Sign in to follow this  
Exil

2.2.0 Feedback

Please post feedback here.

Known issues:

• The emoticon box could be wider

The calendar is back, BTW. ;-)

Edit: If you experience layout problems, clearing browser cache may help.

Edited by Exil

amazing fast reply box ..... ;-)

especially for me that i use this feature 90% of the times i post in a topic ....

The reply page looks pretty cool now... but only the buttons are working for me, not the combo boxes (like fonts, text formatting, emoticons etc) - no reaction at all when I click on them. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.3 on WinXP.

;-)

Known issues:

[*]The emoticon box could be wider

It's still a few pixels too narrow on IE6, but I'm really only annoyed by getting to see only 12 smileys at once now unless I use the pop-up window...oh well.

The reply page looks pretty cool now... but only the buttons are working for me, not the combo boxes (like fonts, text formatting, emoticons etc) - no reaction at all when I click on them. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.3 on WinXP.

Are you using the standard editor or the RTE? Both work fine with 2.0.

A bug-fix update (2.2.1) is already in the works, and is said to contain several dozens of small fixes, so with any luck it will be fixed soon.

Is the My Friends thing redundant? Should I bother adding anyone there? What will happen if I do? Will others get annoyed? Will I have to make a best friends list?

Short answer: yes. To all of the above. (Eek...)

Long answer: quite redundant. "Friends" are listed in the PM address shortlist, though. Other than that, it is only good for making people guilty by association. :-) And you can stalk them with the new Friends window.

Updating the tegata gallery is next on my to-do list, BTW.

It's still a few pixels too narrow on IE6, but I'm really only annoyed by getting to see only 12 smileys at once now unless I use the pop-up window...oh well.

Support for legacy browsers is limited, please consider upgrading your browser (and maybe switching to Firefox?). :-P :-P

No way to increase the number of rows. :-) And the fact that emoticons are sorted alphabetically annoys me even more.

I am correct in stating that when you check out someones profile you can now see who else has done the same?

Indeed. And there are all kinds of new features in the profile screen. I wonder if Kintamayama has a personal statement...

Support for legacy browsers is limited, please consider upgrading your browser

Tried IE7 the other week, got annoyed beyond my personal limits within three days, so I dumped it again. Nothing unusual for me - I was still using Netscape 3.1 when 4.x was already outdated. I'll cope. (Online too long...)

Anyway, the slight scroll bars really don't bother me (everything is still visible), considering that the newly-shrunken smiley area is much more annoying in and of itself. (Eh?) And that's not something switching to Firefox would fix, so there.

The Reply combo boxes do work in IE6, BTW, so I guess Firefox pre-v2 is even more outdated. (In love...)

Multipost quote buttons (quote +, at the bottom of posts) do not work. When I click one, I'm teleported to teh beginning of the thread instead of button changing to red quote -. Driving FFox 1.5.0.8, scripting enabled, feature worked fine on past IPB version.

My control- suddenly, there is a PM block list, which is actually comprised of my buddy list!! WHY? It says I am blocking all of Doitsuyama's PMs to me, for instance.. Who knows what I've missed..

I never made a block list, nor intend to. Why am I being turned into a paranoid rat?? I suggest everyone check that list..

There is even a reason you can give the PMer for blocking him!!

WHY??

My control- suddenly, there is a PM block list, which is actually comprised of my buddy list!! WHY? It says I am blocking all of Doitsuyama's PMs to me, for instance.. Who knows what I've missed..

I never made a block list, nor intend to. Why am I being turned into a paranoid rat?? I suggest everyone check that list..

There is even a reason you can give the PMer for blocking him!!

WHY??

I could swear the PM blocking feature itself isn't new...

My control- suddenly, there is a PM block list, which is actually comprised of my buddy list!! WHY??

I could swear the PM blocking feature itself isn't new...

It's not new, but Kintamayama is right about it acting strange. I just discovered that Fujisan is on my PM block list. Which is incredibly strange as I never put him there and have only ever exchanged PM's with him once and that was probably a year ago.

