Sign in to follow this  
Guest WWW

How do you work around time zones?

Guest WWW

My apologies if this has been asked before, but...

There's a 13 hour time difference between where I live and Japan. I suspect I'm not the only in this boat but looking at the myriad ways that allow for watching sumo in North America, I've yet to find one that allows me to not wake up in the wee hours of the morning to watch sumo.

Long story short, I'm looking for a way to watch sumo at a reasonable hour in my time zone. Any suggestions?

Advance thanks for any help that might be forthcoming.

My apologies if this has been asked before, but...

There's a 13 hour time difference between where I live and Japan. I suspect I'm not the only in this boat but looking at the myriad ways that allow for watching sumo in North America, I've yet to find one that allows me to not wake up in the wee hours of the morning to watch sumo.

Long story short, I'm looking for a way to watch sumo at a reasonable hour in my time zone. Any suggestions?

Advance thanks for any help that might be forthcoming.

http://www.banzuke.com

they have videos up under "Sumo Videos", they are up in resonable time after the matches are concluded and you can watch when you have the time (and are awake (Weeping...) )

http://www.banzuke.com

they have videos up under "Sumo Videos", they are up in resonable time after the matches are concluded and you can watch when you have the time (and are awake ;-) )

that's the part of the problem (Weeping...), even if I manage to keep awake the stream wouldn't work always (Showing respect...).

Another alternative: Do you know the freeware-program SDP-Downloader?

With this you can record and save the live-stream. O.k. the live-stream has not the best quality, but it's better than nothing and you can watch the bouts whenever you want.

Edited by Tikozan

Another alternative: Do you know the freeware-program SDP-Downloader?

Thank you for the tip. Played with SDP last night and like the results. Now that I will have monster .asf files available, can I get a recommendation for a program to save video cuts out of the larger file?

Now that I will have monster .asf files available, can I get a recommendation for a program to save video cuts out of the larger file?

same with me (but i used vlc player yesterday and today) and cut the .asf with steeper (click). very small, very easy to handle and freeware.

Thank you Tikozan, it works no more sleepless night (In a state of confusion...)

Now that I will have monster .asf files available, can I get a recommendation for a program to save video cuts out of the larger file?

same with me (but i used vlc player yesterday and today) and cut the .asf with steeper (click). very small, very easy to handle and freeware.

Another good find. Thanks to both of you. (Sign of approval...)

...and another good news: banzuke.com is back with the videos up from day 10...