Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Tochinohana, Tochisakae- double danpatsushiki

Kasugano's retired Ex-Tochinohana (current Hatachiyama) and ex-Tochisakae (current Takenawa) will have a double danpatsushiki on the Kkan dohyo on January 31st 2009. This will be the first multiple danpatsushiki on the KKan dohyo since May 28th, 1962, when Daitenryuu, Sagahikari, and Takimiyama had a triple danpatsushiki. It's the first time since May 31st ,1987 that a multiple intai sumo day was held (Amanoyama and Ooyutaka), but their hair-cutting ceremony was held separately then.

Some of the Tochis' mutual friends will snip them both, but individual friends may be allowed to snip only one-still under consideration at this time. "We didn't enter together but our banzuke -climbing was more or less the same, so it's natural we do this together. Now that the preparations are entering the actual phase I hope we will find time to discuss this..", said Hatachiyama-Tochinohana.

It was held today- 300 snippers. "When I joined, I never dreamed I'd be having a danpatsushiki. I'd like to be able to repay my shisho for bringing me up", said ex- Tochinohana. Ex-Tochisakae, who lost 25 kilos, "I'd like to thank the many people who supported me during my career. Could I have gone on a bit longer??", added X-Tochisakae.

It was a very good time today including my (Sign of disapproval...) when Oyakata cut their top knots and again when they walked off the dohyo for the last time!

I took at least a thousand pics today and a video of the entire day jinku til the Yokozuna match so I will try to get them posted ASAP!

Ex-Tochisakae, who lost 25 kilos, "I'd like to thank the many people who supported me during my career. Could I have gone on a bit longer??", added X-Tochisakae.

Tochisakae was close to 155 kg when he retired. So it means he is now down to 130 kg which is still pretty big but when I see a picture of him at the ceremony held today he doesn't look as if he lost that much weight....

Edited by Jonosuke

Part 1 is finished....

Part 2 is almost finished....

Part 3 may be finished soon!

I have to get ready for bed soon! :-O

Cool pix!

I really like it when you take several in quick succession, so there's a quasi-animated quality to the flipping-through. :D Especially the salt-throwing and the sequence of Tokitenku's pre-bout gestures.

n678645637_2543237_2276.jpg

Did Baruto feel the need to throw up the horns in the middle of his torikumi? :-O

n678645637_2542772_5654.jpg

Edit: And who's the guy in the cowboy hat?

Edited by Beisaikyou

n678645637_2543237_2276.jpg

This gesture is more known as "... five beers for sawmill mens, here!".

;-)

Edited by Bix Poku