Sign in to follow this  
Iwagakki

strange things day 2

I noticed some things on day two.

What is the deal with Osh? that was just foolish.

Did anyone else notice Kisenosato's reaction after his loss? He jerked his arm away from Tochiazuma, quite dramatically and quite rudely. and hardly bowed at all. lame (Annoyed...) bad form. surly boy has some karma headed his way...

What was going on between Asashoryu and Futeno? good match, bad ending.

Edited by Iwagakki

Was Day 2 that unusual, or have I just not been paying attention lately? There were three, maybe four matches where the winner was moving forward. All the rest were slapdowns, sideways shifts and shoves, twists and turns, okuridashi whatevers, etc. etc. If I really haven't been paying attention (entirely possible), then maybe there's another reason why sumo isn't turning people on anymore. But today was not a very entertaining day.

Kisenosato has been doing that frequently in the past few basho and I for one have ben scathing in my criticism of his impertinence.

He is acting like a petulant child and when "uncle Asa" puts in his place during their bouts, it is satisfying to watch.

I have quickly gone off Kisenosato, he is becoming one of my villains, those I enjoy seeing beaten.

Asa frequently gives the extra shove, little too much aggression perhaps, a reminder of who is who and ones place in the sumo world, though in saying that other recent Yokozuna didnt do it like he does, but none of them had close to the same dominance he currently has over the rest of the field.

He is acting like a petulant child

He is still a kid... He will grow up. Pretty good performance as for now. I hope he will keep on. I think he is a little bit changed. It is only day three but I think he goes for mawashi much strongly then before. Probably two wins by yorikiri it's not enough to talk about change of oshi-guy but that is my impression. With such long arms he should fight on belt much often then he does.

Asa frequently gives the extra shove, little too much aggression perhaps, a reminder of who is who and ones place in the sumo world, though in saying that other recent Yokozuna didnt do it like he does, but none of them had close to the same dominance he currently has over the rest of the field.

Akebono was known to give that extra heave as well. And then some.