Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

YDC convenes after Hatsu 2008

...... no one spells Hakuho as Hakuhou or Asashoryu as Asashouryuu here or on the English version of the official sumo sites.

Hmmmmm ... it's been 20 minutes already and no word from Moti. He must have a heavy date tonite. (On the banzuke...)

Sorry..I was watching Maccabi's game tonight at a friend's house-one of the best basketball games I have ever seen in Europe - beat Aris Thesaloniki in overtime.

Much, much more fascinating than the roouoouomaji debate, which for once, did not involve me.

I'm actually pretty sick of the standard PR taught answers of most sports stars these days. No point in watching them speak.

BTW, I watched サンデースポーツ on NHK/TVJapan this past Sunday when 白鵬 was on. He was very well spoken and it was nice to hear him speak when he wasn't out of breath and sweating profusely right after a match! They also replayed the match umpteen times and had several poster sized blow-ups of pictures taken during the match... but he was quite modest at all times.  I bet the interview is online somewhere but I haven't had any luck finding it. I really should have recorded it myself...

Harry,

Any chance you can mention the rikishi you are writing about here? I don't understand those symbols. I would appreciate it if you would name him.

Thanks

philafuji

My reply to this went wildly off-topic, so I posted it elsewhere.

...... no one spells Hakuho as Hakuhou or Asashoryu as Asashouryuu here or on the English version of the official sumo sites.

Hmmmmm ... it's been 20 minutes already and no word from Moti. He must have a heavy date tonite. ;-)

Sorry..I was watching Maccabi's game tonight at a friend's house-one of the best basketball games I have ever seen in Europe - beat Aris Thesaloniki in overtime.

Much, much more fascinating than the roouoouomaji debate, which for once, did not involve me.

...except that someone called you 'no one'.

B-)

Hmmmmm ... it's been 20 minutes already and no word from Moti. He must have a heavy date tonite. ;-)

...except that someone called you 'no one'.

B-)

Oh, I missed that..

Like I said, romaji is bad!  Please, everyone install Japanese fonts so I can write in kana (Whistling...)

Only if you isntall Japanese comprehension into my brain.

Like I said, romaji is bad!  Please, everyone install Japanese fonts so I can write in kana (Whistling...)

I'm going to quit writing the Japanese stuff in the Ozumo forum before I get banned but if you ever want some quick Japanese-for-sumo cheat sheets let me know and I'll put something in the Japan-Japanese forum with the common characters and words you'll encounter in this domain.

Like I said, romaji is bad!  Please, everyone install Japanese fonts so I can write in kana (Bow...)

I'm going to quit writing the Japanese stuff in the Ozumo forum before I get banned but if you ever want some quick Japanese-for-sumo cheat sheets let me know and I'll put something in the Japan-Japanese forum with the common characters and words you'll encounter in this domain.

oh please do! ;-)