Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Asashouryuu return preparations

Asa went to the special YDC meeting to apologize. "I profoundly apologize. From now on, I will return to my initial intentions and will make a great effort", he said, with his Oyakata standing by him. The YDC seems to have been totally appeased by this apology. "He apologized well at the KKan. The cloudy skies have become sunny", said former chairman Ishibashi. It lasted 20 minutes and 3-4 members asked him various questions. "His attitude was positive and he was meek and bowed his head. It seemed as if he truly has been reflecting upon his deeds", said a satisfied Ms. Uchidate. Chairman Ebisawa did add, however, that any sort of repetition of this kind of conduct would be met more harshly the next time, but added, " Let's leave this all behind. We shall be watching carefully in the future.."

At the party:

20071130-00000175-mai-spo-thum-000.jpg

20071130-563773-1-L.jpg

So good this thing is out of the way and we can look forward to the next basho.

I was afraid that what was going on was a greek tragedy. But Asashoryu simply apologized: and YDC and even Ms. Uchidate are happy (just TWENTY minutes ! after all the things that happened and all the things that were said !!!). And the terrible press conference with terrible questions by terrible journalists ? 49 minutes only !!!!! So luckily it just ended as a comedy, with all the actors performing their parts well ! (Or is it really a farce with Takasago as the main actor ? ). Can I take a long sigh of relief for now ?

So good this thing is out of the way and we can look forward to the next basho.

Yesss! Too bad it's so far away.

Asashoryu several years ago, several months ago would not have spoken in the manner he spoke today with the degree of humility he used today.

He spoke in a a self confident form but in doing so was extremely deferential to the folk asking the questions, to those listening and to the Japanese nation in general. To the Japanese media, this was not the man you are used to.

The man you saw today declaring 大好き for sumo is not a man with much arrogance left. He is a man now aware of his place. He is a man willing to work within borders set.

Asashoryu several years ago, several months ago would not have spoken in the manner he spoke today with the degree of humility he used today.

He spoke in a a self confident form but in doing so was extremely deferential to the folk asking the questions, to those listening and to the Japanese nation in general. To the Japanese media, this was not the man you are used to.

The man you saw today declaring 大好き for sumo is not a man with much arrogance left. He is a man now aware of his place. He is a man willing to work within borders set.

He looks very confident and much more grown up.

He did right, after all it is only way to achieve

Now road is open, it is time emerge as WINNER.......gambarize, kick some a$$e$$$$$$

Edited by Ikh Mongol Dagvadorj

asked about the story in a Mongolian paper about him getting drunk in a bar and causing trouble, he said, "It's a good newspaper with good intentions..". He denied the story.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gIEQ2t...26XHi_69pXusu5A

Citing mental depression, he went home for treatment in late August while the sumo world, long dogged by allegations of match-rigging, was embroiled in another scandal over the death of an apprentice in brutal training.

"At one time, I could neither grasp what I was doing nor control my feelings. But my home country has served as good medicine for me," he said. "I feel quite calm after seeing my parents, wife and children."

He denied that he had faked injuries to go home in July to Mongolia where he and his family have reportedly built a business empire.

Asashoryu said he had been prodded by the Mongolian football association, the Japanese embassy and other people to take part in the charity match.

"I was only supposed to hand out T-shirts but I played at their prodding. Of course, it was all my fault," he explained. "I was in pain at that time. It felt electric. My grip was weak and it went numb when it was touched."

At home, Asashoryu was cocooned by his associates but closely followed by Japanese media spawning rumours ranging from a marital crisis to wild nights on the town.

He was asked about a report that he had started a bar-room brawl, an act that would have violated the conditions under which he was allowed to leave Japan.

"That's an irresponsible newspaper. You bear it in mind and you'd better think hard before asking a question," he fired back.

20071130-00000966-san-spo-thum-000.jpg good picture. - Looks like he knows very well now about friendly japan

20071130-563545-1-L.jpg

Edited by Ikh Mongol Dagvadorj

Watch clip of the tv coverage at info-sumo: http://www.info-sumo.net/info/modules.php?...opic&t=4112

He looks very cool headed and focused. I think he is back in the business.

yup, we want to see him like that, cool headed, focused and ready to fight

pc:- thanks for this link http://www.info-sumo.net. i did not know that many videos are there

All's well. I bet even Kintamayama-san doesn't feel so bad about the apologizing business now. On with the bah-show!

Is this the END of story?

I think - NO.

Was it public apologizing?

I think - NO.

It was public insulting of ASASHORY.

I hope he will neve foget it.

I hope he will beat everyone on his way ...

"The story will be continued ..."

( YOKOZUNA is segun - TSAR in sumo.

Nobodys can to point him out "What he must to do". )

Glad he is back. Feels like a new beginning. I wish him to do his best, but not out of anger. That feeling must have had changed.

