Sign in to follow this  
Manekineko

Some more pictures

My animal (a rat) is called "KAIHO"....what will you tell me about this? ;-)

Edited by ilovesumo

Poor horse!! (Applauding...)

could be worse! could be Konishiki!

(Bleh!)

Poor horse!!  :-S

could be worse! could be Konishiki!

(Bleh!)

Could be Konishiki holding Asashoryu. (Applauding...)

Guest parutza

some pictures with Takamisakari plzzzzzzz

there are a few in these pages...... browse a bit and see what you can find...

i forgot .....

welcome aboard.

A lot of new members lately.......(including myself.... :-) _

Hagiwara-Osh from Jungyo:

Edited by Kintamayama

Time to resurface this good ol' thread (uh-oh, breaking Forum posting guidance, I sure hope mods are good to me... :-P )

Hamanoshima retired this basho. For all those of you who didn't know him, here are few photos of him. If he stays on as oyakata, he'll compete with Shikoroyama, Tatsunami and Matsugane for the title of handsomest oyakata. (Applauding...) (Neener, neener...)

Nosac.jpg

Any luggage that needs transporting?

Gregory.jpg

More keiko. If someone wonders at the title of this image, he always reminded me of Gregory Peck.

Hamanoshima_BW.jpg

Mm, rugged image! (Shaking head...)

One pic of our current Fetured rikishi, with all his hairiness in display:

Kotoryu.jpg

And finaly, the picture of the month! Remember that basho, what was it, a year ago? When Miya and Tosa brought cheerleaders into Kokugikan (our own Kintamayama translated that story somewhere in this Forum)... Well, here they are, in all their cheerleading glory: Miya (with the eyepatch) on the left, Tosa on the right, cheerleaders everywhere!

cheerleaders.jpg

(You are going off-topic...)

Why the eyepatch on Miya?

I don't recall any mention of an eye injury for Miyabi, and I found nothing in any of the old threads.

Maybe he was just jealous of Takamisakari's "Robocop" nickname and was trying to get one himself? How about Crazy Eyes Miyabi? (Neener, neener...) Or maybe Miyabiyama "the Pirate Maegashira? ...though the lump on his shoulder is a far cry from a parrot (You are going off-topic...) Then again, maybe he tried to get a little too friendly with the cheerleaders. (Woman slapping man...)

Great photos, Manekineko! Maybe I'll give the ol' Hamanoshima "Moving Day workout" a try. (Shaking head...)

If he stays on as oyakata, he'll compete with Shikoroyama, Tatsunami and Matsugane for the title of handsomest oyakata. :-D (In love...)

Mayhaps you mean Michinoku, not Matsugane? At least I never figured ex-Wakashimazu to be such a heart-throb... (Laughing...)

Thanks for sharing your spectacular collection of pictures!

Mayhaps you mean Michinoku, not Matsugane? At least I never figured ex-Wakashimazu to be such a heart-throb... (Laughing...)

I *knew* I was forgetting someone. (In love...) Yup, ex-Kirishima is very handsome, but Matsugane is not that bad either... Our own Higashimori has taken a nice photo of him: here

Not your classic handsome oyakata, but I seem to like men with big noses. :-D

Browsed some more, so here is another one. B-) Thanks, Higashimori, your pictures keep making may day(s). (Heart)

Time for another set of pics! I've been feeling monochromatic lately, and so is this selection. (Applauding...)

This image really inspired me to start this thread, especially after Qttp-zeki in his comments on China Koen mentioned their rivalry... Well, now it is obvious that rivers of bad blood flow between Mickey and Robo.

rivalsBW.jpg

Can you recgonise this young man?

baby_sato.jpg

No? Well, here he is being recruited by his new oya(kata), with his original oya (parents) proudly standing by:

Young_sato_oya.jpg

Still no luck? Wakanosato, Naruto oyakata by his side, parents flanking them both.

