Sign in to follow this  
Ryukaze

Please read.......

Hey guys I know I haven't posted in a while.........I am normally not one to post anything personal but in the hopes that someone will be able to be of help with regards to this situation in someway I will. My brother was recently killed in action in Iraq ( when the Humvee he was in struck an I.E.D.) It has been a difficult situation but my family and I are dealing with it, (he was my only brother and sibling.) Anyhow he was a big myspace user and he had a myspace page that he always used to keep in touch with his friends, us and everyone he knew, especially his fiancee (who had been living with my parents awaiting his return.) So in hopes of keeping his memory alive to those he knew I was hoping to somehow keep his myspace profile up so that his firends and everyone he knew could continue to post comments, pictures and keep in touch with each other. Unfortunately I need his email address and pasword or his account to do this (which only he knew......) I have had little luck in getting a response to my emails from "myspace customer service" with regards to this, would anyone happen to know if there is any other way I could contact them over this issue (a mailing address, phone number, a person even anything at all???) Contact information for myspace seems rather scarce from what I have tried to find but knowing there are many of you here who know so much more than I, I was hoping someone could help me out with this issue if possible (getting my brothers email and password so that I can log in and keep his myspace page up and going.) If so it would mean a great deal to my family and all those who knew my brother, thanks for listening and thanks for any help. - "Ryu"

I'm sorry to hear of your brothers death.

There is an address on the german myspace page, nothing else:

MySpace, Inc.

8391 Beverly Blvd, #349

Los Angeles

CA 90048

USA

Sorry for your loss. As a service member I know the dangers and the realities, but it's always difficult when it strikes close to home.

Sorry to hear that, thats heavy news, hang in there dude. Perhaps if myspace are being difficult try the route of getting his email log in account details - depending on which email service he used, perhaps if you explained the situation and furnished some proof they would give you access to his email. If you did that you could get the myspace log-in emailed to you or reset.

My condolences for your loss.

I am not technically minded so I cannot provide any assistance regarding this, but I wish you well in your quest.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I think sekihiryu's idea of trying to go through his email provider is a good one. Also, if you have access to his computer and he used a "real" email client (rather than webmail), maybe he still has his signup email from Myspace saved somewhere that might include his account password...

Thanks for your responses guys, yeah I finally got an email back from myspace customer service, they clearly stated that under no circumstances can they give out a users email and password to a third party even if I give them the necessary documentation as proof of my brothers passing (which seems hella dumb as hell, I mean even assuming I am someone just out to do no good I would be able to have his account deleted completely before they will give me his password information wtf???) seems awfully damb silly but nothing I can do. His email service would not give me his password to log in to his account either but they did say they could email a copy of all that is currently contained inside (so hopefully his myspace info is in there somewhere.........) Other than that he had a computer in Iraq so maybe when we get that back I can look and check to see if he has it stored there somewhere, aside from that I guess I'm screwed. Again thanks so much to all who responded with a reply, peace and god bless.

Thanks for your responses guys, yeah I finally got an email back from myspace customer service, they clearly stated that under no circumstances can they give out a users email and password to a third party even if I give them the necessary documentation as proof of my brothers passing (which seems hella dumb as hell, I mean even assuming I am someone just out to do no good I would be able to have his account deleted completely before they will give me his password information wtf???) seems awfully damb silly but nothing I can do. His email service would not give me his password to log in to his account either but they did say they could email a copy of all that is currently contained inside (so hopefully his myspace info is in there somewhere.........) Other than that he had a computer in Iraq so maybe when we get that back I can look and check to see if he has it stored there somewhere, aside from that I guess I'm screwed. Again thanks so much to all who responded with a reply, peace and god bless.

Not necessarily screwed. If you wanted to be a little inventive, you could just go to his myspace page, and start lifting and copying the images and information. Even as a "print screen" or whatever. Most stuff can just be highlighted and copied. Once you have accumulated as much of the stuff as you can, maybe you can rebuild or replicate a new myspace page in his honor, and notify all the people you find on his "friends" list. From there, it can just go down the grapevine. Whatever way you capture the stuff, just put it all back together to make a nice copy of his site.

Basically just copy his pages and put them in a new place to keep it going. You won't get his private emails, and stuff like that, but maybe that isn't necessary. Those belong to him, and maybe he would like it to stay that way. But as far as the public stuff, I think it would be great to save it, and keep it going. Plus you could add a memorial page, and then all his friends could leave their thoughts.

condolences,

Todd