Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

KaioU and Chiyotaikai preparations- Nagoya 2008

World Kadoban record holder Chiyotaikai has started light training. Shiko and stuff. His injured elbow has not healed. A bad result in Nagoya will probably result in intai. "I'll just have to start doing full keiko on the 4th. After entering the basho, even if my arm breaks, I'll go on!!", he declared.

Edited by Kintamayama

If it depends on willpower alone he can do it... But it is too bad that his body does no want to heal. I will keep my fingers crossed for him.

If it depends on willpower alone he can do it...

...and the notorious powers of his shisho. (In a state of confusion...)

He better dig deep if he wants to make it to Aki. I'll leave the speculation as to the location of his digging, be it heart or pockets, to others.

I have a bad feeling about this.... He will eventually retire anyway ! I don't think he'll continue if he is demoted, because he will not be able to recover directly his rank.

(In a state of confusion...)

KaioU met Chiyotaikai on the training dohyo today at Tomozuna beya and beat him 11-4. "We hit each other well. I was able to check out how my body is moving. There is not a day that goes by without some kind of pain here and there. Still, not doing serious keiko results in a non-serious basho. I have no choice but to remember the way my body moves during keiko", said a half-satisfied KaioU.

Edited by Kintamayama