Doitsuyama

Sumo Reference Updates

Senkoho    432

Could someone explain this to me? Looks like the DB is not really  familiar with the 2017 Kyushu banzuke...

(works fine for other basho)

Edited by Senkoho

Asashosakari    8,862
46 minutes ago, Senkoho said:

Could someone explain this to me? Looks like the DB is not really  familiar with the 2017 Kyushu banzuke...

Works. ;-)

The basho display counter needs to be changed from 2 to 1, because otherwise it's trying to access non-existent 201801 data which causes the query output to go blank.

Senkoho    432
8 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

Works. ;-)

The basho display counter needs to be changed from 2 to 1, because otherwise it's trying to access non-existent 201801 data which causes the query output to go blank.

thanks for the link!

I'm 100% sure this wasn't an issue before, though. I've used this query many times and never had to switch the counter to 1.

Asashosakari    8,862
39 minutes ago, Senkoho said:

I'm 100% sure this wasn't an issue before, though. I've used this query many times and never had to switch the counter to 1.

Yes, I agree. Maybe there's usually some dummy data for future tournaments which hasn't been added this time, I'm not sure.

Doitsuyama    981
On 14.11.2017 at 18:22, Asashosakari said:

Yes, I agree. Maybe there's usually some dummy data for future tournaments which hasn't been added this time, I'm not sure.

Not really dummy data, it's the basho table entry with data like venue, start and end date which was still missing. I added the next 18 basho now according to the dates on the NSK site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 15/11/2017 at 15:56, McBugger said:

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Rikishi.aspx?r=12316

Kotokumazoe's day 1 win doesn't show up in his rikishi information page- however, it is reflected in his basho record and does show up in his hoshitori breakdown. 

This is true for a bunch of the Makushita guys--I didn't go through the whole list, but all the ones I looked at had this problem.

Asashosakari    8,862

Yes, as Pandaazuma mentioned a few posts up, all the hoshitori markers are missing for Day 1 in the lower divisions.

In addition, the fusen result for Ishihara vs Shimizu on Day 4 wasn't accounted for correctly.

sgm    0
On 11/9/2017 at 02:44, Doitsuyama said:

I had to move the sumogames websites to a different (and better) server as the old server somehow wasn't able to view the sumo.or.jp website. The new DNS entry might not be there for everybody at once, but usually is available in a matter of a few hours, up to a day. If you see any hickups (which I actually expect with such a big change) please write here or in the games bugs section.

Entry for the sumo games should be possible now.

Thank you for the excellent database!

During this basho, I got the error message "404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." a few times. This is not a big deal though, as I can usually access to the website in 10-20 minutes. Can it be related to the new server?

Something is wrong with the daily results.
http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Results.aspx?b=201711&d=9&simple=on&l=e

In Column 7 (kekka of the east side rikishi) after Aoiyama's result 2-3-4, ALL the east siders get the value of Aoiyama's 4 yasumi.
(Same for the Japanese page)

And the same problem with Sandanme and Jonokuchi.
There wasn't such problem yesterday.

• Thanks 1

Asashosakari    8,862

Additional note: These extra yasumi were already added to their records before today's results were accounted for, as the hide-results view indicates.

I noticed that yesterday it was the other way around, i.e. Shimizu in jonokuchi (record before Day 9: 0-2-2) was listed as only 0-2 on the Day 9 torikumi in the DB, while the banzuke view had him correctly at 0-2-2.