Sign in to follow this  
ilovesumo

Videos day 10 all uploaded

Today was ... (I am not worthy...)

Kaiho lost...Hoshikaze lost....Tochinoyama lost....almost everybody I do care about lost.

And, in the morning when I arrived at the station in Ryogoku, the right wing was grining at me...I just had to show my middle finger...

Tell me, how stupid is it to write something to piss gaijin off -in kanji....brainless.... (Laughing...)

by the way, do japanese people understand this gesture?

Again some bad screams at the Kokugikan and I got pissed off when some husband told his wife not to talk to the gaijin...

Guess I am a bit sensetive these days..just took my MP3 player and listened to Marilyn Manson during Makuuchi cause I couldn't stand the talking around anymore- every 10.th word was gaijin...and it's amazing how less the "fans" know sometimes, a female beside me just found out that Kotooshu is not a japanese :-/ ...

Asashoryu.vs.Mickey

Hakuho.vs.Kotoshogiku

Miyabiyama.vs.Osh

Chiyotaikai.vs.Tochiazuma

Kaio.vs.Kyokutenho

Aminishiki.vs.Kisenosato

Kaiho.vs.Kobo

:-|

Tochinoyama

Buyuzan

Chiyotenzan

Gagamaru.vs.Fukuoka

Takanoyama

Hoshikaze

Tooyama

Tochinoshin

Amuru

Ichinoya

Edited by ilovesumo

by the way, do japanese people understand this gesture?

In Japan several of my kindergarten students in the tiny backwater town I used to teach English in would try and get away with doing that, so they must've been seeing it somewhere. I'm not sure if they understood it though.

Thanks for the great videos!! (I am not worthy...)

I'm sorry, Verena... :-| You sound so depressed! Sometimes, it's best not to even know ANY Japanese, huh? :-/ It's not worth getting upset over those people that are rude like that. (I am not worthy...) I hope it will be better for you tomorrow! ;-)

Thank you for your time in doing us all a favor by puttig the videos/pictures on the forum! (Laughing...)

(I am not worthy...) Thanks for the nice videos. (Laughing...)

...and I hope that tomorrow the day will be friendlier to you... :-|

Don't let it get to you Verena. It's easy to get hypersensitive to certain words and phrases in Japanese and I know my ears used to perk up whenever I heard "gaijin natukanatuka...". Don't let it get in the way of your sumo enjoyment.

;-) Nice to see the oldest active rikishi in action. Thanks. :-P

Note how the gyoji gives it to the other guy, then quickly changes his mind and gives it to Methuselah..

When I went to Tokyo, I went with a friend(6'3" pale redhead, so he really stuck out) to a hole in the wall bar, and some business-types were talking crap about us, so my friend yelled at them, and asked them to "take it outside".

Once again Verena, thank you for the videos, and PLEASE keep the sound, I love hearing the ambiance of the arena, and its great hearing sounds of encouragement and disappointment from behind the camera.

Sounds like culture shock is really getting to you, Verena. Sometimes it helps to take a day off, hang out with some foreign friends, watch a comedy DVD, have a few pints, and chill. Thanks for all the great stuff you post, but don't do so much you burn out...

You know as much as I am known among my relatives in Japan as a sumo "maniac" (though in Japan it does not exactly have the same connotation), I don't think I can take a full 9 to 6 PM day at the Kokugikan for 10 days straight. For one thing my back will give out sitting in the sunakaburi half a day, I look for a chair seat desparately.

And if I were you I would just ignore those ultra right people as they are more or less connected to yakuza family and they really don't care if their victims are Japanese or not. They can make your life very very miserable if not painful.

So for your mini-depression, I agree 100% with Otoko san. Take a rest and do something else for a while like go visit Harajuku or Odaiba or even go to basement floor of departement store and get something edible from food shops. When you eat good. you will feel better.

Otherwise thank you for all the videos.

Edited by Jonosuke

Thanks for the kind words- but how to do something else....with the 20% tax off from salary I realy don't earn much- but I have to live. Money is almost gone, so I have to work on monday after the Basho. It's not that I can ask my family.

For the gaijin-haters of yesterday...My problem was that I just had the feeling all people feel the same about foreigners, (everybody hates me while smiling at me)-kinda paranoia cause before the Basho started, there was something similar you don't know about....Yes, I keep those as extremists and the stupid "fans" as something else.

Sumo is the medicine and I don't care that my ass hurts, sitting at the floor for 10 and a half hours a day. :-D - sometimes it's good to have a fat one :-S

Here the promised pictures from day 10. Thank god I took just a few on day 11 (Sigh...)

DSC04115.jpg

DSC04117.jpg

DSC04118.jpg

DSC04119.jpg

DSC04120.jpg

DSC04121.jpg

DSC04124.jpg

DSC04126.jpg

DSC04127.jpg

DSC04128.jpg

DSC04131.jpg

DSC04136.jpg

DSC04138.jpg

DSC04139.jpg

DSC04141.jpg

Have to stop here, still more to come, going on tomorrow...wow, a 2 days delay.... (Censored...) yeah, germans are never too late...muhahaha (Sign of approval...)

Edited by ilovesumo