Sign in to follow this  
Fujisan

Grand theft auto 4....

Anyone here counting the days till the arrival of Grand theft auto 4 in the shops or is it just me?

GTA San Andreas stole half my life,I expect the next one to do the same.

I've played every game in the series, and so far every new version topped the previous one.

Funny thing is the game will be in stores on my birthday (29th).

Edited by Faustonowaka

San andreas didn't just top the old games,it topped everything,I have never seen games the same since.

Nice birthday present or will you buy it yourself?

Guest sumo.

I totally can't wait until GTA 4 is released to the public!

Though I might have to get it for the PS3...or at least save up some money to get the PS3. lol.

It's actually interesting to see what kind of upgrades they used for the game.

So far I heard it was like the police AI system was upgraded to a more difficult level, but I might be wrong on that.

Edited by sumo.

I will definately be buying it for the PS3,for me I use the Computer for the internet and the PS3 for games....

As for the police AI I think its a given that it will be be much tougher this time and apparently you cant just respray your car to escape this time...

Guest sumo.

Dang. They just had to throw it all away the easy stuff. lol

Well, this perhaps will make the game play better.

Oh my, I wonder what kinds of weapons and such they will have in there.

As for the police AI I think its a given that it will be be much tougher this time and apparently you cant just respray your car to escape this time...

I have since read that you can respray your car but unlike the previous games you cant just drive into the respray in front of the police or your wanted level will stay the same.

I see this game has been censored in NZ to remove the most offensive elements. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story....jectid=10506602

"Players could re-enact having sex with a prostitute, beating her bloody, taking her money and running her over with a car and shooting at police officers,"

Is it just me or is this game overstepping the boundarise of decency? the core values in society have been eroding for decades and games where you can perform vile and realistic anti social activites like this are the biggest selling games?

It is a sad indictment of society, whats next for GTA? or other extreme games, these games that seem to allow people the ability to live out abhorrent fantasies, the ability for pedophiles to do sick things to children? where is the line drawn? pedophilia?, necrophilia? beastiality?

:-)

Personally I think of games like GTA as playing a part in a film,I play the part of a sociopath that doesn't make me a sociopath for real or anything even close.

That said there was a report in the news that someone standing in the queue to buy the game stabbed a passerby(They survived)which isn't a great sign.

I went to buy the game at 3 am only to find that Asdas(Walmart) had sold out already but was able to buy it from Tescos which was still well stocked.

First thoughts on the game...

Not as good as San Andreas but its still one of the best games on the market,I'm reserving full judgement untill I have got used to the new gameplay elements.

The graphics are the best I have seen in any game by far and the cityscape is massive if a little confusing at times.

One thing that does get on my nerves is you cant even brush against the local populace without starting a fight,the first two people I knocked into fell flat on their faces and its nearly impossible in the packed streets to avoid bumping into people.

This isn't the sunny climes of San andreas anymore its the gritty down and dirty streets of liberty City,go to the beach and see the alcoholics sitting on benches happily getting out of their head,twice I have jumped a wall while searching the back alleyways and landed on a bum sat on the other side.

Another bit of realism previously missing I notice after finishing one the missions running over two pedestrians on the way,when I parked up you could see the blood on the front of the car,realistic and slightly unnerving at the same time.

Enjoy!

Not many weapons to be had this time,so far I have found two handguns,Molotov cocktails(In a sheltered area behind the bowling alley),Grenades(In the center of the world globe) and a machine gun which I lost track of due to being arested but where in an alley way near the pub where you play pool.

I was also able to part a gang member from his Shotgun.

Be careful where you wander on the airport I didn't and got a four star wanted level for my trouble.