Sign in to follow this  
Fay

Pics of Day 10, Sadogatake Asageiko and Kaiho

Today I went - as every time - to Sadogatake Asageiko and I spoke a few words with my nonexistent japanese to Kotoshoki. He must have liked what I said (I am not worthy...) cause he gave me 5 !!!??? sumocalendar as a present.

Then I even talked to Sadogatake Oyakata (Laughing...) :-| :-/ , well in fact I talked to his wife and he stood beside her ;-). I could avoid getting one more calendar but now I got another invitation to the senshuraku party and I'm getting in conflicts where to go ... perhaps I start a bit partyhopping

Anyway here are the pics from Asageiko and for Verena and Aderechelsea some pics from todays Daiyubu and Kaiho.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Kaiho1.jpg

Kaiho2.jpg

Kaiho3.jpg

Daiyubu1.jpg

Daiyubu2.jpg

i am not worthy ;-)

Isn't he Daishouchi?

nope ... that's Daiyubu.

Forgive my ignorance, and search didn't show up anything, but is that oyakata on the right sporting an artificial foot/ankle?

Forgive my ignorance, and search didn't show up anything, but is that oyakata on the right sporting an artificial foot/ankle?

Kintamayama could easily offer more substantial insight, but as far as I can remember, Moto-Kotozakura suffers from severe diabetes, and had to sacrifice part - if not all - of his foot.

Kintamayama could easily offer more substantial insight, but as far as I can remember, Moto-Kotozakura suffers from severe diabetes, and had to sacrifice part - if not all - of his foot.

That was my guess. My grandfather suffered from diabetes and had to lose half of his foot, and that immediately jumped to mind.

Link.

I have a question. Just where is Sadogatake located? I originally thought it was Tokyo, then I heard Osaka. So I was just curious. Thanks.

Daiyubu2.jpg

Fay-san

Thank you again!!

Daiyuubu won by Ucchari!! (Laughing...) (Laughing...)

It was great.

Fay, I seem to recall the current Sadogatake oyakata's wife was an exchange student or studied in the U.S. for a couple of years. Did you speak to her in English? If so does she speak good English?

I asked because perhaps she may be a good person for Mark to do an interview.

Sorry Mark, I wasn't trying to pull something here but wouldn't it great to find out about an okamisan's life from an actual okamisan?

Edited by Jonosuke

Fay, I seem to recall the current Sadogatake oyakata's wife was an exchange student or studied in the U.S. for a couple of years. Did you speak to her in English? If so does she speak good English?

Yes she was, and her English is perfect. And she is extremely nice as well.

Sorry Mark, I wasn't trying to pull something here but wouldn't it great to find out about an okamisan's life from an actual okamisan?

Yes as Kintamayama said and she is indeed extremely nice so as everyone else at Sadogatake, even the old Oyakata, who once offered me former Kotonowaka's beer seat :-D

7.jpg

I think they put the silicone implant in the wrong place???

kidding....

Ouch

Hey, hey !!!!! Nothing against my Kotomisen!!!! :-S

Edited by Fay

Thanks for my hero....what a torinaoshi win today....*sbiff sniff*

Fay thank you for the pictures. Any idea what the rikishi were so interested in reading?

Yes they are reading the torikumi for the day, and they often go twice or three times to read, seems they won't believe it :-S

Edited by Fay

IIRC, she studied (or at least homestayed) in Boston and Vancouver (perhaps Victoria). We spoke after asageiko many years ago at the temporary lodgings near Nagoya. To second Kinta's observations, she's a very nice person, and speaks English well. Seems genuinely interested in those who come to visit the heya. No doubt she'd be able to give a fascinating interview should she be interested and the heya/NSK approve.

Wow Fay.... GREAT pics........ ;-) ;-)

I got another invitation to the senshuraku party and I'm getting in conflicts where to go ...

(Sign of approval...) (Censored...) (Sigh...) You can't be serious......

I am NOT jealous..... I am NOT jealous..... I am NOT jealous..... :-D