Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

News- June 28th

Oozeki Chiyotaikai went to degeiko at Tomozuna like I promised yesterday. There to greet him was none other than his fellow Oozeki KaioU who then proceeded to go 13-8 against him. "The three most likely rikishi I can lose to are the two Yokozunas and KaioU", he said. Chiyotaikai ws reportedly not looking good, having lost 14 kilos since last basho. Still, he is out to overcome his current problems and go for the Tsuna again. (Sanspo)

New singer and ex-Sumotori/Oyakata Daishi had his debut live gig yesterday at the "Livehouse" in Saitama. The venue was sold out (100 people..). he opened with some Sumo Jinku, tried some Enka, and sang some pop songs, 11 songs altogether. "I was thrilled that so many people came out to see me on my first-ever live gig", he said, thrilled.

"From here on, I will do my best (Ganbarimasu) in the entertainment world", he said, easily substituting the word "Sumo" for "entertainment". (Sanspo)

Edited by Kintamayama

Tochiazuma is in good form as well. He went to Kasugano for degeiko against Tochinohana and others -26 bouts, results unknown." I had a lot of bouts today. The more I do, the better I'll be prepared", he reasoned. Last Basho when he was kadoban, he was very reserved and worried before the Basho. This time he is optimistic and looking to the future. He received a new keshomawashi from baseball league-leading Hanshin Tigers'(of whom he is a great fan) manager Hoshino. He hopes to shine like his favorite Tigers at the moment. "I haven't decided if I will wear it from day 1, but I do intend to wear it and do my best", he said. (Nikkan)

Edited by Kintamayama