Sign in to follow this  
HenryK

Kotooshu

i "leave" for one basho and look what happens !!! Kotooshu is getting the yusho !!!

at least no surprises in European Champions League football (Neener, neener...) (Sign of approval...)

One possibly good sign for a playoff: Three rikishi were forced into a yusho playoff after they lost their final two regular bouts. All won.

And all three beat their senshuraku opponents in the playoff.

i "leave" for one basho and look what happens !!! Kotooshu is getting the yusho !!!

Same for me, I just got back from a 2-week trip to Tunisia (great country btw), expecting to see both yokozuna at 12-1, only to see Kotooshu in the lead at that score!! Sumo keeps amazing me!!

at least no surprises in European Champions League football (Neener, neener...) (Sign of approval...)

Now your post is just cruel. Just like the right post was for John Terry.

If I skimmed the Doitsubase correctly, nobody ever won the Makunouchi Yusho while losing on the last three days since the 15-days schedule was established.

Wajima, Kyushu 1973. Injured his hand (webbing between the fingers, I think) and had to retire from the basho but no one got enough wins to force a play-off.

Kyokai's Wajima page tells the details.

Edited by Kotoseiya Yuichi

Wajima only lost his last two matches though (Sign of approval...) Still pretty impressive.

at least no surprises in European Champions League football (Sigh...) (Sign of approval...)

Now your post is just cruel. Just like the right post was for John Terry.

nah, cruel is the 'Caution, don't slip' image I was sent 12 hours after the game (although I understand Terry was still bawling at the time). If around, perhaps Nishi can upload it. I cannot from my keitai. (Neener, neener...)

I thought Jakusotsu was joking! (Sign of approval...)

Nope. I was simply paraphrasing a theory of fellow member Gernobono, which is becoming less and less far-fetched these days. I'm almost a believer...

I normally stay out of these theories but it is getting a bit spicy there, I'll give you that. Look at the senshuraku brew if Mickey doesn't get his KK on day 14 against Ryu. He goes against Kaio. Kaio then gets a chance to re-pay him for his day 14 favor last Kyushu. At the time, Kaio was to be against Chiyo on senshuraku, who was guaranteed to be in the yusho hunt on senshuraku, so he wouldn't have gotten a favor there for sure (as it turned out, Chiyo sustained his elbow injury right after the Mickey-Kaio match and withdrew).

So the way it stands now, any way Mickey gets KK here, there's a guaranteed "See there, I told you" coming. If he beats Asa, Gernobono is a genius (ok, he's a genius anyway). If he loses to Asa and beats Kaio, the Kyushu thingy gets posted on the wall.

So what are the odds Mickey goes MK??

He doesn't have it yet. I would be overjoyed if he gets the yusho, but the "old" Kotooshu returned on day 13 and if he shows up again on day 14 and senshuraku--well, I don't want to even think about that. :-(

Osh! yusho! congratulations to the big Bulgarian, first yusho - its been a long time coming.

My heart is racing too much to write anything wise just yet... so yes..

KOTOOSHU

:-(

I was at work late and when I got home it looked like I was just in time for Osh/Ama, but the DAMN STREAM WOULDN'T CONNECT AND I MISSED HIM WINNING HIS FIRST YUSHO!

GAH!

:-( (Laughing...) B-) ;-)

Greetings to all Kotooshu fans!!

It was long wait, but it finnished with happy end. Well, with 2 almost henkas, but that is acceptable. I do not expect an yokozuna run next basho, i just expect nice sumo. Congratulations, Kotooshu!

Честито, Калояне !!

:-(

He's setting Asashoryu free from the yusho hunt to enable KK for his fellas Kaio and Kotomitsuki.

Asa wasnt giving Miki any freebies at all today!

Kotooshu now needs to beat Chiyotaikai tomorrow if he wants a decent spring board to launch a tsuna hunt next basho, As Demon Kogure just said on the telly 14-1 looks much much sweeter than 13-2

Didn't need to. Mickey gets Kaio tomorrow who got his freebie yesterday.

He's setting Asashoryu free from the yusho hunt to enable KK for his fellas Kaio and Kotomitsuki.

Kotooshu now needs to beat Chiyotaikai tomorrow if he wants a decent spring board to launch a tsuna hunt next basho, As Demon Kogure just said on the telly 14-1 looks much much sweeter than 13-2

seeing chiyotaikai today, would anyone have doubt, that kotooshu gets his 14-1?....for me it looked as if he even helped kakuryu to get him out in a admitedly decided bout....

Kotooshu now needs to beat Chiyotaikai tomorrow if he wants a decent spring board to launch a tsuna hunt next basho

Call me a pessimist, but I believe it will be much better for Kotooshu if he is not considered tsunatori next basho. I insist he already managed to boost his confidence to Ozeki level, but I don't believe he is ready for Yokozuna promotion yet.

Best scenario for him would be to stay at Ozeki few more bashos ending solid 11-13 wins every time to prove himself he is solid there and just then go after tsuna hunt.

It will be nightmare if he suddenly wins next basho too (Imagine both Yokozunas re injured next time. No I don't wish that to them) gets promoted to Yokozuna only to find he can't get >9 wins as it happens when he became Ozeki and forced to retire at age of 25-26.

In brief I believe they will make Kotooshu big favour if they say "No promotion even if he gets zensho yusho in Nagoya".

Don't you need a minimum of 36 wins over three basho to be considered for yokozuna? As he only got two wins in March that's impossible even if he does yensho in July.

Well... Can't imagine that he would be denied even with two back-to-back yushos at 11-4... Two consecutive yushos as ozeki and you've done it...

Call me a pessimist, but I believe it will be much better for Kotooshu if he is not considered tsunatori next basho. I insist he already managed to boost his confidence to Ozeki level, but I don't believe he is ready for Yokozuna promotion yet.

Best scenario for him would be to stay at Ozeki few more bashos ending solid 11-13 wins every time to prove himself he is solid there and just then go after tsuna hunt.

It will be nightmare if he suddenly wins next basho too (Imagine both Yokozunas re injured next time. No I don't wish that to them) gets promoted to Yokozuna only to find he can't get >9 wins as it happens when he became Ozeki and forced to retire at age of 25-26.

In brief I believe they will make Kotooshu big favour if they say "No promotion even if he gets zensho yusho in Nagoya".

I do not fully agree. Kotooshu's most tough enemy is his own mind and the way how he can (mis)handle it. This basho (and bashos before his Ozeki promotion) he showed that he is capable to make 13+ bashos he showed how strong can be his sumo while is he not thinking to much.. immediatelly as the pressure of possible succes came he started to loose practically without fighting. If he would be able to stand this pressure next basho (what I doubt...) possible Yokozuna promotion would make him more relaxed and allows him to make his own strong sumo.

Anyway... probably not Kotooshus case but: If you would have a choice of beeng Yokozuna after 2 surprising bashos followed by mediocre performance with 8-9 wins and 1-2 yushos or jun yushos followed by forced retirement after 4 years compared to 8-10 year long ozeki life balancing from kadoban to kadoban what would yo choose? (How would it influence f.e. yor salary or possibility to have own stable?)

Edited by Misisko