Someone just wondered if he was fingerprinted at the airport. Talk about letting dodgy characters into the country...
Foreign celebrities are routinely fingerprinted upon entering the US, and I imagine it is no different with the new law in Japan. Naturally, VIP facilities are available, but the immigration procedures apply to all.
Foreign celebrities are routinely fingerprinted upon entering the US, and I imagine it is no different with the new law in Japan. Naturally, VIP facilities are available, but the immigration procedures apply to all.

I was being facetious...

Clearly you were Cass. Still, perhaps some foreign residents of Japan and those interested in Japan are curious about the new fingerprinting & photographing procedures at Japanese immigration. I posted not to correct you, only to clarify for those unsure of what the new regulations meant.

All's well. I bet even Kintamayama-san doesn't feel so bad about the apologizing business now. On with the bah-show!

No, I don't.. I just hope everyone focuses on the meat for a change.

Asa went to Sadogatake beya today to pay his respects at the late ex-Kotozakura's tombstone. He was very close to the deceased, and used to come often to degeiko when he was shisho. "He was a great man. He had a generous heart and loved sumo very much.", he said. When he passed away, Asa was in the middle of his mental crisis and couldn't attend the funeral. "I was heartbroken. I should have been the first person to be there, but I couldn't go..", he added quietly.

Today he will be traveling to Kyushu for the winter jungyo which commences tomorrow. "I'm gradually settling in. I hope to do my usual good keiko", he summed.

Asa at Sadogatake-beya:

f-sp-071201-0212-ns.jpg

20071201-00000014-maip-spo-view-000.jpg

The 8th Samurai:

20071201-00000020-jijp-spo-view-000.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

The Yuukan Fuji is not "buying " Asa's apologies. In a provocative article, they maintain that nothing has changed with his attitude and that it's all one big show. They even say he's probably thinking "Enough already with this endless treading of water.. It's all over..". The article said he could be seen sighing and glaring at the journalists during the press conference, and published this picture of a seemingly scowling Asashouryuu:

20071201-00000015-ykf-spo-thum-000.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

Personally i found this whole fuss about Asashoryu a bit ludicrous. I really didn't bother at all ... i am here for the Sumo.

only scandal that bothered me was the death in Tokitsukaze beya.

Too beautiful to be true, I am afraid. The man has chosen the right way: I was not faking my injuries + I admit the mistake + I explain it happened because I am so nice a person + I accept the punishment + I am ready and determined to go on. It was what I always thought he had to do, and he did it very well, as we have seen from the TV. Now: is everything true or is he intelligent or has he got a good instinct or does he only want to come back and win again and show everybody who is the best ? probably a good mixture of all the above .

The Yuukan Fuji is not "buying " Asa's apologies. In a provocative article, they maintain that nothing has changed with his attitude and that it's all one big show. They even say he's probably thinking "Enough already with this endless treading of water.. It's all over..".

I think that they can be right just in the sense that everyone played his part in the comedy. On their side, YDC best wish was probably to be taken out of such an unfortunate situation without spreading too much blood around, and Asashoryu's perfect attitude helped them very much.

The article said he could be seen sighing and glaring at the journalists during the press conference, and published this picture of a seemingly scowling Asashouryuu:

This on the contrary is really childish: you can take a picture from any anybody's press conference and maintain that exactly that expression shows a or b or c, whatever you want.

I am back (at the same time !) after a four-month-long boycott due to what-you-know. I am glad to see Him again ! He looks OK, that's well.

Personally i found this whole fuss about Asashoryu a bit ludicrous. I really didn't bother at all ... i am here for the Sumo.

only scandal that bothered me was the death in Tokitsukaze beya.

Agreed. However, even horrible scandals that happen in areas where the NSK bears direct responsibility get routinely swept under the carpet, while alleged mini-scandals involvng a foreign yokozuna are about saving the heart and sould of sumo. This is what bothers me.

The Yuukan Fuji is not "buying " Asa's apologies.

The more conservative Houchi is joining the negative voices as well. They are reporting that right after the first press conference when Asa entered an elevator to got to the YDC meeting, he blurted "SHIT" at the journalists who were chasing him and gave them a dirty look. "This proves that there is nothing new with him.." offered the reporter who seemed to be personally offended by something.

Asa in elevator looking mean and badass:

20071201-564850-1-L.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

..... They are reporting that right after the first press conference when Asa entered an elevator to got to the YDC meeting, he blurted "SHIT" at the journalists who were chasing him ....

Did the reporter say what the question was ?

20071201-564850-1-L.jpg

Luckily we have again a clear view of how naughty he looks !!!

..... They are reporting that right after the first press conference when Asa entered an elevator to got to the YDC meeting, he blurted "SHIT" at the journalists who were chasing him

I'd say that is desparate attempt from opposite side.

Isn't it triumphant return?

r520139201.jpgcapt.4e677e6041784614a869dd0615af4b2e.japan_sumo_asashoryu_xkk103.jpgcapt.430bae44ad47446194c6f6ff994610c4.japan_remorseful_champion_tok107.jpg

Asashoryu came back as winner out of these situation.