Sign in to follow this  
Tikozan

Toyasuko's YouTube channel dead

I've seen Toyasuko has closed his account (I am not worthy...)

I'll bet the Kyokai or the Cable station he was getting his stuff from closed him down.

I'll bet the Kyokai or the Cable station he was getting his stuff from closed him down.

FWIW, when you try to access a video directly (e.g. via the Haru link page), the error message is "This video has been removed by the user." rather than "This video has been removed due to copyright infringement." or whatever the exact wording in that case is.

Edited by Asashosakari

FWIW, when you try to access a video directly (e.g. via the Haru link page), the error message is "This video has been removed by the user." rather than "This video has been removed due to copyright infringement." or whatever the exact wording in that case is.

That's how it works. The lawyers approach you and ask you nicely to remove it by yourself. If you do, you get message "user etc..'. If you don't, you get the "copyright infringement" message because Youtube removes it one-sided..

I get that all the time..

Edited by Kintamayama

That's how it works. The lawyers approach you and ask you nicely to remove it by yourself. If you do, you get message "user etc..'. If you don't, you get the "copyright infringement" message because Youtube removes it one-sided..

It depends, I guess. Here's a (dead) link to a highlight clip that I blatantly stole from mlb.com a couple of months ago - I knew it was gonna get removed quickly, I just didn't want the other guys I was looking it up for to spend 15 minutes searching and clicking through MLB's crappy archives like I did. No warning shot in that case, they just took it offline a few days later and sent me a removal note about it.

It depends, I guess. Here's a (dead) link to a highlight clip that I blatantly stole from mlb.com a couple of months ago - I knew it was gonna get removed quickly, I just didn't want the other guys I was looking it up for to spend 15 minutes searching and clicking through MLB's crappy archives like I did. No warning shot in that case, they just took it offline a few days later and sent me a removal note about it.

And I was approached a few days ago by owners of the copyright of the AUDIO that was used in the Sadogatake trip video clip, which I didn't create, but did post. I wrote them that it can't harm them etc.. but removed it myself. Then, they answered me that I can leave it there after all, so I put it back up. It happened to me a couple of times in the past, but I always received a warning, although once it was just telling me that they already removed it.

correct

Toyasuko has posted the Tournament online

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=toyasuko&p=r

edit:thanks for giving the results in advance kintamayama :-/

I've seen Toyasuko has closed his account :-(

For the record, Toyasuko is a gal ;-) In Japanese names, 'ko' at the end almost always means a girl's name from its meanings of 'little' and 'child'.

In Japanese names, 'ko' at the end almost always means a girl's name from its meanings of 'little' and 'child'.

Unless he's a -hiko. Learned that on Masahiko Harada, my favorite ski-jumper...

Edited by Manekineko

I guess this thread is no longer dealing with the tournament so I might add my bit.

It has been known that NHK has been scanning YouTube (at least by Japanese posters) very regularly like at least daily. As soon as they find offending material (i.e. video taken from NHK), they will inform YouTube Japan. YouTube@Japan either does one of the things - they will ask the member to remove them volountary and if not hearing from them in a short time, they will get busy and remove them by often suspending the member.

As far as I can tell, this has been MO for NHK material for the last little while (though sumo broadcast will tend to get more lenient treatment than their other programs like involving actors and singers where copyright issues tend to get far reaching). On the other hand, other Japanese video sites like NicoNicoDouga(Video) had had more widespread video captured from TV so I am not sure what's up (but then Nico Nico Video users are mostly Japanese speaking).

And another thing I know of no girl named Toyasuko ever and I am inclined to think this was a guy. There are quite a few boys with "ko" at the end but if the name has "子" at the end and read as "ko" then it will be a girl.

Edited by Jonosuke

I guess this thread is no longer dealing with the tournament so I might add my bit.

Split off to its own thread now.

It has been known that NHK has been scanning YouTube (at least by Japanese posters) very regularly like at least daily.