My control- suddenly, there is a PM block list, which is actually comprised of my buddy list!! WHY?

This happens when you have previously added contacts. The contact list became the block list in 2.2.0, so any entries are now in the block list. It is a known bug.

My block list reads "Message allow" for my contacts, which I take it means that messages are not blocked. You can safely remove the entries.

Multipost quote buttons (quote +, at the bottom of posts) do not work. When I click one, I'm teleported to teh beginning of the thread instead of button changing to red quote -. Driving FFox 1.5.0.8, scripting enabled, feature worked fine on past IPB version.

You may have found a previously undiscovered bug. Can anyone still using Firefox 1.5 confirm or deny the existence of this bug?

I get a "forum error" message when I try to approve a pending friendship request.

You have to select which friends you want to approve. Tick the box(es) and try again.

Gender can only be set while viewing your own profile, not at "Edit Profile Information".

You may have found a previously undiscovered bug. Can anyone still using Firefox 1.5 confirm or deny the existence of this bug?

Now at work, with FFox 2.0, and the bug is no longer a bug. So it's definitely FFox 1.5 (and older?) specific.

Now at work, with FFox 2.0, and the bug is no longer a bug. So it's definitely FFox 1.5 (and older?) specific.

The bug is a bug with Firefox 1.5.0.3 here as well, but not with Firefox 1.0(.8?) on another system, so it seems related to 1.5 only.

The bug is a bug with Firefox 1.5.0.3 here as well, but not with Firefox 1.0(.8?) on another system, so it seems related to 1.5 only.

I just multi-quoted the above messages on Firefox 1.5.0.3. The emoticon box seems to work as well. (Holiday feeling...) (Eh?) Could it be a browser cache issue?

Gender can only be set while viewing your own profile, not at "Edit Profile Information".

This I can confirm. And why the ability to change your gender and birth date while viewing your profile, anyway? (Eh?) They are usually not subject to change on a weekly basis (and if they are, keeping forum profile information up to date is the least of your worries :-O).

I just multi-quoted the above messages on Firefox 1.5.0.3. The emoticon box seems to work as well. (Holiday feeling...) (Eh?) Could it be a browser cache issue?

Yes, clearing the browser cache solved both issues. Weird...

Yes, clearing the browser cache solved both issues. Weird...

IP.Board relies heavily on external javascript files (e.g. post editors - both standard and RTE - are completely dynamically generated), and those tend to get cached. Obviously, 2.1.x script files do not work with 2.2.x. comphits.gif

And they wonder why people think computers = black magic. Sigh.

Thanks!

Something weird has been done to the search...

Example: Search for "Toyohibiki", set to show results as posts, and sort them by descending posting date.

It used to sort them by the exact date of each post, now it seems to sort them in descending order by the thread creation date, and then ascending for each thread. Note how the two posts from "Apres promotion pics" are listed before everything from the older "Juryo promotions for Hatsu 2007" thread, and that for each thread the oldest post is listed first. I don't mind the thread-sorting so much (arguably it makes it easier to look through the search results), but the order reversal is pretty annoying. If I wanted them in ascending order, I'd select that.

Edit: Here's an even odder search output.

Edited by Asashosakari

I format my photos to be 800 pixel across. This means they fit snugly into the forum and no side scrolling is required. However now they are being resized automatically and unnessecarily. Why?

New forum feature. There doesn't seem to be any way to change the threshold or turn it off. Now disabled. Kudos to Asashosakari.

Something weird has been done to the search...

Example: Search for "Toyohibiki", set to show results as posts, and sort them by descending posting date.

There was a bug in 2.2.0, search results were ordered by last reply to the thread. It was fixed in 2.2.1, and seems to be working now.

Edited by Exil

the smiley icon is good upstairs, but who needs the smiley window anymore? I use "show them all" very often....

How about a personal selection of favourite smileys in the small window?

(well, I guess that wish is beyond Exil's power, but hey, it's christmas after all!) (Showing respect...)