Sign in to follow this  
Iwagakki

another one

The last drawing I posted ended with a good result. Here's another one.

I am not so sure it turned out to look so much like the person I was thinking of, but maybe I don't see right. Who is it?

p.s. anyone want it? Free, of course. This is my senshuraku drawing this basho. I will do some again next time, I guess.

post-179-1169258217_thumb.jpg

i hope you tried to do Kisenosato because he's the one who looks like that.

..... this or a "close-miss" Dejima.

i hope you tried to do Kisenosato because he's the one who looks like that.

..... this or a "close-miss" Dejima.

I was thinking Kisenosato too, but oddly enough it seemed more apparent to me from the thumbnail than from the full picture...

Kaiho? Really???

It's supposed to be Kisenosato. It a little bit of a relief, I should say, that you guys could tell I was thinking of him when I did it.

Kaiho? Really???

not really , it's just a running gag aroung here (thanks to Kintamayama).

Still no takers?

Well, I'd like to nominate The Original Kisenosato Fan, Kaikitsune, as a worthy recipient. :-)

Asashosakari's nomination is heart warming and benevolent. I hereby confirm my utmost interest in receiving this piece of art. Will send salmiakki in return to Iwagakki. Kintamayama can tell you details about salmiakki.

If you can do a Wakanoho I will gladly buy it from you (providing it's not an outrageous price)

Sorry, I don't do prices. You may only have one if you agree to accept it for free.

Wakanoho is a very interesting face, and your story about him makes him even more interesting to study carefully.

Edited by Iwagakki

Will send salmiakki in return to Iwagakki. Kintamayama can tell you details about salmiakki.

Sounds dangerous. :-)

pm me the required info, and it's yours.

Edited by Iwagakki

You may only have one if you agree to accept it for free.

I thought you didn't like "giving a man a fish". Perhaps you can teach me to draw instead? :-)

Hey, it's all about supply and demand for libertarians like Iwagakki and me. And I suspect your demand for drawings by Iwagakki will be higher than your demand for drawings by Nishinoshima, even post-training. Different goods, you see, unlike fish caught by different people. (Whistling...)

I thought you didn't like "giving a man a fish". Perhaps you can teach me to draw instead? :-)

Seriously thank you for your generous offer. I will indeed accept a free picture, but please allow me to send something sumo in return.

Giving a sketch to a friend, even an imaginary "cyber-friend" just because it's nice, and will maybe add a smile, or a nice moment to his world, is a whole lot different than giving an imaginary person a welfare check, because "society owes it to them."

Some day when I am in Tokyo, you can take me to meet Wakanoho, or Homasho, and after, we can share a nice argument about social issues over a Kirin Ichiban. That I will accept as payment.

I thought you didn't like "giving a man a fish". Perhaps you can teach me to draw instead? (I am not worthy...)

Hey, it's all about supply and demand for libertarians like Iwagakki and me. And I suspect your demand for drawings by Iwagakki will be higher than your demand for drawings by Nishinoshima, even post-training. Different goods, you see, unlike fish caught by different people. (I am not worthy...)

Sorry to drag up this old thing, but the libertarian comment got me thinking. I took a little online "test" and indeed, according to my answers I am a "law of the jungle" libertarian. Thanks for the nudge in the way of clarification.

I have always wondered where I fit in, and why the whole right/left lib/con thing never made any sense to me.

Edit: Sorry about the political propaganda....

Edited by Iwagakki

hey just wanted to say your drawing looks really good brother, no joke you've got some real talent keep it up!

Edited by Ryukaze

hey just wanted to say your drawing looks really good brother, no joke you've got some real talent keep it up!

I agree with Ryukaze.

I'm still waiting to see your impression of Iwakiyama. I believe you already mentioned he had an interesting face. Have you drawn him before? ( maybe I'm just exhibiting poor memory ) If not, why not?

I have unopened packs of 1997 bbm-sha sumo cards if that's something that interests you.

I agree with Ryukaze.

I'm still waiting to see your impression of Iwakiyama. I believe you already mentioned he had an interesting face. Have you drawn him before? ( maybe I'm just exhibiting poor memory ) If not, why not?

I have unopened packs of 1997 bbm-sha sumo cards if that's something that interests you.

Thanks guys.

uh, what is a 1997 bbm-sha sumo card? sounds interesting, if it's legal.

I'm still kicking around about Iwakiyama. Isn't he strange looking? I just love his face. But I have figure out the time to do a drawing of him. Probably next basho, actually. I will do Iwakiyama, and Wakanoho for Nishi. I like to do them at like 2am when I watch sumo on tv.

and when you decide to do Kaiho or Musashimaru i could send a Greek goat over to you.

(ok maybe just goat cheese or a small plastic Kri-kri to put on your desk)

:-D

and when you decide to do Kaiho or Musashimaru i could send a Greek goat over to you.

I thought Daisy was a sheep?