He was getting the stuff from the BS cable channel, as the logo clearly showed. Is BS a subsidiary of NHK? I had it in my hotel room as well, and it was great.

BS simply means Broadcasting Satellite so it does not restrict with NHK however other than a digest form, NHK is the only broadcaster with a right to broadcast Ozumo on TV so he must have been capturing from NHK as NHK BS (actually there are three though their Hivision channel is to be merged in several years) is the one that starts their broadcast sometime around 1 PM every basho day.

In Japan if you have a digital tuner equipped in your TV and want to watch their BS channels you will need to pay addional 2,500 Yen or so in addition to your normal NHK subscription fee or around 2,700 Yen every couple of month.

I believe if you don't confirm it with them, every time you watch their BS channel, you get a message indicating either pay up or register with them.

I strongly believe someone has tipped NHK off about these videos tosa uploaded. Admittedly the videos were rather flagrant violation of all sorts of rights. Someone has probably either:

a) felt important when tipping NHK about the videos

b) just for sake of causing nuisance to innocent and less innocent sumofans

Maybe not but somehow it just feels like that. It was fun as long as it lasted and I understand the actions of NHK of wanting such stuff removed but I highly doubt it was detrimental in any way. More like bringing more sumo stuff to people and maybe would have even benefitted.

Oh well, R.I.P. I hope no sumoforum member did any tipping off activity at least. If so, then it was not that nice. Selfish? Maybe. Sad day though. That account was a pearl.

I've seen Toyasuko has closed his account :-)

correct

I'm surprised to be the first person to speculate as to what deeds lie behind a so-certain 1-word reply....

Thanks Mark :-/

(Forgive me for being presumptuous)

EDIT: I see KM also has a hunch

Edited by kaiguma

And another thing I know of no girl named Toyasuko ever and I am inclined to think this was a guy. There are quite a few boys with "ko" at the end but if the name has "子" at the end and read as "ko" then it will be a girl.

I don't know of any Toyasuko gals but there are several known Yasukos (泰子) which is what I was thinking of:

http://www.stardust.co.jp/rooms/matsuyuki/

http://yakko.org/

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/announcer/person...jima/body1.html

What kanji would suko be for a boy? 少(しい)、健(やか) are the only two I know that have a reading of 'suko'. The first means little or few itself. 鳥屋少? 戸谷健? Honestly I can't think of any suko for a male name but I could be wrong.

Finally, someone told me that the youtube Toyasuko was a girl though I never knew him/her myself so I could be wrong. I can always be wrong...

I've seen Toyasuko has closed his account :-/

correct

I'm surprised to be the first person to speculate as to what deeds lie behind a so-certain 1-word reply....

Knowledge lies behind such a short answer - not action, knowledge. I'm sure 10 mins in Japan would offer you the same knowledge of course but it has taken me 10 years to learn some things.

you are being very presumptuous kaiguma - are completely off mark and have no idea what you are talking about in making claims - nothing new then really. :-) I know nothing of this boy/girl, have not watched the videos but am aware of how strict Japan is working now in this field as is anyone else who reads the papers regularly.

It only takes a while to figure out what Joe said about the authorities in Japan getting more severe, clamping down and really looking at the Internet recently. I said months ago that this would happen as there were shifting sands in Japanese authority opinions as regards the internet etc - it is NOW happening. Not only on youtube but in country as well in many areas.

(did you know the Japsanese govt are introducing a law making Internet censorship possible?)

Another example - look at wikipedia and pages refering to Japanese actors - almost no pics. Why would that be.

Edited by Mark Buckton

I've seen Toyasuko has closed his account :-/

correct

you are being very presumptuous - are completely off mark and have no idea what you are talking about in making claims - nothing new then really. :-)

It only takes a while to figure out what Joe said about the authorities in Japan getting more severe, clamping down and really looking at the Internet recently. I said months ago that this would happen - it is happening. Not only on youtube but in country as well in many areas.

