Sign in to follow this  
Fay

Wakanoho

Nobody shall say I am not thankful enough ... (Osh...)

2492123490_ce7f2815ed_o.jpg

2492123582_506611a75f_o.jpg

2491304585_59532a2dbb_o.jpg

2491304647_ed6ac7a770_o.jpg

2491304783_62dc796183_o.jpg

2491304865_5ddd7496dc_o.jpg

2492124084_ed197070fd_o.jpg

2492124002_e366a85446_o.jpg

2492124364_1812944788_o.jpg

2491305217_ded8a01c15_o.jpg

2492124194_950cff0b56_o.jpg

2492124444_9d3918b214_o.jpg

2491305443_2028b3e222_o.jpg

2491305605_991f7af47b_o.jpg

2491305523_02e12e3070_o.jpg

2491305713_62077896d1_o.jpg

2491305797_20b79e2f0b_o.jpg

2492125090_098f2c5e08_o.jpg

2492124998_c806c81c54_o.jpg

2491306181_608ea68444_o.jpg

2492125260_cac664e75f_o.jpg

2491306033_ae61e2b80f_o.jpg

2491306255_78334033d4_o.jpg

Great action shots, Fay!!

Nishi - Your 'boy' had another good showing against Asa. Another year or two of maturing and he's going to be quite a danger to the Yokozuna. If you talk to him, wish him luck from me (us).

I disagree. He pissed off the Yokozuna purposely. Big mistake. If he hadn't, he maybe would have had a chance. He got slapped outright for that, and disposed of later. Tell him to be meek. Meek makes a complacent opponent. Not pissing off the boss. Big mistake.

Great pics (for one more reason you don't see ;-) )

Thanks a lot.

The bout was great....but after getting the grip, Waka had no idea what to do...he never thought he could get that far so no plan?

Maybe next time.

Not pissing off the boss. Big mistake.

Tell that to Kisenosato. ;-)

These are really great pix, Fay!! You can really tell the true color of Wakanoho's hair from these pix! Thanks for sharing!

Not pissing off the boss. Big mistake.

Tell that to Kisenosato. ;-)

A, With all due respect, Wakanohou is no Kisenosato. Yet.

B. The minute Kisenosato stopped with all the bullshit and started focusing on the match, he started beating Asa accordingly..

C. Asa said he found it kind of cute.

I disagree. He pissed off the Yokozuna purposely. Big mistake. If he hadn't, he maybe would have had a chance. He got slapped outright for that, and disposed of later. Tell him to be meek. Meek makes a complacent opponent. Not pissing off the boss. Big mistake.

Sorry... what did he do exactly?

Sorry... what did he do exactly?

Staredown-a very, very, long staredown. Asa, whatever he says, was greatly pissed. Which is good for him.

Thank you FAY.

Stare is the sign of threat in the Nature.

WAKANOHO can receive anybodys stare as the sign of threat and demonstrate confidence.

It is very well for initial.

Thank you FAY.

Stare is the sign of threat in the Nature.

WAKANOHO can receive anybodys stare as the sign of threat and demonstrate confidence.

It is very well for initial.

No, it is not. It is waking up the bear Asashouryuu. It is a mistake of nature. He should go like a cunning fox, not a bear, because he is not yet a bear or a rooster. When he becomes bear, he can howl. Now he must be clever, not bear.

Mistake.

Kintamayama -

Ok.

If WAKANOHO will not win ASASHORU at least one times in the nerest three bouts, then you are right.

Kintamayama -

Ok.

If WAKANOHO will not win ASASHORU at least one times in the nerest three bouts, then you are right.

He will beat Asashouryuu the minute he stops with this nonsense and CONCENTRATES ON THE MATCH.

Kintamayama -

My respect.

I am always reading your ideas ( and jokes ) with interest.

It is true - "He will beat Asashouryuu the minute he stops with this nonsense and CONCENTRATES ON THE MATCH."

He should to distingwish the INTERNAL CONCENTRATING from the EXTERNAL DEMONSTRATING.

OK.

YOU ARE RIGHT IN COMMON.

Whom does WAKANOHO look at?

He looks at FAY, NISHINOSHIMA, MARK or may be at some young lady?

And, why ather rikishis are so sad?

wakabalt.jpg

Edited by Ossetian Yokozuna

think he has better taste than to be looking at me, Nishi wasn't there yesterday. Probably Fay. (Laughing...) (Shaking head...)

Wonder why but Wakanoho has become my number one dislike-rikishi. Ranking rikishi based on like or dislike is a bit childlish but Wakanoho just annoys me greatly. There is something irritating in the mix of attitude, Kakizoe-tachi-ai and jumping pulldowns and his overall stuff. Granted, he is also strong and has good stuff but the bad stuff is sooo annoying.

Also I think it is quite a shame to do Kakizoe tachi-ai and be over 190cm tall and yet use that leaning leverage to commit jumping pulldowns. Should be banned. At least Kakizoe never does those, not that he actually could easily due to short stature but Wakanoho gets good advantage of the waiting tachi-ai leaning posture to do his irritating sumo.

It is extremely rare I favour Shoryu in any bout but against Wakanoho I certainly did and probably will. Wakanoho doesn't need my support, he has his solid fan base.

Great action shots...Thanks for sharing Fay...

Kintamayama -

Ok.

Nearest 3 bouts, no no no, maybe next year. The guy is too unmature.

Nearest 3 bouts, no no no, maybe next year.

His 'nearest 3 bouts' against Asashoryu will be in next year, if Wakanoho falls down the banzuke a little bit. So OY could be right...

The Sumo Kyokai needs to archive today's Wakanoho vs Ama bout, so that people a hundred years from now will be able to see what a perfect utchari looks like.

Wonder why but Wakanoho has become my number one dislike-rikishi. Ranking rikishi based on like or dislike is a bit childlish but Wakanoho just annoys me greatly. There is something irritating in the mix of attitude, Kakizoe-tachi-ai and jumping pulldowns and his overall stuff. Granted, he is also strong and has good stuff but the bad stuff is sooo annoying.

Come on Kakitsune...

Can you tell me the name of one nineteen year old boy on planet earth who ISN'T annoying.(Laughing...)

Edited by hidenohana

The Sumo Kyokai needs to archive today's Wakanoho vs Ama bout, so that people a hundred years from now will be able to see what a perfect utchari looks like.

Definitely one of the highlights of this basho for me. (Laughing...)

I'm still pretty much a novice concerning sumo technique, so watching it live on TV it looked like an impossible move -- like Ama flipped him over while both were completely off the ground. On the replay I can see Ama using his leg as a pivot.

Edited by Umigame

I agree. One of the most impressive I've ever seen!