacground. :-)

Tamanoi&me.jpg

Tamarikido!

Tamarikido.jpg

Tatsunami-oyakata (moto-Asahiyutaka) welcoming once star-yokozuna Futahaguro as a consultant and trainer in his heya

Tatsunami&Kitao.jpg

ID of smiling Tatsunami (presumably) rikishi would be a plus...

What more proof do you need of connection between sumo and yakuza than these street thugs of rikishi? :-)

Thugs.jpg

Minatofuji, Asanowaka, Yotsukasa (looking less-than-thuggy) and Hamanoshima

Kitazakura resplendent in purple, walking in the rain

umbrella.jpg

Akinoshima twirling two amused-looking kids as Kaio looks on

vrtuljak2.jpg

Guest Tenryu   
Guest Tenryu
(KaioU and his bride (bet she's easier to lift than Shuzan... and prettier, too)

Kaio&bride.jpg

Ah, so that's what Mitsuko Nishiwaki looks like today! Thanks a lot for that picture. I had been looking for a recent one of her. Anymore of her to be found?

I'm a big fan of pro-wrestling, especially of women's wrestling, and Mitsuko used to wrestle for All Japan Women Pro Wrestling from 1985 to 1990. She was one of the first of AJW's legendary 1985 class (which included Akira Hokuto & Yumiko Hotta) to get a push and they tried to build her into something big in 1989 letting her win their annual singles tournament and also their annual tag team tournament when teaming with Madusa Miceli (Madusa in WCW, Alundra Blaze in WWF/WWE between 1993-95 and now a monster truck driver of the car Madusa). Something unknown happend when 1990 started and she soon gone and never seen again. She also got to hold their main tag team titles twice before leaving.

Sasanishiki    5

Yes, I thought it looked familiar. Wasn't it placed alittle higher, more like an altar on Friday? Perhaps it has moved up the banzuke of importance at the heya since this picture. Almost didn't recognise ?Tamanoi without his stick cum golf club. Still has that ready for golf look though. Perhaps a later tee time.

Coo-cook    0

Bold.jpg

Soukakurai (left) - the sumotori from Inner Mongolian Autonomious Region of China in his traditional wrestling gear participating in Inner Mongolian student

celebration in Tokyo. The Southern Mongolians (Inner Mongolians) do the same kind of Mongolian wrestling as we do. But their costume differs from ours.

Soukakurai (his Mongolian name is Enhtuvshin) was placed second in this competition in Tokyo. The guy (on the right) who won the competition is Hosbayar (a Southern Mongolian) an all Chinese judo champion.

Jonosuke    15
Bold.jpg

Soukakurai (left) - the sumotori from Inner Mongolian Autonomious Region of China in his traditional wrestling  gear participating in Inner Mongolian student

celebration in Tokyo.

The attire design looks very similar to what North American Native Indians wear for their "war" dance, I seem to recall Iroquois do have very similar. Very colorful and interesting.

Soukakurai is a good looking kid, too, and I am sure he will gain more weight as he matures.

Edited by Jonosuke

Guest anaqern   
Guest anaqern

anybody has kisenosato pictures?? (Shaking head...)

Jakusotsu    1,533
AKEBONO

akebonopull.jpg

Please tell me that's a fake! Please... (Applauding...)

Guest anaqern   
Guest anaqern

thanks for kisenosato pics. is akebono for real?????

Fujisan    131
AKEBONO

akebonopull.jpg

"Except winning in K1 anyway!"

Amanogawa    37
Soukakurai (left) - the sumotori from Inner Mongolian Autonomious Region of China in his traditional wrestling gear participating in Inner Mongolian student

celebration in Tokyo. The Southern Mongolians (Inner Mongolians) do the same kind of Mongolian wrestling as we do. But their costume differs from ours.

Soukakurai (his Mongolian name is Enhtuvshin) was placed second in this competition in Tokyo. The guy (on the right) who won the competition is Hosbayar (a Southern Mongolian) an all Chinese judo champion.

So is this you Coo-cook standing in between? (Hugging...)