Sign in to follow this  
Kaikitsune Makoto

Methamphetamine in Japan

Japan is unique in that methamphetamine in 100% pure form was freely available after second world war. Japan's military left huge storages of meth and i.v usage was common and was sold legally in pharmacies. Then declaration came "Meth brings national ruin" in 1954 and police and other authorities got rid of the problem. Yakuza then started another epidemy in 1980s and in 1990s again.

Do you know methamphetamine? It is more potent than amphetamine. Psychosis can occur. Meth psychosis is not nice for anyone. People get violent, paranoid, unpredictable and often use knives to get rid of bugs under the skin.

Japanese drug addicts have been rather loyal to meth although lately cocaine, cannabis and others have become more common.

Yes, meth is a big problem in North America as well. Price wars with crack cocain. Crazy stuff. Don't touch either as I hear it is instant addiction (luckily I have no experience with them).

Yes, meth is a big problem in North America as well. Price wars with crack cocain. Crazy stuff. Don't touch either as I hear it is instant addiction (luckily I have no experience with them).

I am so full of meth that it has totally ran my life for the past weeks but only a handful of forum members know why :-)

Methamphetamine is not physically so addictive actually. More so mentally. There is no severe physical withdrawal syndrome like there is in case of heroine for example. Meth is HUGE in Oceania. Australians sure like to go high on meth. 1,2% of ALL ER visits in one big hospital in Australia were meth related and that is a quite something.

Japan has many veteran meth addicts who have used for decades. Many of them have persistent psychosis.

Meth is HUGE in Oceania. Australians sure like to go high on meth. 1,2% of ALL ER visits in one big hospital in Australia were meth related and that is a quite something.

I'm glad you pointed this out as I was just about to post something to this effect. Methamphetamine are currently causing lots of problems in Australia and NZ as a relatively cheap but highly addictive drug that is causing large amounts of violence for those who are psychotic or who are commiting crime to fuel their addiciton. Generally it is called "ice" in Australia and "P" in NZ. You can just see some of the coverage it is getting if you search NZ or Australian newspapers in the past couple of years with these terms.

I am so full of meth that it has totally ran my life for the past weeks...

This sounds incredibly scary coming from you, but gives much insight into your many stream-of-consciousness monologues :-)

Okay, knowing you, you mean this some other way, such as you have recently been dealing with meth patients or abuse in your family so now you are dedicating your life to fighting the epidemic? Not to pry...but it sounds dangerous at first glance...

Meth is certainly ruining huge swaths of the south and Midwest. It is the number one cause of crime across all of Western Kentucky. This I know from experience. There are some mongrel versions of meth cooked in mason jars and a lot of "home-factory" operations being busted every week, cooking big batches in bathtubs. Unfortunately many of these are discovered via tragic accidents, chemical burns, fires, explosions, etc.

The common farm fertilizer used for bathtub meth became highly regulated in rural America after the epidemic was recognized, as with the OTC medications being combined with battery acids and lots of other garbage for the mongrel varieties. This still doesn't stop the enterprising home-labbers, nor has federal intervention. I believe meth is a recently-added prong in our so-called "war against drugs" but it is very silly that it is still weighted evenly with cannabis...

Okay, knowing you, you mean this some other way, such as you have recently been dealing with meth patients or abuse in your family so now you are dedicating your life to fighting the epidemic? Not to pry...but it sounds dangerous at first glance...

I have been dealing with meth papers. Research thingie. We have more of amphetamine in Finland so far but meth has already arrived and is more and more here too. Haven't abused meth as I get my nucleus accumbens satisfied by other means.

I hope all of you take good care of your nucleus accumbens. It is one major pleasure center and reward center. If for example Nishinoshima goes hunting for cousins and sees a prospective cousin showing her nipple in a luring way and Nishinoshima's earlier experience is that sexual encounter is probable when this happens, then his nucleus accumbens and the whole damn mesolimbic dopamine pathway gets all active as there is a prospective "reward" ahead. Same may happen when former meth addict sees a familiar setting like a rock resembling that "ice" or cocaine addict sees some nice looking powder. All people want to obey their reward center.

Oh, what meth does is to release especially dopamine in the brain's various parts. It also releases noradrenaline and that is why there is aggression, high blood pressure, dilated pupils. Dilated ego comes as a combo of dopamine and noradrenaline excess.

Be well without meth. Meth brings national ruin.

Yes, KM is right. The basil ganglia are very important. Take care of your substantia nigra, subthalamic nucleus, and all the rest. Play a major role in learning as well as part of reward pathways. A healthy mid-brain is a happy mid-brain.

Edited by Otokonoyama
serotonin struggle

I must say the more you tell us about this ice the more attractive it seems. I don't know if I'm willing to switch addictions from nipples quite yet though.

(Spooky TV program...)

Edited by kaiguma