Doitsuyama

Sumo Reference Updates

3 minutes ago, shumitto said:

I've just realized that when I've finished watching a bout, the next one starts playing automatically. I haven't use the DB lately for videos so I have no idea when this feature was implemented, but thank you, it is very handy.

Depends on the length of the Utube entry.  Some of them are only a single match, and the DB entry is for the Utube title only.  For entries containing many matches, the DB entry has the title and the time within the video that the match begins.  For those you get started at the specified time and then can watch until the stream ends.

• Like 1

Sd37e Minatosho is 2-1 but he is listed as 3-0 in the far left column.

Jd10w Muramatsu won on day 9 by hansoku but it is marked with a white square indicative of a fusen win.

Edited by Bumpkin

I notice there are some issues with head to head records. For example, Kagayaki is 3-2 against Arawashi, but their head to head record is listed at 6-2 for the former (see below). Similarly, Onosho has a 2-1 edge on Daiki, but their meetings are listed as 2-2.

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Rikishi_opp.aspx?r=2832&r2=11845

Edited by Katooshu
  • Like 2

On 20.9.2016 at 15:28, Asashosakari said:

Osunaarashi's daily records since Day 7 are lacking his one-day yasumi.

Looks like the fact that the Kyokai's version of the torikumi doesn't include absences in the rikishi records has made the DB stumble a few times. Lots of wrong daily results and also some overall records.

The database is and has been running in super slow motion.  Please fix.  Thank you.

8 hours ago, Bumpkin said:

The database is and has been running in super slow motion.  Please fix.  Thank you.

Whew!  Thought it was just my computer.

On 9/25/2016 at 16:09, Tenshinhan said:

The Jonidan playoff Shuji vs Kurahashi isn't listed as a "Day 16" bout yet.

Still not listed.  I did notice that Shuji's shikona is Shuji Shuji.  Is this unique?

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 22:09, Tenshinhan said:

The Jonidan playoff Shuji vs Kurahashi isn't listed as a "Day 16" bout yet.

The Kyokai website used to display kettei-sen bouts on the senshuraku torikumi pages, but this one isn't shown, likely an(other) oversight following the recent revamp. There's nothing for the database to grab, so Doitsuyama will likely have to add it manually.

On 3.4.2016 at 18:10, Senkoho said:

The SumoParis Youtube channel has some old Eurosport digests from 2000. I will to be adding video links for Natsu 2000. Can anyone help me out and do some other basho?

Yes. I just added Hatsu 2000 (13-15), Haru 2000 (13-15), Aki 2000 (7-15) and Kyushu 2000 (8-15) to the database.

• Like 1

The final bout of Misugisato's career, a win over Kotokanyu, is incorrectly shown as a defeat in the "by basho" section. There's a nice little story here as Misugisato knew after he stood at 1-8 after nine days that demotion was inevitable, but he also knew that his shisho wouldn't let him compete in makushita next basho, and he was two short of 700 career wins. So he fought on and after clinching his 700th victory on Day 12, he then retired. (I know here it says 698, but the Kyokai include his two maezumo wins, giving him 700.)

Edited by ryafuji
link was wrong

12 hours ago, ryafuji said:

The final bout of Misugisato's career, a win over Kotokanyu, is incorrectly shown as a defeat in the "by basho" section. There's a nice little story here as Misugisato knew after he stood at 1-8 after nine days that demotion was inevitable, but he also knew that his shisho wouldn't let him compete in makushita next basho, and he was two short of 700 career wins. So he fought on and after clinching his 700th victory on Day 12, he then retired. (I know here it says 698, but the Kyokai include his two maezumo wins, giving him 700.)

This looks like a disconnect between the bouts database and the results database.  The two appear to be completely disconnected, perhaps because there are plenty of basho for which there are no bouts available, or only for some matches and not others.

On 23.5.2016 at 07:11, Asashosakari said:

Some kind of glitch related to guys who had 0 wins or 0 losses in Natsu, they don't show up in queries at the moment.

Edit: It affects the Haru results as well.

This is again a problem with the Aki results.

Could you make any API for direct access to database? Existing interface are not suitable for some purposes.

Thanks for all error reports, I think I have corrected the problems recently mentioned in this thread.

And no, there will not be any API for direct access to the database.

• Like 3

The database says that Ishiura's and Chiyotairyu's head-to-head is 3-0, but only shows two bouts between them in the past.

18 minutes ago, Senkoho said:

The database says that Ishiura's and Chiyotairyu's head-to-head is 3-0, but only shows two bouts between them in the past.

Related report elsewhere:

As far as I can tell, both head-to-heads were corrupted on Day 11 in Aki basho, and spot-checking a few more bouts from that day, I think they're all wrong.

• Like 1

Maybe there's a historical reason I'm not aware of, but: In 1940.05, why is third-place Sagamigawa (12-3) marked as the jun-yusho rikishi, while second-place Itsutsushima (13-2) isn't...?

Why does Sekiwake come up as invalid rank for a query? What is the correct term?

4 hours ago, Rocks said:

Why does Sekiwake come up as invalid rank for a query? What is the correct term?

It works just using S.