To keep on with Satos: this is Mitoizumi's brother Umenosato at his danpatsu-shiki, receiving words of encouragement from his dashing brother. I believe ex-Umenosato now works as heya manager at his brother's Nishikido-beya.

Umenosato.jpg

And in the end: Osh doing his final round of dishes, just before getting promoted to Juryo. (Applauding...)

Oshu_dishes.jpg

That's it!

Edit: fixed a link

Edited by Manekineko

This thread has been so sadly neglected and often ignored (a poor second to Belgium when going abroad...) (Laughing...)

It's olympic time, and hence golf. Is it Olympic sport? I don't care. (Sigh...)

Higonoumi of glorious memory and the future yokozuna-to-be Tochinonada on the green.

golf_HigoNada.jpg

Kotoinazuma the fruitful missing the hole by thiiis much.

golf_Inazuma.jpg

Future Sadogatake-oyakata in very tasteful stripes being grinned at by Ake of less-than-glorious K1 career.

golf_KwakaAke.jpg

Kyokutenho, Wakanojo and Shikishima the Nostril swinging away.

golf_TenhoWnojoShiki.jpg

Again, almost all oyakata now: Asahiyutaka considering his putt, Kotoryu promoting Nike, Mitoizumi looking regal (Heart) and Kitakachidoki putting it away.

golf_YutakaKryuMitoKkdoki.jpg

More to come soon! (but not golf)

Summer Sale! Everything must go!

As a member of Tochinonada-for-Yokozuna-to-Be Secret Society, this is Nada special edition! Those who are offended or Boltono are advised to avert their eyes.

Tochinonada1.jpg

Isn't he cute with those glasses and that lovely smile? (Sigh...) Don't know why, but he reminds me of Nami in this picture...

Tochinonada2.jpg

He can also look fierce! :-D

howgh.jpg

Terao (Heart) and Nada wawing at the camera, during some jungyo or the other.

mage.jpg

Musoyama the relentless and Nada having their mage-do.

Nada_baby.jpg

Nada preparing for a photo-op with a lucky baby (show of hands - who would trade places with the lucky toddler?)

And not Nada at all, but at least Olypic-related image: yokozuna of swimming meets yokozuna of sumo: Takanohana and Thorpe, in glory days for both.

Taka&Thorpe.jpg

See you next week! (Bye, bye...)

Edit: typos in links.

Edited by Manekineko

Most beautiful kesho-mawashi EVER!

Great pics - keep them coming!

post-3-1093167799_thumb.jpg

Jungyo special!

Toki getting his hair washed

Toki_wash.jpg

Poor kid getting scarred for life (that's Miya in his early days, notice the short hair)

trauma.jpg

Takatoriki watering young yo-yo Kinkaiyama to make him grow into premanent makuuchi resident

Watering_Kinki.jpg

Future oyakata Takatoriki and Terao having an animated chat. Anyone can identify the chap in the background?

Veterans.jpg

Yumitori-shiki also needs practicing!

yumitori.jpg

Future oyakata Takatoriki and Terao having an animated chat. Anyone can identify the chap in the background?

Veterans.jpg

Makushita and ex-Juryo- soon- to- return -after- injury Senshuuyama (Takasago) desu.

Mainoumi special! ;-)

Always favorite little big guy, one I didn't appreciate enough while still wrestling due to limited experience with sumo fannism back then...

Mainoumi.jpg

Mainoumi tripping someone bigger than him (what a surprise). ID would be nice... (Blinking...)

Mainoumi1.jpg

Mainoumi doing a hassou-tobi (Air-Maino had tradition long befor Air-Hayate...) Again, ID of the opponent is needed.

Mainoumi3.jpg

Mainoumi doing his thing on the biggest yokozuna of them all (Ha! I can recognise Ake! Good for me...)

Mainoumi4.jpg

Mainoumi getting the final cut...

Mainoumi_danpatsu.jpg

His wife sniffing appropriately, while junior asks what's going on.

Mainoumi_danpatsu1.jpg

:-)