Sign in to follow this  
Manekineko

Some more pictures

Well, he's only been in Ozumo for two years, and is quite high ranked in Makushita. I agree maybe he's not a future Yokozuna, but I can't agree that he has gotten to the point where there is no hope for him, being promising for ages. Tamaasuka on the other hand... (Enjoying a beer...)

Of course, but Kaikitsune-zeki keps telling me he is the next coming..

Tamaasuka? At least he's still really young.. I'd go for Daishouma before that, or even ex-Midorifuji now Fujiryuu..

Promises, promises..

There are Musoyama fans lurking among us, so these are for them!

Lurking Musoyama-fan is enthusiastic. Thank you very much for the wonderful pictures!

I'd just like to once again thank all the ppl who have contributed with pictures in this thread.

I just typed out 3 pics from this thread, framed them and hung them on a wall.

Looks really nice =)

Very goog idea! I took a lot of pictures of this thread for my self-made sumo-calender. So, thanks for the contributions to everyone.

Tamaasuka? At least he's still really young..

Actually, he's almost exactly a year older than Kotoshogiku...

Kotokikutsugi? There is no such rikishi. You probably mean Kotoshougiku (talk about a really idiotic name change..), the guy somewhere waaay down in Makushita who you have been promising me for ages that will "happen" soon.. Well, the way things are going, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, since he is super-duper lame-o no goody goody..

Oh no...cool Finnish shikona changed! How dare he do that? I'll call him KKtsugi no matter what his shikona is! Well...

He is young, strong, athletic, in good heya, pressure-free and he just made a big impression from the very first time I saw his sumo/image. He is doing pretty well in makushita fighting very talented rikishi and while he is still in 3-4 - 4-3 land, he'll get the needed nutch soon and will storm to juryo with consecutive 6-1 records! Then we'll see better.

As for U's omnipotence, well..hehehee.. I'd switch "omni" for "im", and that would look much better from where I'm sitting..

Well sir, maybe it is time to purchase a better chair which would be suitably comfortable and would cease to cause distorted comfort zone fact stream (Holiday feeling...)

Well sir, maybe it is time to purchase a better chair which would be suitably comfortable and would cease to cause distorted comfort zone fact streamĀ  (Holiday feeling...)

I just moved to my massaging sofa, and it still looks the same..The "Zone Fact Stream"

hasn't hit me yet. Maybe I'm right after all?

Edited by Kintamayama

As promised elsewhere here are few shrunk DVD captures from the tragically deceased yokozuna Tamanoumi.

First two images from yokozuna Taiho's danpatsu-shiki; Kitanofuji as tsuyuharai, Tamanoumi as tachimochi.

Tamanoumi1.jpgTamanoumi2.jpg

Yokozuna's body being moved away from the hospital.

Tamanoumi3.jpg

Yokozuna Kitanofuji hears the sad news when coming to see his fellow yokozuna in the hospital (I believe).

Tamanoumi4.jpg

Weeping for his friend in front of the cameras.

Tamanoumi5.jpgTamanoumi6.jpgTamanoumi7.jpg

Finally images from the funeral. I believe the people with the yellow flowers are yokozuna's relatives (?). One of the mourners seems to be Takanohana I.

Tamanoumi8.jpgTamanoumi9.jpgTamanoumi10.jpgTamanoumi11.jpgTamanoumi12.jpg

Kitanofuji and Tamanoumi where promoted to Yokozuna at the same time weren't they?

The picture of Tamanoumi on the NSK site is much clearer but they are are still good pictures-

I was gonna say nice pictures but it doesn't seem appropriate.

Kitanofuji and Tamanoumi where promoted to Yokozuna at the same time weren't they?

Yes, Hatsu 1970. Yokozunas #51 & #52.

Kashiwado & Taiho (Aki 1961) and Akinoumi & Terukuni (June 1942) and Hitachiyama & Umegatani II (June 1903) and Tanikaze & Onogawa (November 1789) appear to be the other pairs promoted simultaneously. Quite a lot of pairs actually.

