Sign in to follow this  
Zentoryu

Rikishi Status?

Any news at all on who's genki this basho?

Who's healthy and who isn't?

We know that Maru is out, but that's it so far.

I've learned lately from our learned friends that if you have the "status" (kosho..) you always stay out next basho. Hence, I do believe Kaio and Chiyotaikai will be out for sure as well. same goes for Ushiomaru..

Hmm, yes.

I was thinking more along the lines of how guys like Kotomitsuki, Tochiazuma, Takamisakari, Wakanosato, etc, were doing.

I believe Kotomitsuki had some kind of arm trouble last basho. Tochiazuma clearly hadn't recovered from his injuries, though he did manage KK, and there was obviously something wrong with Wakanosato. The guy looked like he had taken a tranquilizer.  :-)

Of course, Takamisakari also suffered some kind of leg injury as well that robbed him of his power over the final few days.

It'll be interesting to see what condition this group of rikishi is in during Hatsu.

On a side note, to illustrate how bad my Bench Sumo picks were last basho, two of the above mentioned rikishi (Wakanosato and Takamisakari) were on my team, along with Buyuzan, Ushiomaru, and Tochinonada. No wonder I finished 4-11 with the lowest point total of any competing rikishi.   :~-(

Takamisakari looked in serious trouble for the last six bouts but I thought it was

As for Ushiomaru hasnt he dropped to the Juryo division,along with Buyuzan,Asanowaka and Tochisakae?

Yes, all these four dropped down as can be seen on the official juryo banzuke page.

As before Nekonishiki-zeki has done an incredible job and once again offers the full banzuke! (Aww...)

Any news forthcoming on whos out for Hatsu? Theres less than a week to go now.

So far Kaio and Maru are known to be out. Chiyotaikai I guess is looking to participate, risking is kosho status and his Ozeki-hood.

Taka is anybody's guess, as always.

As far as everyone else, we should know for sure within the next 24 hours or so as the day 1 torikumi should be released pretty soon.

Thanks Zentoryu,Ireally wanted to know because it would help me with my picks for Roto Sumo,Any news on Takamisikari?

According to Japan Today/Kyodo News, Kokonoe-Oyakata and Chiyotaikai have decided to withdraw after all:

TOKYO

Hi!

These guys are listed as Kyujo:

East Yokozuna Musashimaru (Musashigawa Beya)

West Ozeki Chiyotaikai (Kokonoe Beya) [public injury]

East Ozeki Kaio (Tomozuna Beya)

West Juryo #4 Ushiomaru (Azumazeki Beya) [public injury]

East Juryo #12 Tomikaze (Oguruma Beya)