Sign in to follow this  
ryafuji

Sansho predictions?

I think Toyohibiki could be up for the Kantosho, especially if he wins tomorrow. I guess Toyonoshima for the Shukunsho (if it's awarded), or possibly Tochinonada if he gets his kachikoshi (as he beat Asashoryu too). Possibly Ama again for the Ginosho (though again they could hold that one back).

I think Toyohibiki could be up for the Kantosho, especially if he wins tomorrow. I guess Toyonoshima for the Shukunsho (if it's awarded), or possibly Tochinonada if he gets his kachikoshi (as he beat Asashoryu too). Possibly Ama again for the Ginosho (though again they could hold that one back).

And I think shin-makuuchi Masatsukasa can get the kanto-sho with a tenth win tomorrow.

Toyohibiki was probably a lock for the kanto-sho with 12-3, but I'm not sure what his chances are with just 11-4. 10-5 is almost certainly not going to work. Kanto-sho for Toyonoshima with a 10-5 might not be out of the question, or really any sansho they might consider applicable to reward him for his first sanyaku double-digits (they seem to like throwing around random gino-sho when there's already another kanto-sho awardee).

Masatsukasa with a 10-5 would be nice, but after they recently denied it for Ryuo and Wakakirin...

Toyohibiki was probably a lock for the kanto-sho with 12-3, but I'm not sure what his chances are with just 11-4. 10-5 is almost certainly not going to work.

12-3 is also not going to work as he is 10-4 right now (Holiday feeling...)

Toyohibiki was probably a lock for the kanto-sho with 12-3, but I'm not sure what his chances are with just 11-4. 10-5 is almost certainly not going to work.

Yes, I meant he was a lock if he had won today (to move to 11-3) and again tomorrow. I'm not sure if he's even going to be up for consideration now after today's loss.

Yes, I meant he was a lock if he had won today (to move to 11-3) and again tomorrow. I'm not sure if he's even going to be up for consideration now after today's loss.

Ah, of course, sorry for my remark...

Toyonoshima for the Gino-Sho with one more win, the defeat of Asashoryu shouldn't stand for much. As Hakuho, sole active Yokozuna and Yusho winner was undefeated by anyone eligible for the Shukun-Sho, my guess is they won't award it. Kantosho for Toyohibiki and Ama (with one more win each). Ama might get the Gino-Sho instead. But who knows what the real criteria are?

Of course, Toyohibiki has already been awarded a Kantosho for an 11-4 in his makuuchi debut; I don't know whether that would count against him or not.

In the majority of cases 11 wins have been enough for a sansho in the last few years. So Toyohibiki's chances with a win tomorrow should be pretty high.