Another example - look at wikipedia and pages refering to Japanese actors - almost no pics. Go figure.

"correct" is a very certain reply when others have mentioned it says the videos were removed by the user. And very terse at that.

"probably so" would be more accurate, as it's only "correct" if you know for sure that the NSK asked Toyasuko to remove the vids.

At least I labeled my presumption as a presumption, rather than claiming it to be "correct."

the wriggle of an embarrassed person unwilling to grow a set and say 'sorry'

think twice before making claims and attaching names

actually - it is so funny to see an 'anonymous' member - 1, then someone decloaking to post, before using the cloaking device again.

Edited by Mark Buckton

I strongly believe someone has tipped NHK off about these videos tosa uploaded. Admittedly the videos were rather flagrant violation of all sorts of rights. Someone has probably either:

a) felt important when tipping NHK about the videos

b) just for sake of causing nuisance to innocent and less innocent sumofans

Maybe not but somehow it just feels like that. It was fun as long as it lasted and I understand the actions of NHK of wanting such stuff removed but I highly doubt it was detrimental in any way. More like bringing more sumo stuff to people and maybe would have even benefitted.

Oh well, R.I.P. I hope no sumoforum member did any tipping off activity at least. If so, then it was not that nice. Selfish? Maybe. Sad day though. That account was a pearl.

Oh come on Kakitsune...surely you're being paranoid! :-/

What kind of immature self-important arsehole would want to do a thing like that??!!

:-) :-/

Edited by hidenohana

Moderator Notice
Any further baseless accusations, insinuations or other discussion beside the point will result in the thread being closed.

the wriggle of an embarrassed person unwilling to grow a set and say 'sorry'

think twice before making claims and attaching names

actually - it is so funny to see an 'anonymous' member - 1, then someone decloaking to post, before using the cloaking device again.

I'm not embarrassed in the least and I don't feel you deserve an apology.

Funny is to say I made claims when I made no claims. I made a presumption and clearly labeled it so. There is no allegation in a presumption; rather a suspicion. I even asked for forgiveness in voicing my suspicion, fully aware that it could lead to distraction. (Yet I felt compelled to because this is not the first time and maybe newer members need to be aware)

And being that you had just made specious claims to declare the speculative as "correct" one might assume you had direct knowledge of events that took place, rather than the indirect "knowledge" that you claim allows you to judge someone's guess as correct. So, yet again, your lack of clarity with a dash of "all-knowing Nipponness" only served to confuse the matter.

And what is this decloaking garbage? Do you just throw mud at the wall to see what sticks? because it really makes no sense whatsoever... I am afraid that (to me it seems + a few others) you appear devoid of reasoning capability when involved in an argument. I think you take it as personal when someone questions your knowledge, which is very limiting and counterproductive. After all, this is a place for discussion, not pomposity. And please don't consider that a personal attack, but simply how I feel.

[To the Mods, sorry if this doesn't cut the mustard, but a logical response is about all I can muster.]

EDIT: it has been pointed out to me that the original comment was accusatory, sarcastic, and backhanded. Actually I cannot deny that, so in the spirit of good will, I suppose I should apologize for being mean. Even if I felt the need to express sarcasm or suspicion, in that case I should not have called out Mark by name.

Gomen ne :-)

Edited by kaiguma

And her ameba blog ist closed too :-)

Maybe the NSk ought to make access to the masses a little easier and then we wouldn't be solely reliant on Youtube to see any sumo action at all.

Hope he is allright...

I wonder why all those gaikoku Jungyo when they just keep a ..... about us who need to watch the videos. What are they trying to do?

Attract gaijin to watch Sumo? Kinda useless without the opportunity to watch it.

media library online must be the future- the internet is a giant source...why don't they set a xyYen per month and let us watch any bout we want to?

Cause we are not important...just a few crazy gaijin...