Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Ex-Kyokushuuzan to run for Mongolian Parliament

Ex-Kyokushuuzan has announced he will be running for elections for the Mongolian Parliament. The elections will be held in the second half of June. "I will be running as a delegate from the largest district in Ulan Bator", he said today at the Kkan, where he came to watch the basho. He will be using his real name, but is thinking of using his famous Kyokushuuzan moniker (Lewinsky). "If I can use it, I just may..", he said.

I wouldn't vote for him. He is better of being a president or a member of Mongolian Sumo Association or whatever. Our parliament already has enough unqualified legislators. He has been losing scores with me ever since he had left the sumo world.

I wouldn't vote for him. He is better of being a president or a member of Mongolian Sumo Association or whatever. Our parliament already has enough unqualified legislators. He has been losing scores with me ever since he had left the sumo world.

What has he done so far in Mongolian politics or so? Why has he been losing scores in your eyes since intai from sumo?

Since retiring from Ozumo, he kept going back and forth between Japan and Mongolia trying to find some influential support for his bid. He was taking some college courses back when he was active to get into IT business.

I suppose failing his commercial ventures and getting mixed up with loan sharks/yakuza minions, politics may have been his last resort. But rather than trying to cultivate grass roots support back home, it appears to me he was busy spending more time looking for high profile support in Japan. I doubt that alone would make him an attractive candidate.

His old buddy at the heya, Kyokudozan became a politician after he left Ozumo. But soon he got tired of it and now doing sumo commentary and selling health food.

I personally think Kyokushuzan is better off skipping politics altogether and try his hands on something else like selling diet pills on the net.

Edited by Jonosuke

Well regardless of how we feel/felt about him, Davaa Batbayar was elected as the top voting getter in a district with 23 candidates today.

"While I intend to tackle on our poverty and global warning problems, I also want to play a role as a bridge between Mongolia and Japan," said former Kyokushuzan.

Edited by Jonosuke

Well regardless of how we feel/felt about him, Davaa Batbayar was elected as the top voting getter in a district with 23 candidates today.

"While I intend to tackle on our poverty and global warning problems, I also want to play a role as a bridge between Mongolia and Japan," said former Kyokushuzan.

So what's his level now? Head of district-something?

Though it's not official yet, the electorate numbers suggest that Kyokushuzan is elected as a MP in the Mongolian parlament from the Democratic Party.

The sly fox succeeded to brainwash few voters in poor neighborhoods of Ulaanbaatar, it seems.

Well, one of his slogans and battle cries was "strenghtening the Mongolian-Japanese relations" . Good luck for him.

Edited by Coo-cook

Good luck for Mongolia!

Given his rather hasty retreat from the world of sumo (Chased by the fans...) his interest in "strenghtening

the Mongolian-Japanese relations" is certainly surprising.

Maybe you could elaborate on his "program" other than being a former rikishi.

Moderator Notice

I have merged these two threads about the same topic.

Well, one of his slogans and battle cries was "strenghtening the Mongolian-Japanese relations" . Good luck for him.

Not a bad idea- for many years Japan is the nr. 1 of the nations Mongolia receives ODA (official development assistance) from. (but have in mind that Japanese ODA was formally reparation...)

Held a paper about that last semester...

The Kyokai's Jungyo members have informally discussed a contingency plan in case of the Mongolian Jungyo cancellation as there are some members who are openly expressing concerns for their safety in Mongolia. "It's possible that the event may be disrupted by the unrest," Oshima oyakata, director of Jungyo, said.

Asashoryu moved into a hotel last night from Takasago Beya camp to gather the latest information via internet and telephone all night. "I am so worried I couldn't sleep at all," Asashoryu said. He was no show at a scheduled de-gekio at Kasuagano Beya camp today. His manager indicated he tried to wake Asashoryu up but there was no answer to his call.

Asashoryu and his family members have substantial business interests and they may suffer significant financial damages.

Edited by Jonosuke

This is not unique to Mongolia but why do people who claim to be rioting for political reasons then go and loot cultural centers and liquor stores? Seeing it here, during Hurrican Katrina and all over the world is really disappointing; I thought people in their hearts and minds were and knew better than this.

Because people on average are stupid, ignorant, false, and arrogant Tottenham supporters. Any given time 10 % of people could be hurled into the Sun without any kind of damage to the humankind. I've called a spade a spade.

I'd up the figure to 75%!

Truth be told, I originally wrote 90% but flipped the 90/10 ratio to protect those readers with tender minds. Yes, I'm no fan of humankind but at least the feeling is mutual. (Sign of approval...)

I realise ,as a foreigner,I may have gained an alarmist and unrealistic picture of Mongolia by reading the headlines in the international media outlets.

Still... let's hope that Mongolian forum members and their family and friends are safe and well.

I'd assume ,in this difficult situation ,sport is the last thing on people's minds.

Truth be told, I originally wrote 90% but flipped the 90/10 ratio to protect those readers with tender minds. Yes, I'm no fan of humankind but at least the feeling is mutual. (Neener, neener...)

If you say teenagers and up the number to 99% you can count on my vote aswell.....

If you say teenagers and up the number to 99% you can count on my vote aswell.....

That would be 100% of the people playing GTA...

There is an article in a german newspaper today by the mongolian writer Galsan Tschinag about the elections, unfortunately only in german.

For those who want to read it's this link

2654688975_0c4e2a0fbd_o.jpg