Sign in to follow this  
Guest vscottj

Buying sumo memorabilia/merchandise

Guest vscottj

Hello, new user here. I tried searching, but didn't find what I needed. If there is a link to answer my question, please feel free to direct me.

I have been following Sumo over this past year (my wife is half-Japanese and we got married last year) and would love to buy some sumo-related merchandise. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything in English or from an American importer of Japanese goods.

I've purchased programs, banzuke, and tegata prints from eBay, but am looking for things like those available here: sumo store.

Is there anyplace I can buy them from (our Japanese text-reading is non-existent unfortunately), or does anyone live in Japan and is willing to look for things for others? If so, please feel free to email me.

Again, if this is not the right place to ask, or there is a thread addressing this already, please feel free to redirect.

Thanks.

Try talking to Nishinoshima, one of our members here (you can look him up in the member directory link at the top right of the Sumo Forum homepage). Also try the "sumo_goodies" Yahoo! group.

Guest vscottj
Try talking to Nishinoshima, one of our members here (you can look him up in the member directory link at the top right of the Sumo Forum homepage). Also try the "sumo_goodies" Yahoo! group.

Thanks for the pointers! Will follow your suggestions.

Thanks again.

I know this is a super old thread, but I found it while searching for sumo merch. If you use Google Translate services, you can reasonably understand the website. This is a link that shows items that will ship to North America: http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall?g=0&v=3&grp=product&s=1&p=1&sitem=%E7%9B%B8%E6%92%B2&sf=0&st=A&country=us&myButton.x=45&myButton.y=16&myButton=%E7%B5%9E%E3%82%8A%E8%BE%BC%E3%82%80

This may not be relevant to the original poster anymore, but others may find some value in this.