Sign in to follow this  
Ossetian Yokozuna

She is pretty. No?

Sasanishiki -

GOLTS ( or GOLTZ ) was born in Russia and living there.

She is in the Russian Wrestling Team for this reason.

( There was in 18-th and 19-th centures when many German familyes have arrived to Russia.

Many of germans was living Russia for their Faterland after Berlin Wall Falling. )

( There was in 18-th and 19-th centures when many German familyes have arrived to Russia.

Many of germans was living Russia for their Faterland after Berlin Wall Falling. )

Let me clear up history a bit here...my second subject at University and personal family history.

Zarin Katharina wanted Germans to come and settle in Russian kingdom, many came, many settled in the Ukraine for that reason. During World War ll, Hixxxx was calling those Germans "Heim ins Reich" to settle them down in the new German territory like Poland. (Most of them didn't want to go, cause they had to leave home, goods, animals and got deported.) But for the reason the War lasted longer then Hixxxx expected, those Germans had to wait in other countrys for up to 2 years like Czcech, there was one big "Lager"- almost like a KZ. After their arrival in Poland, the Polish families had to leave their homes and it was handed over to those Germans "Now it is all your's like the F

She is cute, but the most gorgeous sports woman to me is Kim clijsters (Holiday feeling...)

http://kimclijsters.sexysportschicks.com/kimphotos.html

She grew up pretty close to where I lived. If only...

Actually, I am happily married, but my wife forgives me my attraction to Kim because

a) Kim is not of the scary-slim types, and she is friendly.

b) Kim is unreachable enough not to be a threat.

As recompense for being allowed to have Kim posters, I am banned from having posters of any other woman (Holiday feeling...)

...it's Golts, not Holts.

That would be debatable in Russian.

Sure, but it's not much of a debate in this specific case where the two versions of her name are running at about 800 and zero ghits, respectively. I daresay the standard transliteration is G here, just like nobody's writing about AsashoLyu or the aforementioned Loho, to take up Petr's analogy.

(If I had wanted to be completely anal-retentive about it, I would have seized upon the possible Natalija/Natalia/Natalya difference as well, but even I know better than that.)

Edited by Asashosakari

My friends - sister and brother.

( She is 195 cm, and he more then 200 cm. )

f195a8ab4198.jpg

She is beauty. No?

1010aa16a549.jpg

a3a92b098f3e.jpg

66a67656c44e.jpg

Edited by Ossetian Yokozuna

Sure, but it's not much of a debate in this specific case where the two versions of her name are running at about 800 and zero ghits, respectively. I daresay the standard transliteration is G here, just like nobody's writing about AsashoLyu or the aforementioned Loho, to take up Petr's analogy.

(If I had wanted to be completely anal-retentive about it, I would have seized upon the possible Natalija/Natalia/Natalya difference as well, but even I know better than that.)

Yup, Russian standard transliteration is always 'G'. Ukrainian and Belarusian would usually be 'H'. Think of the footballer Aliaksandr Hleb -- in Russian it would be Gleb.

Russian for Hamburg: Gamburg

Russian for Hannover: Gannover

(I particularly like the last one)

I had to study Russian for 7 years, my lastname starts with H and I had to write it with "cha" )( -dunno how to get Kyryllic letters in here or I am too lazy...but I was never called "Gopp"

I had to study Russian for 7 years, my lastname starts with H and I had to write it with "cha" )( -dunno how to get Kyryllic letters in here or I am too lazy...but I was never called "Gopp"

Heh, I had to study Russian for 7 years as well. You don't even want to know the mess that became of my last name. At least the 'h' in it mercifully disappeared/ (Spooky TV program...)

Sometimes the latin H turns into Х as well, that's true. I'm not quite sure what the pattern is there.

Was studying Russian compulsory in East Germany?

Well, the time Verena went to school, there was no East Germany anymore ...

just nitpicking of course, but there sill is an "east germany", but the "german democratic republic" disappeared....

Edited by Gernobono

just nitpicking of course, but there sill is an "east germany", but the "german democratic republic" disappeared....

It was compulsory in the GDR, instead of English, methinks. Some schools in the west were/are also offering it as a second or third foreign language. I'm from the west and I chose it in 7th grade, because it seemd more interesting than French or Latin. The USSR was still in place back then.

Forgot most of it, though -- we had to read Pushkin originals in 13th grade, but now I am probably on 9th grade level at best... not using a language can be really hurtful.

Edited by Oimeru

Korinthenka.......... ;-)

East Germany it's not a very liked expression, so they say "neue Bundesl

East Germany it's not a very liked expression

I wasn't aware of that but I can see from the reactions I may have touched a nerve. I won't use it again.

Not really....to me it sounds stupid both ways. East Germany sounds still like GDR, "Neue Bundesl

To get back to the topic- the most pretty girl I see here is the one on the right side with the nice smile in the kinda red pullover.

Probably OY's sister, or else he would have given her a topic for her own. (Spooky TV program...)

Well, to stay completely (Spooky TV program...), my last name is Vath (which, in my family line, came to America from Bavaria).

In Japanese, Vath, bath, and bus are all pronounced 'basu' or 'バス' in kana.

So, in Japanese, I'm Mr. Bus, or Mr. Bath (although bath is always said using the Japanese word for it).

Ah, the difficulties of transliteration.

On a side note of an off topic post, my last name basically has 3 sounds in it. The 'V', the 'a', pronounced like the a in cat, (Oh, this is tough. The only accurate way is to use those funny pronounciation symbols that I don't understand at all) and the 'th' sound. None of these 3 sounds exist in the Japanese language, which is why Vath can become bus.

Back on topic, I prefer my Russian women like that,

20060216-sharapova.jpg

Edited by Asashosakari

I suppose the german forum members wouldn't pronounce it as in cat but in more Japanese-friendly way, right?

A thread on attractive athletes and we have a tangent about German geographic-political nomenclature, rather than mention (and pictures) of Miwa Asao?

asao9.jpg

I suppose the german forum members wouldn't pronounce it as in cat but in more Japanese-friendly way, right?

I think Shibouyama means that the original spelling of his surname included an a-umlaut (i.e. it's the same as this sorta famous guy's name), the sound of which is quite different from the Japanese "a" sound.

Edited by Asashosakari

OK, I know we are not supposed to get into religion, but that website seems to me to show more about male insecurity than religion. The guy writing it is clearly threatened by active, athletic women.

Case in point:

"The fruits we see are that today

OK, I know we are not supposed to get into religion, but that website seems to me to show more about male insecurity than religion. The guy writing it is clearly threatened by active, athletic women.

Case in point:

"The fruits we see are that today

And untrue, since the bible is full of strong, assertive women who have no problem manipulating men ..

"Wifely duties around the home" indeed..

Since we can write anything in this topic it seems I want to steer it for a moment to a beautiful Irish woman. Andrea Corr.

I met her in 1996 when they were just starting out and had a nice chat. Needless to say (Sign of approval...) I fell in love immediately and have had the piss taken out of me since by my friends for stating that evening that there was "chemistry" between us. (I am not worthy...)

I'd settle for any of the sisters..