Thanks Koto,I thought so.

Now excuse my ignorance but which of the Rikishi in the pictures is Takanohana 1 and do we have names for the other rikishi mourners?

Thanks Koto,I thought so.

Now excuse my ignorance but which of the Rikishi in the pictures is Takanohana 1 and do we have names for the other rikishi mourners?

The three (most visible) rikishi mourners in the third image on the bottom row appear to be Hasegawa (left), Takanohana-1 (middle) and Wajima (right).

Edited by Yubiquitoyama

Stealing from Akinomaki-zeki's post on the ML, here are two pics.

bearded-akebono.jpg

Akebono with the beard, again. (Punk rocker...)

takamisakari-keychain.jpg

Takamisakari key-chain. I want one! (That was dopey from me...)

Edit: These are direct links to Sponichi/Yomiuri pics, so will expire with time. (Ranting...)

RIJICHO'S EDIT: Images uploaded to sumoforum.net so they'll stay up.

Edited by Rijicho

Last bunch of pictures before the basho... I was asked for Taikai, and Taikai I shall deliver!Accompanied by other nice and lovely rikishi, so no-one need feel slighted. (Laughing...)

Future Japanese Yokozuna is among them! (Clapping wildly...) They do look lovely together. (Applauding...)

Tigers.jpg

(Tochiazuma, Chiyotaikai, Wakanosato squatting)

The above three stamping and signing their tegata - a weary work.

Tegata3.jpg

The current crop of ozeki shuffling their way through some ceremony.

Ozekis.jpg

Interesting pattern of face-up, face-down, face-up, face-down, don't you think? :-/

'Taikai's former girlfriend. (Welcome...) Actually, it's veteran Gan'yu hiding under that pink towel.

Chiyo&girl.jpg

Taikai racing Wakanojo (I hope, else my face recognition capabilities have begun to deteriorate rapidly).

Ready_set.jpg

And winning, by the look of it!

Hope you've enjoyed the exhibition! (Licking lips...)

Great pictures Maneki-

I especially like the Ozeki annual "follow the leader" game but whos the interloping midget at the back?

Yes, I wondered that too - I suppose one of the oyakata... (Clapping wildly...)

Great pictures Maneki-

I especially like the Ozeki annual "follow the leader" game but whos the interloping midget at the back?

When I received the "Topic Subscription Reply Notification" by email, for a moment I thought the "interloping midget" you referred to must be Kaio, since I only recalled that he was at the end of the line ... (Clapping wildly...)

That brought a smile to my face Kashu but I definately wouldn't call Kaio a midget.

The other noteworthy point,it must be the only time Musoyama has led the Ozekis at all.

The other noteworthy point,it must be the only time Musoyama has led the Ozekis at all.

Ouch!

B-)

Nice pictures! Thank you Adachinoryu-zeki for providing them and thank you, Kotoseiya-zeki for uploading.

(Sign of approval)

Nice pictures! Thank you Adachinoryu-zeki for providing them and thank you, Kotoseiya-zeki for uploading.

(Sign of approval)

Thanks for the comment Qttp-san but big thanks have to go to Koto-san.

If I've made any errors please let me know someone. As I said - not pro but there you go.

ANR

Hey guys, can you provide me with pictures of new juryo promotion, Hakuho.

(especially photos that give me a comparison about him with others, cause I have some doubts about his size)

Thx,

The good, the bad, the ugly

Who is the ugly? Kitanoumi or Chiyotaikai? (Laughing...)

Thank you very much!

The good, the bad, the ugly

Who is the ugly? Kitanoumi or Chiyotaikai? (Laughing...)

Thank you very much!

6 of one, half a dozen of the other I'd say.

You may not be professional but these look pretty good to me. You have managed to get an insider feel of things. I particularly like the shots from the imperial box, the approach to the KG and the shrines. (I haven't yet displayed them all full size due to my low line speed, but I have enjoyed all the ones I have seen so far.)

(Laughing...)